Campione! General Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Campione! ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 2659

ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Skills

Post by ChrisB38 »

Shawne03 wrote:Is Godu ever going to get a new athuroty, or learn magic and combat skills?
Well one thing that he is going to gain in the future is the White Blade that Circe talked about in volume 13.

The fact that Circe also said that he is going to wield them in the form of a cross, might suggest that he is going to get a dual blade combat style which has moves that put the dual blades in the form of a cross.

Apart from that, I don't think that he is going to get anything else ... apart from using and improving the abilities that he already has since conventional ways of training don't work on a person who became a Campione.
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by The First »

wouldn't the white blade be referring to the blade of salvation that godou used
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Shawne03
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shawne03 »

Why does Godo think he's normal? I haven't seen anything to back up his claims from physical ability behavior and family all are abnormal. His sister is annoying and they talk as if she's like her mom and from what I've seen and heard the females of the Kusanagi family are bad as the men.for some reason no one points this out and they sit on high horses judging the men
Last edited by Shawne03 on Mon May 19, 2014 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawne03
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shawne03 »

Kadi wrote:[The Persian Warlord] is how the Witenagemot named the Authority that Godou gained from Verethragna.
Didn't he also gain an ehanced body from the warlord something similar to Luke cage
Azyrion
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Azyrion »

The First wrote:wouldn't the white blade be referring to the blade of salvation that godou used
As far as I know the blade of salvation is Excalibur and up to now he has never wielded it. He came in contact with it when he confronted Lancelot but that was his only time.
Shawne03 wrote:Why does Godo think he's normal? I haven't seen anything to back up his claims from physical ability behavior and family all are abnormal. His sister is annoying and they talk as if she's like her mom and from what I've seen and heard the females of the Kusanagi family are bad as the men.for some reason no one points this out and they sit on high horses judging the men
His mother is not a Kusanagi by blood but married into the family. So the sister taking after her would not be referred to as a "common kusanagi woman"^^
Well among his peers he is definitely the most "normal" out of them when it comes to behavior outside fighting gods/divine beasts. He at least tries to adhere to common sense.^^

Shawne03 wrote:
Kadi wrote:[The Persian Warlord] is how the Witenagemot named the Authority that Godou gained from Verethragna.
Didn't he also gain an enhanced body from the warlord something similar to Luke cage
The enhanced body is an common characteristic of all campione. They all have enhanced toughness and regeneration abilities beyond common sense regardless of what authorities they have. But all in all their body shape is still as it was(unless under influence of an authority) and they don't gain triple the muscle mass they had XD
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Azyrion wrote:As far as I know the blade of salvation is Excalibur and up to now he has never wielded it. He came in contact with it when he confronted Lancelot but that was his only time.
read volume 15 chapter 4 part 3. also i don't mean he wielded the actual one but rather his own version of it.
Azyrion

Post by Azyrion »

The First wrote:
Azyrion wrote:As far as I know the blade of salvation is Excalibur and up to now he has never wielded it. He came in contact with it when he confronted Lancelot but that was his only time.
read volume 15 chapter 4 part 3. also i don't mean he wielded the actual one but rather his own version of it.
Ah, you mean the temporally copy by Ama no Murakumo. Well yeah she could have meant that moment. Theoretically Godou could use this again as long as he faces off the king of the end wielding the blade of salvation.
Shawne03
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shawne03 »

His mother is not a Kusanagi by blood but married into the family. So the sister taking after her would not be referred to as a "common kusanagi woman"^^

Well even if the mom is uncommon or not a Kusanagi it just means they get it from both sides and the mom is still stated as just as bad as the men of the Kusanagi. who the his sister takes after and she still has the same blood and they share alot of experiences.

Well among his peers he is definitely the most "normal" out of them when it comes to behavior outside fighting gods/divine beasts. He at least tries to adhere to common sense.^^

he barley has common sense alot of people dont and being the most normal campione doesnt make him normal
Shawne03 wrote:
Didn't he also gain an enhanced body from the warlord something similar to Luke cage
The enhanced body is an common characteristic of all campione. They all have enhanced toughness and regeneration abilities beyond common sense regardless of what authorities they have. But all in all their body shape is still as it was(unless under influence of an authority) and they don't gain triple the muscle mass they had XD[

it was stated in volume 11 ch2 that his body's vitality far surpassing humans his bones are stronger than iron or perhaps any metal alloy and his muscles fibers are so tough or dense they'll never tear (which is what made me make Luke cage comparison) along with the ability that instantly stops bleeding and dulls pain and high magic resistance. I thought all this was the undefeatable body Verethrgna gave to him, besides the magic resistance and extreme vitality I never saw it stated that all campiones had a body like his
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Does anyone have any idea who the king of the end might be?
superloner
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by superloner »

Anybody have an idea as to when the next volume is coming out?
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

superloner wrote:Anybody have an idea as to when the next volume is coming out?
No official info has been provided yet and since the author's other work Leviathan of The Covenant has it's next volume release in June ... the next of Campione probably won't be released anytime soon.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

The author got another series?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

For the information of people who keep asking when the next volume will come out:

The publisher announces volumes slightly less than two months before they are released.
Consequently at this point in time, all we know is that Campione V17 definitely won't be coming out in June or July.

Please check again at the beginning of July to see if it's included in the August release or not.
Falsus
Astral Realm

Post by Falsus »

The First wrote:Does anyone have any idea who the king of the end might be?
By the theme of the series it is most likely one of the most primal mythical figures we know off which means the Babylonian kings would be a safe bet. Gilgamesh is a possibility but he feels more like a god slayer, but then again since all Babylonian kings where also revered as gods it might be whatever. Marduk is an interesting option. He is chief god of the Babylon pantheon and is probably the one who Jahwe is based on in the old testament. I think it is a possibility because he was the one who spearheaded the offensive on Tiamat, mother of chaos, all campiones is refereed to bringers of chaos. Going back to Marduk being the one who the god of Jews and Christians is possibly based on, it says in the Talmud that God slew the female half of leviathan to be served to the righteous when the end of times came. As we now know all female serpents/earth goddesses that has been slain by the king of the end comes back as a divine ancestor, which leviathan did.

The name leviathan uses in the human form is Asherah which historically was the consort to Anu, Sumerian king of gods which makes him predate even Babylon. And since mother earth goddesses/serpents have the tendency to be subjugated by war gods makes Anu another one. Baal is a Sumerian weather god so potentially the hybrid god allied with the king of the end due to the connection between Baal and Anu already there.

Sorry for bad English, it is my second language. Also sorry if I got anything wrong in my speculations since I am only a layman in ancient religions and mythologies.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

To make it short, I'm stepping down from... Project Manager. Wasn't I Project Supervisor a year ago? Why is zzhk Supervisor? Where did Project Admin go? Why did nobody tell me?

Be that as it may, due to some differences in opinion, I'm disassociating myself from BT and stepping down from whatever my job might have been for Campione. It's been a long time since the early days, with aorii and florza doing some work and I know I'll look back on it fondly. I know zzhk will keep doing an amazing job once the next volume is out, so please don't make it needlessly hard on him, will you? I also remember some completely unnecessary quarrels ^^. Take care, people!

And with this, I lay down my banhammer... I'll miss it.

(Yes, I know that I mostly slacked off the last year. Just let me be a bit sappy at the end, will you!)
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』

Return to “Campione”