Campione Anime

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione Anime

Post by denormative »

draganneo888 wrote:I mean by progress and character development. Sorry if this causes some misunderstanding. DxD first season only covers 2 volumes, meanwhile Campione! already covers 5 volumes in total
Technically speaking, no. The DxD anime covers parts of at least four of the volumes (1, 2, 3 and 8 ) but mostly focuses on volumes one and two which get five episodes each, IIRC (and as we're probably all complaining about the Campione anime only covers parts of the first five LNs, as much as it needs to tell the story and not a paragraph more). I don't think you could drag either volume one or two of the Campione LNs out into five episodes though.

I don't know why they're specifically wanting to end on the end of the Ena volume though. If they were wanting to do approximately 3 episodes a novel they could end with the battle vs Perseus, though I'm not sure if that's really a dramatic enough fight coming after Vorban. If they were wanting to dedicate four episodes a novel (which I think is probably too much for the contents of the first three volumes, there really isn't that much there...) if they left the 3rd novel coming 1st you could end on the dramatic Vorban fight, which would be really rather dramatically appropriate (even if I do personally dislike that arc >.< ).

In any event, there's nothing that can be done. :P
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
draganneo888
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by draganneo888 »

so, the conclusion ?? :shock:
this is getting me a headache somehow
well, let's wait for 3 weeks to find the answer~
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

In conclusion, writing and directing for Campi suck and covering less or even more volumes wouldn't change a thing. We should enjoy the music until we tire of it and Erica's battles(TM) because they're actually decent and be done with it.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
draganneo888
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by draganneo888 »

hoho, indeed, anyway, anyone know the name of the song used in trailer ?? and also the one when he summons the Stallion ??
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

draganneo888 wrote:hoho, indeed, anyway, anyone know the name of the song used in trailer ?? and also the one when he summons the Stallion ??
I don't think anyone knows the name of it. But it should be on this cd when it comes out on the 10th of the October: http://www.amazon.co.jp/TV%E3%82%A2%E3% ... 008&sr=1-4
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

draganneo888 wrote:if only they make this anime like Highschool DxD, it will be much better though~. Just like many other complaints, the story is too rushed and it becomes a great flaw. And now it is only 10 % that it will be double season.... :(
Hell no. It is quite fortunate for me that it isn't like DxD. So many girls jumping on Issei again n again esp. with their boobs :roll: I lost interest in it. This is much better.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well DxD s definitely inferior to Campione (sorry fans of DxD) already as a novel, so it isn´t such a surprise that the anime doesen´t exceed it too.
Well today I watched episode 9 and the think that really caught my ears was, that there wasn´t the additional part in the second promis with Athena, which completely destroyed the meaning of all what happend between first and second meeting of Godou and Athena (btw was it only I or did it really look like Athena is trying to violate Lily instead of killing her?).
Well but recently I started to think a little bit better of the anime. It has good music, really excelent animation and is based on superb novel (my most favourite), so even if it uses only about 30% of potential of the original with all the other factors it still could be much, much worse.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

KaprJarda wrote:Well but recently I started to think a little bit better of the anime. It has good music, really excelent animation and is based on superb novel (my most favourite), so even if it uses only about 30% of potential of the original with all the other factors it still could be much, much worse.
It's still a disappointment, right? Rushing 5 volumes in 12 episodes is often a bad idea.
Campione could have been great if the anime wasn't changing the story, from what I heard.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

KaprJarda wrote:Well today I watched episode 9 and the think that really caught my ears was, that there wasn´t the additional part in the second promis with Athena, which completely destroyed the meaning of all what happend between first and second meeting of Godou and Athena (btw was it only I or did it really look like Athena is trying to violate Lily instead of killing her?).
The promise is there, but it's one-sidedly decided by Athena as she leaves and Godou didn't get to state his condition that his surroundings must be unaffected.
Misogi wrote:It's still a disappointment, right? Rushing 5 volumes in 12 episodes is often a bad idea.
Campione could have been great if the anime wasn't changing the story, from what I heard.
Yes, it with proper writing, directing and budget, it could have been AWESOME. It's just... there were so many points to screw up.
Take the Golden Sword. It requires lots of speaking on Godou's part which you can't really remove. That invites to make him and his opponent scream at each other and solve it in one attack with the same outcome as in the novels. It's easy to animate and saves budget... but it's also poking boring to watch. If Godou and his opponent of choice were engaged in some quickly changing melee, it can work in spite of the huge amount of text, but... it's too expensive. Done well, this could look a bit like Shirou and Archer's duel in the Unlimited Blade Works movie, I guess?
Take the other exposition. We have a world with tons of mechanics that can be explained. Finding ways to do that without dialogue where possible and smartly where it has to be said out loud is another hurdle that anime lately barely overcomes. Campi's second episode with the info-dump on the Committee is guilty here. It. Sucks. Then again, some shows like SAO do worse but that won't save Campi.
These are the main reasons why I wasn't that excited when they first announced the animation. If I tried, I could probably come up with some more points. Well, I have to admit they did get me with the staff&cast announcement and it got a bit worse from then on, but in the end, my initial fear came true, I guess.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

Can't....stop watching ep 9 just for Lily scene LOL I'm satisfied this week because they put some effort onto my favourite character
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

The promise is there, but it's one-sidedly decided by Athena as she leaves and Godou didn't get to state his condition that his surroundings must be unaffected.
Yeas I meant it exactly like this. The additional part is about his surrounding (well and Llily deffinitely didn´t explain why is it bad idead to make such promis even for Campione, so you could still have the feeling that he can eaily break it).
And the propability of season two got even smaller, because they missed out the part of the strongest steel in the Pandoras speech (so it would get much more poblematic just to introduce the monkey not even speaking of other developement).
maxsense
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by maxsense »

most anime that adaptive from light novel really did not folow the story line. they cut too many story so if we already read the novel i think we will be disappointed by the anime.. ithink anime adaptation from manga is better it follow the sotry like rurouni kenshin .. ireally hope light novel adaptation can cover the entire light novel story too.

it should be 4 episode per volume
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well now I am disappointed. Episode 10 is lame. I was unfortunatelly expecting some interesting action but... lets not go too deep into the many things which are different from the novel, but why the hell did the pillar look like a toothpick (he didn´t really have any problems taking it) and why the hell did it all seem so lame? Most of all the kissing scene was rather short and shallow (such a pitty) and instead of fighting they were always only standing and chatting. Not even to speak about the part with liliana being manipulated by Perseus and then so easily escaping him, it looked like:"Oh, you called me? I just wasn´t paying too much affection, well I was meant to escape him, so it isn´t problem, lets continue with the fight". Well so just to sum up things from this episode: Lame and disappointing.
dim1
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dim1 »

Well there is hope it might be 24 episodes long and not 13, I haven''t found any site giving an exact count so we may get to see the Monkey King.
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

Ep 10 wasn't bad the fight was somewhat disappointing because I really wanted to see more of the camel in action.

Really loved the kiss scene with Lily it was quite long and intense ^-^ along with him holding her while chanting the words it reminded me of Vol9 cover page. Athena giving Godou a second kiss after looking at Lily crying lol that just made my day.

Now I feel motivated to work on my PDF after a bad week at school xD

Return to “Campione”