Campione! General Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Campione! ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 2659

zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! General Discussion

Post by zzhk »

Confirmation should appear in January.
Title and synopsis, probably early February.
Vazkro
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vazkro »

Could anyone tell me if there is a special prologue to campione that happened before volume 1?
It just feels odd to have the story start off after having beaten both a god and a campione already.
And I would just love some backstory of how the protagonist met Erica.
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

If you want to know how they met, read volume 3 (tale of the beginning) & 11 (second tale).
Vazkro
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vazkro »

Ulrick wrote:If you want to know how they met, read volume 3 (tale of the beginning) & 11 (second tale).
Thank you very much, I've just finished reading the first volume and I must say it was a lot more awesome than the anime ( which I already enjoyed ).
For that reason I really wanted to know the light novel version of how they met compared to the anime version, mainly because light novels go way more into thoughts and feelings.
So cheers for the quick reply!
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

I was on the forum, at the good time. That's all. And i hope you will enjoy reading Campione!.
Kadzu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kadzu »

Vazkro wrote:Could anyone tell me if there is a special prologue to campione that happened before volume 1?
It just feels odd to have the story start off after having beaten both a god and a campione already.
Volume 3 - Tale of the Beginning ---> Volume 11 - The Second Tale ----> Read the rest in order.
Volume 3 is about how Godou met Erica and killed a God,Volume 11 is a continuation from volume 3 so I advise you reading Volume 11 after reading Volume 3.
\
Vazkro
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vazkro »

Kadzu wrote:
Vazkro wrote:Could anyone tell me if there is a special prologue to campione that happened before volume 1?
Volume 3 - Tale of the Beginning ---> Volume 11 - The Second Tale ----> Read the rest in order.
Volume 3 is about how Godou met Erica and killed a God,Volume 11 is a continuation from volume 3 so I advise you reading Volume 11 after reading Volume 3.

Cheers mate,
I've just read volume 3 and now I am even more curious how Erica turned from a girl that was blushing after giving a kiss on the cheek to the insanely affectionate person she is now :D
I guess volume 11 is the answer so here I come!
Neiseri
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

What if some people established a cult of Godou and their descendants waited for his return to the present? How about if it's Doni.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

A replicate god would be made, and they need to battle them when they've gone heretic
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
uberchar
Astral Realm

Post by uberchar »

I think someone should add chronological reading order and volume order since the same questions keep getting asked.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I more or less planned to do it for Campione, with two different versions: a complete one with spoilers, another without them.

But it'll have to wait a bit...
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

The volumes are meant to be read in publication order. Simple as that.
The short stories are already positioned where they occur chronologically, relative to the volumes.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

zzhk wrote:The volumes are meant to be read in publication order. Simple as that.
Yeah, it's not possible to read, say, v3 first, because it's prologue/epilogue chronologically happen after v2. It's only the flashback in between that happens before v1.

Of course, you could read the 'main chapters' of v3, and then read v1, v2, and v3-prologue+epilogue then v4. but that would be wrong as well, since the chapters between assume you know the contents of what has happened in v1/v2 (or at least maybe not with v3, but the v11 certainly doesn't explain a lot of 'unobvious' stuff that you would know if you'd read the previous 10 volumes...).

Maybe v8, the short story volume... but again, same problems with 'unstated assumptions about characters' as v11. :? Plus the stories that matter chronologically give you context where they're set, so... no point either IMO.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

I would like to show there is something going on here. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ndoning.3F

Could someone to explain thing carefully?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Ulrick wrote:I would like to show there is something going on here. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ndoning.3F

Could someone to explain thing carefully?
Someone's confused Campione! with Zero no Tsukaima?
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960

Return to “Campione”