Campione Anime

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione Anime

Post by Krozam »

florza wrote:I remember being really embarrassed trying to translate that ridiculously long kiss scene.

Full of explanations + kissing = severe mental block. Sentences being extremely long, additionally it was also the longest part in the entire V4... that was quite the experience.
Well, you didn't do bad at all. It was a good read, that scene.

Godou can't store knowledge gained through Instruction for long in the novels either. But I'm sure he can hold on to it for a little while even in the anime. I just hope they don't f*ck it up as bad as the Yuri kiss in the latest episode, placing it into the middle of the fight. >.<
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

The limit of Godou storing the knowledge gained through kissing at the longest is one day, but in the anime it seems that he can't really store it for long.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chancs »

lchigo93 wrote:The limit of Godou storing the knowledge gained through kissing at the longest is one day, but in the anime it seems that he can't really store it for long.
Yup...in the novel it is mentioned that he can store the knowledge for only a day
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

I said he "couldn't" store it in the anime because so far, he has only ever entered that parallel world along with a kiss... even in Ep 1 when, as we know, the kiss wasn't necessary. I take that as an indicator it will always be like that.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

Kadi wrote:I said he "couldn't" store it in the anime because so far, he has only ever entered that parallel world along with a kiss... even in Ep 1 when, as we know, the kiss wasn't necessary. I take that as an indicator it will always be like that.
Ah yes Kadi is right he needs knowledge on the spot to enter the golden sword parallel world. His able to pull out the Golden sword alone with the unfinished knowledge he had gain which was shown in Ep 3-4 in the park then where he needed Eria to give him the on-spot kiss to activate the golden sworld parallel world.

It'll probably end up similar to what Erica and Godou did in the park where Lily will swear to be his Knight he becomes her King and a intense kiss scene with 90% knowledge transferred over then the last remaining knowledge kiss scene would be short be at the beginning of the battle with Perseus which activates the golden sword parallel world.

Haha I'm more interested in the kissing scenes then the battle itself >.<"
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

breaker123 wrote:
Kadi wrote:I said he "couldn't" store it in the anime because so far, he has only ever entered that parallel world along with a kiss... even in Ep 1 when, as we know, the kiss wasn't necessary. I take that as an indicator it will always be like that.
Ah yes Kadi is right he needs knowledge on the spot to enter the golden sword parallel world. His able to pull out the Golden sword alone with the unfinished knowledge he had gain which was shown in Ep 3-4 in the park then where he needed Eria to give him the on-spot kiss to activate the golden sworld parallel world.

It'll probably end up similar to what Erica and Godou did in the park where Lily will swear to be his Knight he becomes her King and a intense kiss scene with 90% knowledge transferred over then the last remaining knowledge kiss scene would be short be at the beginning of the battle with Perseus which activates the golden sword parallel world.

Haha I'm more interested in the kissing scenes then the battle itself >.<"
By last remaining knowledge, do you mean that the knowledge can be given in parts?

This is indeed confusing me :roll: but hell...for me the fighting scenes are much more important than kissing scenes.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

I disagree. You can find decent enough fight scenes in almost any anime adaption of a manga/light novel. This one is the only one with decent kissing scenes. :P (Actually, I can't think of one off the top of my head that has any "serious" kissing scenes in it... maybe Kanokon? Though that's more T&A fanservice...)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

Kissing is really a bit of a taboo left mostly to the hentai side. Happen a little more in manga than anime, but not that often there either. If it happens, it's usually a big climax, nothing as casual as in Campione. There are always exceptions, but you really do get the impression that a kiss is a much bigger deal in Japan than in the West. Well, times are changing and I've noticed that it's a lot more common in recent anime/manga than older ones.

Since we're comparing Campione to other anime, how many adaptations (VN, LN or manga > anime) do you know that messed up as badly or worse than Campione so far? For me, the only one I can think of that I've seen is Love Hina. Heard of others, like Rosario+Vampire, but since I heard of them early enough, I never touched them. :roll: Kanokon and Daimaou might be, but I haven't read the originals, so can't say for sure. Just comparing Kanokon to the manga adaptation it seems really bad, and Daimaou, while it has some awesome moments, seems at least as rushed as Campione.
"Can I say something real quick? You probably shouldn't call me ma'am, since, you know, I'm only 24... and we're married." - Anastasia in the MARRY ME webcomic
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and, in my opinion, Hatenkou Yuugi are way worse.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Krozam
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Krozam »

I liked Hatenkou Yuugi. :/ Certainly, it has a lot of faults, but it was entertaining and, much like Campione, conceptually very much up my alley. Guess I should check out the manga if it's that much better...
Mokata
Astral Realm

Post by Mokata »

Typical feelings after reading the book before watching the show. Which is the book is always better. The first episode was enjoyable but the plot was cut poorly. It could of been so much more given more episodes or a least one more. There is a lot flaws but I love the story to much to care therefore I am basis in my opinion when I say it's great.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Lols, you think that the kissing scene in vol4 is embarrassing? Wait till you get to vol 9 for the one with Ena, that's even more intensive. Kissing scenes get better as ye series progress.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

わたし、単純だもんね!

I'm too pure to translate those kinds of scenes :( converting the words from JP to ENG is kind of like writing it - its hard to put in words,you'll have to go through it to understand.
Noire
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Noire »

lchigo93 wrote:Lols, you think that the kissing scene in vol4 is embarrassing? Wait till you get to vol 9 for the one with Ena, that's even more intensive. Kissing scenes get better as ye series progress.
Wow really looking forward to that :P

@chancs

By last remaining knowledge I sort of mean like when they didn't finish off all the knowledge transfer since Godou always seems to resist lol and doesn't get all the knowledge needed so they had to do the kiss again in the beginning of the battle to gather all the needed knowledge they left off on the first kiss etc which you see in the Athena arc park = transfer but interrupted then another kiss to use the golden sword parallel world. I'm not good at explaining sorry if I confused ya xD
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Krozam wrote:Since we're comparing Campione to other anime, how many adaptations (VN, LN or manga > anime) do you know that messed up as badly or worse than Campione so far? For me, the only one I can think of that I've seen is Love Hina. Heard of others, like Rosario+Vampire, but since I heard of them early enough, I never touched them. :roll: Kanokon and Daimaou might be, but I haven't read the originals, so can't say for sure. Just comparing Kanokon to the manga adaptation it seems really bad, and Daimaou, while it has some awesome moments, seems at least as rushed as Campione.
Kure-nai anime was aweful in terms of animation and art.
Hidan no Aria has been done poorly.
Hyakka Ryouran went into the original anime series mode, so I can't really count it as bad.
And Itsuten...oh, Itsuten, never throughout that I could've dropped a LN adaptation after an episode or two.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Campione”