Campione! Latest Plot Discussion

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

sun knight
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Campione! Latest Plot Discussion (Up to V10)

Post by sun knight »

sun knight wrote:why does it sound like you are saying that my suspicions are true. If the new girl truly is lancelot and even more fall for our hero then i can only see him geting royal ass kicking by his other love struck godes our beloved Athena not to mention other girl astonished reactions
Lilian - He truly is my master unavare lady killer
Erica - Goudo i dindn't aprrove of any new lovers
Yuri - Sh-sh-sh-shamelase too shamelase
Ena - I dont even know what to say
about Yuri i forgot to menshion that after "too shamelase" she would muter to her self something like even i want that kind of action with Goudo of course blushing like hell.
“Even in the Face of Death, One Must Die Gracefully”
SXIII
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

applemania wrote:Horee it proven
the new girl is Lancelot not Arthur~

hooray~ she is not Arthur. Personally i hate arthur being feminized..... (in fate stay night)
Since i am not really like lancelot, i still feel sad he is being feminized.
Actually its more like a female god of passion and madness being masculinized. It's more due to the influence of arthurian legends spread by that divine ancestor that she is percieved as male.

Note: This is a work of fiction so author is free to use and abuse myths and legends as much as he likes.
sun knight
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sun knight »

SXIII wrote:Actually its more like a female god of passion and madness being masculinized. It's more due to the influence of arthurian legends spread by that divine ancestor that she is percieved as male.

Note: This is a work of fiction so author is free to use and abuse myths and legends as much as he likes.
So wait The knight of the Lake is actualy a Lady of the Lake? Bacause if that is true than Goudo would be the first Campione to ever get killed in love dispute over him by two or posibly even more godeses (who know how many godeses there is to come his way).
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

sun knight wrote:
SXIII wrote:Actually its more like a female god of passion and madness being masculinized. It's more due to the influence of arthurian legends spread by that divine ancestor that she is percieved as male.

So wait The knight of the Lake is actualy a Lady of the Lake? Bacause if that is true than Goudo would be the first Campione to ever get killed in love dispute over him by two or posibly even more godeses (who know how many godeses there is to come his way).
Here's a question for you: Have you even read the novel up to volume 10 chapter 5?
The way you're asking this is like you haven't as this has mostly been directly and/or indirectly answered in the novel (and if you stopped reading at v8, you can easily skip ch 1-2 as those are side stories that you can return to later without losing almost anything of the story).

P.s.: Its Godou not ''Goudo''.
sun knight
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sun knight »

no i havent read volume 10 at all because i usualy wait till all wolume are translated and only then read it because i can't stand to wait at clifhangers witch usualy hapens when i read incompleatly translated volumes so please don't be mad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: And thx for the corection
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Don´t worry there is no cliffhanger, it is just side story with only one slight reference in later chapter (which you won´t need to know). Just continue reading.
About it being solved... I wouldn´t say it is so. There will be deffinitely continuation of the thing, that was interupted (I don´t want to put there spoilers for the ones still reading V8, but you should know what I am speaking about).

Btw. who said there won´t be Arthuria? Well it wouldn´t be exactly consistent with the current developement and memories of Guinevere (which I deffinitely wrote wrongly) and Lancelot, but since one´s memories are in complete mess and the second one deffinitely doesen´t care about such minor things there shouldn´t be so much of problem :) (though it is unpropable).
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

Anyone else researched about Sarmatia after reading this? By doing so I kinda understand why the author chose a female Lancelot.

So the king of end is like Godou in attracting women...
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Neiseri wrote:Anyone else researched about Sarmatia after reading this? By doing so I kinda understand why the author chose a female Lancelot.
Kind sad that 'research' has devolved to the level of "google+wikipedia" nowdays, but...
Spoiler! :
Archaeological evidence suggests that Scythian-Sarmatian cultures may have given rise to the myth of Amazons. Graves of armed females have been found in southern Ukraine and Russia. David Anthony notes, "About 20% of Scythian-Sarmatian "warrior graves" on the lower Don and lower Volga contained females dressed for battle as if they were men, a phenomenon that probably inspired the Greek tales about the Amazons."
Anyway, his logic is very consistant with his previous associations too. Honestly my first guess was some association with Valkyrie's given the flying horse, and then the braided hair, but this works as well. :P
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
sun knight
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sun knight »

Zuruumi wrote:Don´t worry there is no cliffhanger, it is just side story with only one slight reference in later chapter (which you won´t need to know). Just continue reading.
About it being solved... I wouldn´t say it is so. There will be deffinitely continuation of the thing, that was interupted (I don´t want to put there spoilers for the ones still reading V8, but you should know what I am speaking about).

