Meiyaku no Leviathan (The Leviathan of the Covenant)

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you want to see this get translated

I want to translate this
3%
Yes
93%
Maybe
3%
No
1%

Total votes: 95

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Meiyaku No Rivaiasan (The Leviathan of the Covenant)

Post by larethian »

Code-Zero wrote:There are actually 23 people who wants to translate this? Then we may see this being translated in the near future.
Kadi wrote:I doubt many of them were serious about it...
I think English is not their native language :lol:
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

larethian wrote:
Code-Zero wrote:There are actually 23 people who wants to translate this? Then we may see this being translated in the near future.
Kadi wrote:I doubt many of them were serious about it...
I think English is not their native language :lol:
Actualy, I think the most of people who vote in the first option, don't took even a look in what was write one the first option, from 37 people if even 10 vote for serious is a lot, I think that people think something like "Ah, I'll vote for the first option to see they translating" or "Ah, right I'll vote!(Clicks on the first option). Done!" you don't need to pay attention to see that in both cases people even take a look on the options...

And also, some of the people can not have a good english to translate it to english...

Oh boy, I wrote so much... My head is dizzy :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Call me Nurin!

chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Nura rihan wrote: Actualy, I think the most of people who vote in the first option, don't took even a look in what was write one the first option, from 37 people if even 10 vote for serious is a lot, I think that people think something like "Ah, I'll vote for the first option to see they translating" or "Ah, right I'll vote!(Clicks on the first option). Done!" you don't need to pay attention to see that in both cases people even take a look on the options...

And also, some of the people can not have a good english to translate it to english...

Oh boy, I wrote so much... My head is dizzy :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
There are O.o 37 who want to translate this. We should have inserted a sub-option stating the name of the desired.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

You people are developing into better trolls than I am right now... I APPROVE!
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

KuroiHikari wrote:Make the first two like this. 'Cuz people just see the yes and stop reading...

Code: Select all

I want to translate this
Yes
Note that if you change the no of options, the votes will be reset.
Done
Kadi wrote:You people are developing into better trolls than I am right now... I APPROVE!
Done.

Now, I will be taking my leave......
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

This already has a manga adaptation so that was fast :) .
And just like the LN illustration, the manga illustration is also good.
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

I would just like to state for the record hazumi <3 is the cutest thing ever and she's mine.

Carry on.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

hayashi_s wrote:I would just like to state for the record hazumi <3 is the cutest thing ever and she's mine.

Carry on.
Sure. Im keeping Hinokaguchi. :)
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Mehhh, I thought I had already called dibs on Hi-tan and Yukikaze... *shikushiku*

I think I had found concept art for manga-Hazumi somewhere... let's see...

Edit: Here
Spoiler! :
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

>.>

<.<

saved.

(goddammit hazumi why are you so cute. >.<)
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Kadi wrote:~60% of V1C1P1, for everyone's enjoyment (or not-enjoyment if it's not your thing):

It's wiki-formatted a bit, but don't put it on the wiki just for this. I may continue working on it some day, but no promises. I don't guarantee 100% accuracy or beauty, but I think I got the gist of it.
So we wont get a new teaser project? Wow thats sad... :cry:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Meiyaku No Rivaiasan (The Leviathan of the Covenant)+teaser)

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Meiyaku No Rivaiasan (The Leviathan of the Covenant).
Please tell us what you think of it.
Code-Zero wrote: Prologue:
Spoiler! :
Prologue
The oldest memory Hal, also known as Haruga Haruomi, was about “Dragon”.
The soaring Dragon.
The head, torso, and the legs are like that of reptiles.
Its tail was a snake. Its wings which were expanded out were like that of a bat. The colours of its scales were steel.
It was flying in the blue sky by spreading its enormous wings. It was six or seven meters tall. For a smaller species for its kind, it was supposed to be an average size.
---That was the first memory engraved in the mind and soul of the young Hal.
It was one of his few memories he has when he was very young. But besides Hal there were supposed to be many young boys and girls with similar memories.
It has been more than twenty years since the Dragons have returned.
For the generations born after that, Dragons are impressive kind of creatures despite not being rare.

