Spoilers and Speculation Thread (WARNING: Spoilers included)

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Spoilers and Speculation Thread (WARNING: Spoilers inclu

Post by noblelance »

The problem I have with it is not the multiple things where he could be a pawn in one instance and a king on his own. My thing is that, he would be taking Asia, Xenovia from Rias. And my belief is that they, Ise, Rias et all wouldn't want to break up the group in fights. Which is why I theorized my idea, but didn't make that really clear probably.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ID not in use »

Thats been discussed before. The thought that came out of it, is that since as Rias' pawn Ise's peerage will never compete against Rias. Therefore Xenovia, Asia and Koneko could be "shared", that is, traded prior to a rating game based on who is playing. So they could actually technically be in both teams at the same time.
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

but Ise doesnt need approval from Rias to promote anymore in the later volumes because Beelzebub use hax on his evil pieces :mrgreen:
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

flipax wrote:but Ise doesnt need approval from Rias to promote anymore in the later volumes because Beelzebub use hax on his evil pieces :mrgreen:
Yeah. He only needs approval to promote in the "rating games", which hopefully will never occur again in the series. >.<
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

denormative wrote:
flipax wrote:but Ise doesnt need approval from Rias to promote anymore in the later volumes because Beelzebub use hax on his evil pieces :mrgreen:
Yeah. He only needs approval to promote in the "rating games", which hopefully will never occur again in the series. >.<
From vol 8 extra life

“…..The power of chess pieces. The trait is being used on something else and is changing a bit. This is an interesting phenomenon. Looks like it’s overwritten by a code that isn’t written in my programme. From my personal view, it must be the influence of “Juggernaut Drive”…… But the overwritten code is messy. With this programme, it would malfunction easily…… Yes. I will alter the evil-piece within you.”

….! I was shocked at the sudden offer.

“Is it alright? Doing something like this. Won’t it be unfair in the Rating Game?”

“Of course I will make sure it won’t work during the Rating Game. But it’s better if you can use it in real battle right? No. It also might be interesting if you can use it in the Rating Game. It might receive good response from viewers who like irregular causes. Well, since you are Sekiryuutei you would continue to fight enemy forces. It would be good to be in a environment where you can use the ideas of your ability. More than that, it would be interesting for those viewing it. Also I need to give you my gratitude for stopping my family member.”

It seems Ajuka Beelzebub may allow ise to use his promotion without king's approval for rating games as it would be good for entertainment purposes and without it ise cannot use his full power, so in the future if the gremory team loses any match due to ise not being able to use his full power, the winning team may not feel as though they really beat the gremory team thus affecting their overall rating and their high class devil pride, which is why saiorg bael allowed ise to use it, to ensure that if he wins, he would win convincingly

If Ise does become a king, I don't see why he cant use triania or true queen, as his piece designation for the rating game alone would be king, not a pawn, thus ruling on pawns do not apply to him then, infact triania and true queen would be viewed as his own unique power like raiser's regeneration or rias power of destruction
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

If Ise does become a king, I don't see why he cant use triania or true queen, as his piece designation for the rating game alone would be king, not a pawn, thus ruling on pawns do not apply to him then, infact triania and true queen would be viewed as his own unique power like raiser's regeneration or rias power of destruction
"Unleashing the power of Illegal Move Trident has seemingly caused three of Issei's eight Pawn pieces to become Mutation Pieces, with them being of different values. Cardinal Crimson Promotion has transformed a fourth."

-Ise's evil pawn pieces itself represent triana and true queen
-because triania or true queen relies on the evil pawn pieces of Ise without it he cant use either of them. Thats why its called Illegal Move Trident in the first place and Cardinal Crimson Promotion. And its only possible because of the Evil Pieces System. Thats why i was curious what will happen if Ise will battle in the rating game as a king. Can he still use his pawn pieces? or the game authorities will not allowed it?

if he is allowed to use the pawn pieces does that mean the total pieces of pawns would be 16 on his group ( Ise [8] and his peerage [8])?
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

flipax wrote:
"Unleashing the power of Illegal Move Trident has seemingly caused three of Issei's eight Pawn pieces to become Mutation Pieces, with them being of different values. Cardinal Crimson Promotion has transformed a fourth."

-Ise's evil pawn pieces itself represent triana and true queen
-because triania or true queen relies on the evil pawn pieces of Ise without it he cant use either of them. Thats why its called Illegal Move Trident in the first place and Cardinal Crimson Promotion. And its only possible because of the Evil Pieces System. Thats why i was curious what will happen if Ise will battle in the rating game as a king. Can he still use his pawn pieces? or the game authorities will not allowed it?

if he is allowed to use the pawn pieces does that mean the total pieces of pawns would be 16 on his group ( Ise [8] and his peerage [8])?
Think of it this way if Ise was a mutation rook instead of pawn, surely he would be allowed to use the rooks powers even if he is king so why not his mutation pawns, thats the difference between pure devils and reincarnated devils, invariably any reincarnated devil who rises up to become high class will retain the evil peice within them, it would be unfair in rating games to deprive them of their peice ability since they are not born with demonic powers that pure devils (except saiorg bael) have
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

Think of it this way if Ise was a mutation rook instead of pawn, surely he would be allowed to use the rooks powers even if he is king so why not his mutation pawns
-im just saying Ise cant use the triana moves and true queen without the pawn pieces. If he was a mutation rook then only the Welsh Dragonic Rook technique he can use. Maybe he will make a new technique synchronizing with his king piece, it will be called True Horny King or something. To compensate the "not allowed to use pawns".

