Campione! General Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Campione! ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 2659

MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by MyGawd »

is it me or Godou look a like a bit different on v16 cover or is that another character all together
Empire's Strongest
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

MyGawd wrote:is it me or Godou look a like a bit different on v16 cover or is that another character all together
New art style. I'd actually say "new artist", but amazon lists the same one as the previous volume. (Then again, it just lists him as the interior artist rather then the cover+interior like other volumes?)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Wuoghh can't wait for the release.... hope someone gives the cover quickly, can't wait to see it.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Rage_Ender wrote:Wuoghh can't wait for the release.... hope someone gives the cover quickly, can't wait to see it.
You can see the cover in the first post of the volume 16 thread: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8797
DrJabba
Astral Realm

Post by DrJabba »

I was wondering if someone can give me a direct timeline to when the volumes and side stories took place, in order? This would be very helpful since I will need to re-read the whole novel again due to having forget about 75% of what happened throughout the series (haven't read it since the summer, busy with other novels). Thank you for assisting me! :mrgreen:
victorrama
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Too many to list, just ask

Post by victorrama »

Just read 3 then 8 then read it in order from 1 until the end. the short stories are already in chronological at the wiki.
All hail Zzhk !
Just a passing by translator, editor, typesetter, writer, meeper.

Translating : The Maso's TL project
and also other series.

“The mind, at times, takes masochistic delight in suffering.” ― Saurbh Katyal, Seduced by Murder
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

DrJabba wrote:I was wondering if someone can give me a direct timeline to when the volumes and side stories took place, in order? This would be very helpful since I will need to re-read the whole novel again due to having forget about 75% of what happened throughout the series (haven't read it since the summer, busy with other novels). Thank you for assisting me! :mrgreen:
the volumes and the side stories are arrange to chronologically order but story wise v2 and v11 are flash back.
Empire's Strongest
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

victorrama wrote:Just read 3 then 8 then read it in order from 1 until the end. the short stories are already in chronological at the wiki.
Wrong.
MyGawd wrote:the volumes and the side stories are arrange to chronologically order but story wise v2 and v11 are flash back.
Also wrong; but in the other way around.

The two volumes which contain flashbacks, are the ones entitled "Tale of the Beginning" and "The Second Tale", v3 and v11. They are designed to be read after v2 and before v4, and after v10 and before v12, respectively; because the author wrote them that way. And you'll probably be spoiled and have problems working out what the heck is going on in the non-flashback bits, or with characters that aren't 'introduced' but expected to be known because they were introduced in future-time/past-volumes.

The only volume that can be read 'out of order' is v8, which is a collection of short stories that the author presumably recommends you leave reading until after v7 and probably before v9. However! If you read the afterword of v8, it will tell you which volumes each story is set after, because that story was written and published in a magazine presumably after that volume was released.

"Chronological order" questions get tiring after a while. I'm starting to think we just should setup a pinned topic with the answer. :|
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

*reads v16 ch1*
*story sounds familiar*
*looks up text snippet*
*found in br ss 1*

Thought I dreamt of the future for a while there.
If I kept up w the short stories, is there anything new I can read in v16?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

acolyte wrote:*reads v16 ch1*
*story sounds familiar*
*looks up text snippet*
*found in br ss 1*

Thought I dreamt of the future for a while there.
If I kept up w the short stories, is there anything new I can read in v16?
The last chapter? (~90 pages.)
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by royaloyalz »

Well, I'm honestly a little sad that it is going to be a release of short stories, but at least the last chapter will be something new.

That said, I hope that this ease off the author's burden on writing will allow him to release the next one relatively sooner as well.

I just can't wait for the next volume. Godou's growth as a Campione is becoming more and more interesting to see, especially after his recent skirmishes in Volume 15 :lol:
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
luizhng
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by luizhng »

Hello there, I've been watching the Strike the Blood anime and It's been bothering me for a while how similar it is to Campione (which, if I'm not mistaken begun earlier than StB). Really: The MC suddenly becames one of a few super-powered god-like beeing. His powers consists on summoning powerfull creatures. He is surrounded by beautifull girls, all of them in love with him, all of them help him fight his enemies... The japanese sure is forgiving on plagiarism.
Neiseri
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

luizhng wrote:Hello there, I've been watching the Strike the Blood anime and It's been bothering me for a while how similar it is to Campione (which, if I'm not mistaken begun earlier than StB). Really: The MC suddenly becames one of a few super-powered god-like beeing. His powers consists on summoning powerful creatures. He is surrounded by beautifull girls, all of them in love with him, all of them help him fight his enemies... The japanese sure is forgiving on plagiarism.
stb MC is a push over though, at least Godou have youth incarnation where he could show his being an alpha.

Nothing is original though, from character type to plot itself. I can think think of some that is similar to campione where mc became one of the powerful overnight, awaken or acquired from outside source . Suikoden series is an example. The true runes are considered gods/devils and ordinary runes are just mediocre copy of the true runes. There is another one where he became the student council president the council comprise of 10 most powerful students. He became an alpha wolf (he grew a wolf tail) and changes his personality.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Maybe I 'll watch stb
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Rage_Ender wrote:Maybe I 'll watch stb
I recommend it. It's almost nothing like Campione, and unlike Campione the anime version is almost straight from the novels it seems. It certainly doesn't have an anime-original ending anyway; the main plot was concluded this week, and the final two episodes look to be taken from a short-story.

Return to “Campione”