Spoilers and Speculation Thread (WARNING: Spoilers included)

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Re: Spoilers and Speculation Thread (WARNING: Spoilers inclu

Post by Aw454wtr »

[quote="flipax"][quote]About Grenderl:
Euclid Lucifuge hinted that Grendel is still in the development process. So I think, technically Grendel is still an "undead" by category. So dragon slayer won't work on him, bcoz it's a Dragon Slayer not an Undead Slayer.
[/quote]

Ascalon is a dragon slayer holy sword that was modified so ise and others can wield it. If Grendel was really an undead, ascalon can still give great damage because of the light attribute.

Grendel being immune to dragon slayer is maybe related to GAsper's childhood friend Valerie. She has the Longinus holy grail which makes one's body tougher against its natural weakness. Maybe there is a relationship between the new khaos brigade and the tepes faction from the vampires. Or the new leader of the KB is also the leader of the tepes faction a vampire. This would be also a good reason for the Gremory group to interfere and to rescue Valerie.[/quote]

Dont think grendel is immune to dragon slayer, he did take extra damage, but grendel's base defense was too high that ascalon could not deliver fatal blow, even vali did not die from being hit by ise's ascalon, it (dragon slayer) just did more damage than a regular attack would do
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

Dont think grendel is immune to dragon slayer, he did take extra damage, but grendel's base defense was too high that ascalon could not deliver fatal blow,

You should read again in volume 14: New life
Sona said:
“……I don’t know the truth about their experiment, but that Grendel……withstood a dragon-slayer. There’s no doubt that his defence is exceptional. –But it’s certain that he has some kind of power added to him. Receiving so little damage from the crimson armour state Ise-kun with a dragon-slayer is impossible.”
There you go mate. Dragon slayer is still a dragon slayer. The name it self clearly implies it can slay dragon. How much defense one dragon has its still can give a fatal hit especially Ise in a crimson armor state.

even vali did not die from being hit by ise's ascalon, it (dragon slayer) just did more damage than a regular attack would do
Because Vali didnt receive damage directly or slash directly from Ascalon. It was Ise's punch with ascalon power added to it what hit Vali. It destroyed the vanishing dragon armor easily like a paper. Thats how effective and destructive can a dragon slayer power added do to a dragon even with just a punch. If Vali got slash or stab directly from Ascalon he could have died. Even though Ise was still weak at those time. He cant use balance breaker without the help of the ring that Azazel gave him. Ise can only maintain the balance breaker form in just less than 15minutes, while Vali can maintain it for a month when they first battled each other.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

flipax wrote:
> [quote]Dont think grendel is immune to dragon slayer, he did take extra damage, but
> grendel's base defense was too high that ascalon could not deliver fatal blow,[/quote]
>
>
> You should read again in volume 14: New life
> Sona said:
> [b]“……I don’t know the truth about their experiment, but that Grendel……withstood
> a dragon-slayer. There’s no doubt that his defence is exceptional. –But it’s certain
> that he has some kind of power added to him. Receiving so little damage from the
> crimson armour state Ise-kun with a dragon-slayer is impossible.”[/b]
> There you go mate. Dragon slayer is still a dragon slayer. The name it self clearly
> implies it can slay dragon. How much defense one dragon has its still can give
> a fatal hit especially Ise in a crimson armor state.
>
>
> [quote]even vali did not die from being hit by ise's ascalon, it (dragon slayer)
> just did more damage than a regular attack would do[/quote]
>
> Because Vali didnt receive damage directly or slash directly from Ascalon. It was
> Ise's punch with ascalon power added to it what hit Vali. It destroyed the vanishing
> dragon armor easily like a paper. Thats how effective and destructive can a dragon
> slayer power added do to a dragon even with just a punch. If Vali got slash or stab
> directly from Ascalon he could have died. Even though Ise was still weak at those
> time. He cant use balance breaker without the help of the ring that Azazel gave
> him. Ise can only maintain the balance breaker form in just less than 15minutes,
> while Vali can maintain it for a month when they first battled each other.

But the dragon eater from vol11 did not kill vali or ophis, and that thing was the ultimate dragon slayer, if dragon slayers could outright kill any dragons in one hit, wouldnt the khaos brigade have simply used seig's Demonic Emperor Gram, a dragon slayer sword to kill Ise,Vali,Great Red and Ophis rather than go to the trouble of getting involved with Hades to get the dragon eater.
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

But the dragon eater from vol11 did not kill vali or ophis, and that thing was the ultimate dragon slayer, if dragon slayers could outright kill any dragons in one hit,
Because Samael is being controlled by Georg. Cao Cao negotiated with Hades so Georg can summon Samael and they can only use Samael just once. They use samael to steal Ophis power. In the beginning CaoCao doesnt have the intent to kill dragons by using samael, but he use it once against Vali to stop him from using the Juggernaut Drive.

caocao said this:
“I made the plan along with taking you guys down without killing you…… Aren’t you satisfied with it? To tell you the truth, the Balance-Breaker of the holy-spear still needs lots of tunning. That’s why I used this occasion to see its strong points and weak points.”