-i remembered reading somewhere that in the rating games.. multiple kind of evil pieces is not allowed. Crap!! forgot where i read that.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

flipax wrote:
Think of it this way if Ise was a mutation rook instead of pawn, surely he would be allowed to use the rooks powers even if he is king so why not his mutation pawns
-im just saying Ise cant use the triana moves and true queen without the pawn pieces. If he was a mutation rook then only the Welsh Dragonic Rook technique he can use. Maybe he will make a new technique synchronizing with his king piece, it will be called True Horny King or something. To compensate the "not allowed to use pawns".

-i remembered reading somewhere that in the rating games.. multiple kind of evil pieces is not allowed. Crap!! forgot where i read that.
What you are remembering is what Rais said in vol 1 to Ise about how she made him a devil and that the system will only allow her to use one type of piece to reincarnate a person and that the types can not be mixed. I think that the creator of the Evil Piece System might actually make Ise's [King] have an extra feature that would make it so that his dragon strength would be shared with his servants. So that if he ended up trading [Pieces] for instance a [Bishop] to Ravel's mother the with Ravel being a servant of Ise, she would instantly get some dragon power added to her.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

flipax wrote:

True horny king :lol: but that does seems right up ises alley, poor Ddraig, one of these days he is going to become just like fafnir, a bra dragon
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Personally, I think that by the time that Ise becomes a High Class Devil, he will be so powerful that he won't need to depend on his pawn pieces as much as he currently does.

If you don't believe me, just look at how powerful Ise has gotten in about a year, since he has become a Devil.

And that's not even the end of his development, since he still hasn't managed to awaken the power of Great Red and Ophis that is contained in his current body, and Ise's dragonification ability is probably also going to gain some development in the future.

Not to mention, in the case of Ise ... and probably any other reincarnated Devil, that managed to become a High Class Devil their Evil Pieces is, at least to me, a part of their being, in a similar way that Rias Power of Destruction is a part of her being, due to being born as a Devil of the Gremory family, so preventing them from using their original Evil Pieces in the game, would be something similar to preventing them from using the full extent of their abilities, that have allowed them to reach the position of a High Class Devil - in other words, it would, kind of ... put them at a disadvantage, against Pure High Class Devil's that have no restrictions in using the innate abilities of their clan.

While, I could see it being restricted, if the moves using Ise's Pawn Pieces, would become so powerful that it could endanger the life of the other participants of the Rating Game - which is, quite likely, since Ise's Cardinal Crimson Promotion has the potential of reaching a level that Ddraig had, before he has been sealed into a Sacred Gear - but, otherwise I see no reason why Ise and any other reincarnated Devil, would be prevented from using his Pawn Pieces once he becomes independent.
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

And that's not even the end of his development, since he still hasn't managed to awaken the power of Great Red and Ophis that is contained in his current body, and Ise's dragonification ability is probably also going to gain some development in the future.
-well its obvious dude and dont forget his other 4 pawn pieces that hasnt change to a mutation piece.

-And about Rias' power of destruction it came from the Bael side not from the Gremory.

While, I could see it being restricted, if the moves using Ise's Pawn Pieces, would become so powerful that it could endanger the life of the other participants of the Rating Game - which is, quite likely, since Ise's Cardinal Crimson Promotion has the potential of reaching a level that Ddraig had, before he has been sealed into a Sacred Gear - but, otherwise I see no reason why Ise and any other reincarnated Devil, would be prevented from using his Pawn Pieces once he becomes independent.
-It already endangered other participants in the rating game like the queen of Sairaorg and he didnt use the true queen technique yet.
I see no reason why Ise and any other reincarnated Devil, would be prevented from using his Pawn Pieces once he becomes independent
-Multiple kind of pieces use in the rating game is not allowed.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Just out of curiosity, has the actual abilities of the King piece been revealed? Outside of it's role, is it pretty much the power of the actual user only? Is Rias becoming the switch princess a mutation of her King piece?
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

ID not in use wrote:Just out of curiosity, has the actual abilities of the King piece been revealed? Outside of it's role, is it pretty much the power of the actual user only? Is Rias becoming the switch princess a mutation of her King piece?
No, nothing about the King piece has been mentioned, apart from it's role.

While, I agree that it contains the power of the actual user, but it might not be it's only function.

We will just need to wait, for the author to give us some answer on this topic which, most likely, will happen after Ise finally becomes a High Class Devil.

Although, personally speaking, I doubt that Rias becoming a switch princess caused any change in her King piece, since it's not like she became more powerful, because of it.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

Is there even such a thing as a King peice? From the novel I seem to get the idea that King is just a position, the devils who are kings don't seem to have an evil peice in them, at least what effect would a King peice even have, in chess, king is the weakest peice, its never really used for anything beyond avoiding getting checkmated

Return to “High School DxD”