Btw. who said there won´t be Arthuria? Well it wouldn´t be exactly consistent with the current developement and memories of Guinevere (which I deffinitely wrote wrongly) and Lancelot, but since one´s memories are in complete mess and the second one deffinitely doesen´t care about such minor things there shouldn´t be so much of problem :) (though it is unpropable).
no you didn't understand me i was refering to volume 10 not volume 8 i have more or less accepted the fact that Kadi is uploding wery wery wery slowli so volume 8 is not a problem due to my reading habits i compleate light novels with speed 2 volumes per day so it's annoying to read to some place and then drool all over my keybord waithing for chapter upload. i have enought drooling with Kadis 2 chapters if will start to read volume 10 then even our god speed translators wont be able to upload fast enought so i better try to wait till full volume translation than drool my keybord more than necesary. So please don't get angry with my bliss full comments and questions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

denormative wrote:
Neiseri wrote:Anyone else researched about Sarmatia after reading this? By doing so I kinda understand why the author chose a female Lancelot.
Kind sad that 'research' has devolved to the level of "google+wikipedia" nowdays, but...
Spoiler! :
Archaeological evidence suggests that Scythian-Sarmatian cultures may have given rise to the myth of Amazons. Graves of armed females have been found in southern Ukraine and Russia. David Anthony notes, "About 20% of Scythian-Sarmatian "warrior graves" on the lower Don and lower Volga contained females dressed for battle as if they were men, a phenomenon that probably inspired the Greek tales about the Amazons."
Anyway, his logic is very consistant with his previous associations too. Honestly my first guess was some association with Valkyrie's given the flying horse, and then the braided hair, but this works as well. :P

I used to research at the local library back when internet are not widespread.Nowadays, I only go there to read newspaper and novels.

I forgot to add, kinda relieved that is is a female since the way to effect a campione is a kiss.You know what I mean.

How long the effect of the spell I wonder, when it fade, Godou will be like a person who is on a diet who had eaten a sweet pie.
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

Neiseri wrote:
How long the effect of the spell I wonder, when it fade, Godou will be like a person who is on a diet who had eaten a sweet pie.
More like a husband found in bed with another woman being lectured and punished by his hard forgiving wife :lol:
The spell effect is probably not time but condition based. Once conditions are fulfilled the spell is lifted.
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

Wow, how do you know that? I haven't seen it being broken yet... for all I know, it can last forever!

Nothing about untranslated material, please. I know it's difficult sometimes, I have at least touched the border once myself, but let's try anyway. Discussing and sharing while "flying blind" is the whole point of this thread anyway
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Lighthalzen
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Lighthalzen »

I'm just surprised Godou didn't order a make-out session with Guinevere to learn everything she knows about Gascoigne. (That would cause an interesting public display)
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

Kadi wrote:Wow, how do you know that? I haven't seen it being broken yet... for all I know, it can last forever!

Nothing about untranslated material, please. I know it's difficult sometimes, I have at least touched the border once myself, but let's try anyway. Discussing and sharing while "flying blind" is thepe whole point of this thread anyway
Uh .. I let myself a bit carried away (though that was actually just a speculation on my part as I don't understand a word of japanese or chinese to read ahead of translations).

It can be a bit scary how logical deduction and educated guessing can appear to be more spoilerish that actual spoilers :!:

Spoiler! :
How did I deduce that? Given Lancelot's personality and the fact that this magic works more like a hypnotic suggestion than body altering/damaging spell, it is logical to assume that it will work that way. After all there is/was no need for the spell to last after their battle (if Godou dies the spell is meaningless and if Lancelot dies the spell either vanishes with the user or is made to dissapear to reward the victor.
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

In that case I apologize. Reading it again, I now see the "probably". ...wait, didn't I now make it a proper spoiler by confirming it? ... *harakiri*
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』

Return to “Campione”