Campione! General Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Campione! ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 2659

Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by Kadi »

Except... StB is kinda mehhh. Kinda very mehhh. Seriously, reading it is torture for me... and at least early on, it's always the same. Protag gets his bum kicked, sucks blood from a girl, kicks bum in return. Which could be alright, if it were hidden any better. The writing isn't that good. Or the characters could save it... if only the distinct main heroine wasn't so annoying. Okay, it may not be as horrifying in anime form, but... it may very well be worse, too. Unless you like train wrecks.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

StB in a single image.
Spoiler! :
I like it though. Yukina~
luizhng wrote:Hello there, I've been watching the Strike the Blood anime and It's been bothering me for a while how similar it is to Campione (which, if I'm not mistaken begun earlier than StB). Really: The MC suddenly becames one of a few super-powered god-like beeing. His powers consists on summoning powerfull creatures. He is surrounded by beautifull girls, all of them in love with him, all of them help him fight his enemies... The japanese sure is forgiving on plagiarism.
Concept is not new. See Hidan no Aria.

If Hidan no Aria made a good transition and if it had a decent 1st season, everyone would be pointing out how HnA is getting plagiarized.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Kira0802 wrote:StB in a single image.
Spoiler! :

Concept is not new. See Hidan no Aria.

If Hidan no Aria made a good transition and if it had a decent 1st season, everyone would be pointing out how HnA is getting plagiarized.
Well... You can't really deny that such a premise is usually interesting to us as readers.

I really really liked HnA as well, but oh wells... :? Also, HnA wasn't to the point of being god-like. It was more like being a super human? :)

StB doesn't sound as interesting to me though. Don't think I will give it a shot, especially since there are so many other epic LNs around :D
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

StB, gotta at least read or watch some of it. I don't even know what it's all about
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

royaloyalz wrote: I really really liked HnA as well, but oh wells... :? Also, HnA wasn't to the point of being god-like. It was more like being a super human? :)
Both are "triggered".
Rage_Ender wrote:StB, gotta at least read or watch some of it. I don't even know what it's all about
About senpai.
Kira0802

royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Kira0802 wrote: Both are "triggered".
I get how HnA is triggered, but not so much for Campione!

Kinji doesn't like too much trouble, but he acts not because of his decision to do so, but because he triggered his HS mode, which usually changes his mindset.

Godou is usually really wishy washy, but once he makes a decision he acts on it without a shred of hesitation at all. I don't really see how it is triggered? Maybe you could elaborate your viewpoint a little more?
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kadi wrote:Except... StB is kinda mehhh. Kinda very mehhh. Seriously, reading it is torture for me... and at least early on, it's always the same. Protag gets his bum kicked, sucks blood from a girl, kicks bum in return. Which could be alright, if it were hidden any better. The writing isn't that good. Or the characters could save it... if only the distinct main heroine wasn't so annoying. Okay, it may not be as horrifying in anime form, but... it may very well be worse, too. Unless you like train wrecks.
Yeah. I do find the anime feels more like a shounen-manga adaption rather then a LN adaption. And yeah, it sounds like the author has all the subtle plot execution skill that Blade Dance's author does ("oh, she's dead... oh no she's not!" repeat times multiple >.< ).

It's also particularly focused on it's main characters, unlike Campione. If you don't like Erica much it doesn't particularly matter since (with the exception of the 'past' focused books) all the introduced girls have a pretty equatable screen-time; with StB, if you don't like Himeragi you can't escape her. Especially since she's on the cover of every novel. :?
Rage_Ender wrote:StB, gotta at least read or watch some of it. I don't even know what it's all about
It's clearly about Himeragi. Also there's apparently a male, vampire MC who wields familiars. >.>
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Neiseri
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

I'm curious about Lu and Shizuka's interaction. Hoping Lu slipped saying hints that Godou has an elder sister or at least another woman that Godou is related to.She has a knack for finding out things especially related to Godou. Their mother is in USA right? if so then I wonder if she is under surveillance . If Godou ever visit, they would panic and hide their women and girls.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Neiseri wrote:I'm curious about Lu and Shizuka's interaction. Hoping Lu slipped saying hints that Godou has an elder sister or at least another woman that Godou is related to.She has a knack for finding out things especially related to Godou. Their mother is in USA right? if so then I wonder if she is under surveillance.
Of course! As we've come to learn, the NSA has everyone under surveillance! </sarcasm> Of course given their usual real-world incompetence they'll still not realise Godou is a Campione. >.>
Neiseri wrote:If Godou ever visit, they would panic and hide their women and girls.
Honestly, I think they'd be more worried about the divine beasts and/or gods that happen to turn up in Godou's wake. <.<
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

If avoiding troublesome things, Lu Yingua should learn from Amakasu. It made me even curiouser on what happen during Lu Yingua's and Shisuka's banter. I think it's safe, Lucretia will never divulge information that might cause the end of the world. I think she is well experienced in dealing with campiones otherwise she would have lived that long. In addition she might still hold a grudge when he caused the technology level to go down. What I worry about is if Alec made the miscalculation of using Doni in the search although that also is slim since he consider Doni as unpredictable. Aside from Doni, Voban might seek the king of end due to boredom.

Whenever a famous landmark was mentioned, I can't help to think it would be a rubble later.

I wonder if Artio became a divine ancestor.

2? oh, gods ....cradle to the grave...no ...beyond/transcend if you include the glass princess and godesses. If she would be sent to japan or just picts with her then she could be mistaken as his offspring . What would be the girls' reactions ?
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

I am just curious, but these things that you guys are discussing, is it from the latest chapter?

Or was it from a volume before?
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

royaloyalz wrote:I am just curious, but these things that you guys are discussing, is it from the latest chapter?

Or was it from a volume before?
I am talking about the latest addition speaking of which I am speechless. If the other hear of this then.....By that, should at least Mariya sense this is happening, Liliana also. Just think what would happen if he is drunk.

Good thing I am reading this in private. My current facial expression is that of a proverbial cat that ate the proverbial canary. Similar to my avatar.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Neiseri wrote:2? oh, gods ....cradle to the grave...no ...beyond/transcend if you include the glass princess and godesses. If she would be sent to japan or just picts with her then she could be mistaken as his offspring . What would be the girls' reactions ?
Neiseri wrote:Good thing I am reading this in private. My current facial expression is that of a proverbial cat that ate the proverbial canary. Similar to my avatar.
Poor Godou. He can't win; can't break even; and can't even quit the game. :?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

royaloyalz wrote:I don't really see how it is triggered? Maybe you could elaborate your viewpoint a little more?
Youth and information transmission are done via kisses. Stuff like that happen to be triggers, or to put in another way, recurrent necessary actions.
Kira0802

royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Kira0802 wrote: Youth and information transmission are done via kisses. Stuff like that happen to be triggers, or to put in another way, recurrent necessary actions.
Ah I see what you meant by triggers now.

That's quite the interpretation. I was looking at the literal actions between the 2 LNs.

Return to “Campione”