Campione! General Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Campione! ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 2659

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by Teh_ping »

Aiel wrote:I'am not living in denial ^^

I did say that you guy must had check for the case it was a fake.
Sighsz...I'll leave these two links and you guys can determine whether it's a fake...

https://chillingeffects.org/notices/11335568
https://chillingeffects.org/notices/11335314

Oh btw, look who the recipient is, then tell us whether it's a fake. Do you think TLG, who went through all this stuff over the past 5 years (since Haruhi was taken down via C&D), would not recognize a lawyer's letter?
Aiel
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aiel »

Maybe I made myself not clear (since english is not my native language), but I never doubted your word and choice.
I wanted to say you had already done your check, not that you should do it.
I Followed some Work on BT, who got liscenced and never raised a word when it was remmoved. It's your policy and I respect it, and I will never ask you do go against it.

But I still wonder what is shueisha intention with that move, is that wrong ?
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

It looks like they've been targeting anime for the past year or so and recently, they're probably just expanding the scope to cover the novels part of their intellectual property.
bazzalisk
Astral Realm

Post by bazzalisk »

I'd suspect that the fan translations have actually increased their sales. I definitely wouldn't have even known about the novels if it wasn't for the fan translations, and good memories of those are what made me buy these novels when I started learning Japanese. I certainly wouldn't have done that if I'd never been able to read translations before hand.

Here's hoping this is paving the way for some official translations.
AcOo
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by AcOo »

As someone who supports editors, I wouldn't say a word about this if Campione! was licensed in english (or in my country, but here LNs are really not popular on the markets so it'll never be). But now, I don't get Shueisha's attitude with this DMCA when at the same time the LN is only officialy available in japanese atm. It's not like we, people who can't read japanese, are harming the japanese sales, right? And I believe the primary goal of fan translations is to make the LNs get foreign editor's attention and now the chances to make it are lower.

Well maybe this DMCA is a sign that the LN will be licensed soon in english but if it's not the case, then it makes no sense to me and Campione! will sadly be dead overseas. Just a solution with a low success rate but we can try : I suggest to everyone to submit Campione! as a request on Yen Press site. Maybe it will get attention like this if we all do it.

@Zzhk : Just by curiosity, what about the chinese fan translations website? Did they get a removal request as well since this matter involves every language translations?

Apologize for any mistakes in my english~.
Last edited by AcOo on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonicfanx1
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD

Post by Sonicfanx1 »

AcOo wrote:Well maybe this DMCA is a sign that the LN will be licensed soon in english but If it's not the case, then it makes no sense to me and Campione! will sadly be dead overseas. Just a solution with a low success rate but we can try : I suggest to everyone to submit Campione! as a request on Yen Press site. Maybe it will get attention like this if we all do it.
As long as it gets released on iBooks, I'll support this...

Actually, as long as it gets an official English release THAT UPDATES FREQUENTLY, I'll be happy.
The guy that was (falsely) IP banned for 3 years and was too stupid to realize that he could appeal until July 23rd 2015.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

I'm still saving up to buy the LNs(not just campione!) but I just can't read japanese(that good).... and poke that official English translations for other LNs... I got region blocked(it's not available here, the japanese LNs are much easier to acquire here.... bookstores are not selling it, and online.... it's just way too expensive for me.).... assholes....
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<

Return to “Campione”