Vali survive coz of his enormous demonic power to fight off the curse, but still he was in a critical condition and he fully recovered because of the monkey king treatment, but Ise's body got easily destroyed because of the curse.

wouldnt the khaos brigade have simply used seig's Demonic Emperor Gram, a dragon slayer sword to kill Ise,Vali,Great Red and Ophis rather than go to the trouble of getting involved with Hades to get the dragon eater.
but the Demonic Emperor Gram only answer to its master/owner and that time was Siegfried. During the battles against Kiba, the Demonic Emperor Gram chooses kiba as its new master. So not everyone can wield the Demonic Emperor Gram.

having a dragon slayer weapon doesnt mean u can hit/slash dragon that easily. U need skills and power to that. Dragons are powerful beings, they wont just stand there and get stab by a dragon slayer u know. First battle of Vali and Ise, Vali dodge all the hack and slash by Ise using ascalon coz Vali knows he would be killed if it would hit him.

the same case with the holy spear of caocao. It said it can kill a maou or a god or simply they called it a god slayer, but still monkey king defeated him easily because of the difference in skills and power. the first generation monkey king is a demi-god u know.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

What are the odds that Mil-tan would end up in Ise's peerage, he/she/it clearly is not human, vali and bikou could not sense his presence and he/she/it was able to physically beat down khaos brigade magicians
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Aw454wtr wrote:What are the odds that Mil-tan would end up in Ise's peerage, he/she/it clearly is not human, vali and bikou could not sense his presence and he/she/it was able to physically beat down khaos brigade magicians
I would say that the odds of that happening, are pretty low ... since Ise is clearly frightened of him.

Not to mention, I believe Ise's future servants are all going to be "physically" female ... while Mil-tan is "physically" male...
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ID not in use »

ChrisB38 wrote:
Not to mention, I believe Ise's future servants are all going to be "physically" female ... while Mil-tan is "physically" male...
I agree with this idea. However, ever since the author made it known that Old Man Tannin was a queen in the rating game, I've had the suspiscion that that was not just for laughs...
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

[quote="ID not in use"][quote="ChrisB38"]

Not to mention, I believe Ise's future servants are all going to be "physically" female ... while Mil-tan is "physically" male...[/quote]

I agree with this idea. However, ever since the author made it known that Old Man Tannin was a queen in the rating game, I've had the suspiscion that that was not just for laughs...[/quote]

Tannin being a queen has not relation to being male/female its just a chess peice, surely there are other male queens since there are female kings afterall not to mention ise promotes to queen most of the time
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Aw454wtr wrote:
Tannin being a queen has not relation to being male/female its just a chess peice, surely there are other male queens since there are female kings afterall not to mention ise promotes to queen most of the time
That wasn't my point. It's that Tannin might become Ise's queen, which would negate an all female line up.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

[quote="ID not in use"][quote="Aw454wtr"]

Tannin being a queen has not relation to being male/female its just a chess peice, surely there are other male queens since there are female kings afterall not to mention ise promotes to queen most of the time[/quote]

That wasn't my point. It's that Tannin might become Ise's queen, which would negate an all female line up.[/quote]

Though i doubt it, it was mentioned that tannin is focusing on training dragons rather than participating in rating games, their relationship is more like master-apprentice making tannin his servant would not go well with that.

on another note in terms of power levels is the infinite ophis (prior to vol 11) truely the strongest being, if so why didn't ophis just kill great red herself instead of relying on the khaos brigade, is Great red even more powerful than the infinite ophis??
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Aw454wtr wrote: Though i doubt it, it was mentioned that tannin is focusing on training dragons rather than participating in rating games, their relationship is more like master-apprentice making tannin his servant would not go well with that.

on another note in terms of power levels is the infinite ophis (prior to vol 11) truely the strongest being, if so why didn't ophis just kill great red herself instead of relying on the khaos brigade, is Great red even more powerful than the infinite ophis??
Here is some thing to think about Ophis represents Infinite Possibilities while Great Red represents the Dream so there for it is highly unlikely that Ophis can directly 'kill' Great Red and there for has to use an alternate means (the Khaos Brigade) to 'kill(destroy)' Great Red. Now Ise has a problem that Kenko and Akeno are helping him keep in balance because after the big battles in vol 12 now Ise represents both the Infinite and the Dream. This is because Ise's new body was created from Great Red's flesh with help from Ophis, so now if Ise has too much dragon energy he is becoming 'Infinate' and could actuality end up causing major problems by basically going into overdrive while if he dose not have enough he is becoming the dream and could die.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

Will the short story featuring Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi be featured in vol 15? the wikia states the sword was featured as a short story in dragon magazine.

Though its kinda strange that the strongest eastern holy sword that is on par with excalibur did not debut in the main novels. Hopefully Tiamat makes her debut in the main story and not in a short story
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Its not included in volume 15. It was mentioned by this kid in the ss you are talking about. The story where Saji is the "last boss" and gets killed by Sirzechs and Serafall.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

[quote="Code-Zero"]Its not included in volume 15. It was mentioned by this kid in the ss you are talking about. The story where Saji is the "last boss" and gets killed by Sirzechs and Serafall.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

Somehow I feel that by the end of the current arc (about vol 18) that Azazel might be killed off, his role in the DxD story seems to be coming to an end

1. He is no longer the governor of the fallen angels

2. He has transfered Fafnir over to Asia

3. He has already trained the members of the gremory and sitri group on how to use their sacred gears

4. A main character dying may be the next plot tool to give ise his next powerup, Azazel seems to be the most likely candidate for that

Return to “High School DxD”