Even so, it is certain that Hal has been spending his life being affiliated with this super creatures.
When he was a child, he often played with his father’s computer.
Behind his father who was reading certain texts while being piled under mountain of books with dusts covering them, Hal was playing with the computer. He was spending his time by observing videos on video sites.
The videos his father saved under favourites were all related to Dragons.
[The Day Dragons Returned], the scenery of the Dragons flying in the sky of the whole world after the Dragon-tribe awakened from their sleep from the deep sea where humans hasn’t reached yet.
[Dragon strikes, the first time], the decisive actions the Dragons which have returned did by attacking each nation from the sky.
What made it official was the [Red Dragon HANNIBAL comes!]. The live video of the dragon which flew to the Rockefeller Centre in New York called itself “The King of Dragon-tribes”, and spoke in perfect English about the suggestion for the “The law for the Dragon-tribe and Human of the Earth to coexist”.
He has been living the whole time while being surrounded by information like that.
Though, the videos the young Hal watched often were mainly Japanese anime and drama.
His father often travelled in various parts of the world. Because he tagged along by travelling around different countries, the access to internet was one of the few connections he had with his homeland, Japan.
Hal’s nickname came out naturally around this time.
His name which is a old-style Japanese name which is quite rare for the current generation, “Haruga Haruomi”.
There were basically no foreigners who could pronounce his name properly, so they came to prefer to call him “Hal”.
But when he asked his father “Did you did it on purpose?” when he named him so both his first name and last name contains “Haru”, his father replied back with a serious face saying “Playing around with the names of your children is one of the few privilege of a parent”.
Living with a father like this.
When he thought he was in Jakarta of Indonesia for six month, the next moment, he was in Brasov of Romania for a year. After that he stayed Kamchatka Peninsula for four months. Next, he stayed two long years in Tskhinvali of Georgia for….. Hal has been having a vagabond life like this for the whole time. But a lifestyle like this ended very quickly.
His father’s illness was very serious, and he passed away six month after returning to Tokyo.

Like that, Hal became a person without a single relative at the age of twelve.
But he turned away from relying on his far relatives and institutes, and Hal continued to have a vagabond life.
That’s because he thought it would be bothersome to get used to a lifestyle with rules and living with others.
What pushed him next was the thing his father left behind.
But it wasn’t money. It was knowledge. Because he was besides him the whole time, Hal knew very well about his father’s work. That’s why he decided to carry his business.
Because it was a unique job, luckily Hal’s age wasn’t a problem.
Several years passed since he has worked like father in different countries……
An incident occurred which would disturb Hal who will almost become sixteen years old. For a certain reason, he had to return to Tokyo.
Kadi wrote:~60% of V1C1P1, for everyone's enjoyment (or not-enjoyment if it's not your thing):

It's wiki-formatted a bit, but don't put it on the wiki just for this. I may continue working on it some day, but no promises. I don't guarantee 100% accuracy or beauty, but I think I got the gist of it. Mostly. Also, again, this should not become the absolute foundation for this series's terminology. Some details need to be considered more deeply (竜 vs ドラゴン. There seems to be a difference... later), some terms warrant a second opinion (TPDO) and some terms are just mehhh (Leasehold Land, Asya)
Spoiler! :
Chapter 1 - To the hometown where dragons are

Everything started 2 months ago.
Back then, the calendar read February.
The middle of winter... is probably what someone living on the northern hemisphere would think. At that time Hal was in Australia on the southern hemisphere, and in a town by the ocean at that.
It was truly the middle of summer. Looking up, the sky was blue, high and the clouds radiantly white.
The sun was burning, but that just strengthened the summery feeling of liberation.
And the sea. The transparently blue, beautiful ocean. The white sand.
It was a town where you could enjoy all summer had to offer with a short walk to the beach. You couldn't call it a metropolis or even a city, but not so rural you'd go bonkers.
Not too quiet, not too busy.
Hal had come here for work.
... Dragons coming from the moon and the stars and striking urban areas like natural disasters had become frequent nowadays.
For that case the local authorities of advanced nations had created a manual with details on evacuation.
Furthermore, to make sure those evacuations ran smoothly, elaborate drills were common sense, too.
But it would be better if there were more ways to defend oneself.
However there were no military installations near this town. And while it was at the ocean, relying on the patrol fleets of the TPDO, the Terran Pacific Defense Organization<!--地球平洋防衛防衛機構-->, had its limits.
Under these circumstances, people wanting an 'insurance' were everywhere.
The main gig of the '''organization''' Hal belonged to was selling 'knowldedge' to those people.
When Hal had come here after being introduced through the organization, it had been winter on the southern hemisphere. All the time until summer, akin to Indiana Jones Hal had bustled about several places throughout Australia and finally succeeded in his mission. He passed to the 'Burial Accessory'<!--副葬品--> to the local authorities and was free to go.
Whether the woman chosen as suitable could actually become a 'mage'<!--魔女/マギ--> was not yet clear.
But that was outside Hal's control.
Taking a rest for a while and having a leisure vacation was just right.
Thus, for a start, Hal entered a cafe by the ocean and while he was sipping on his mixed fruit drink, he got the call that would start work anew.<!--全てをご破算する電話がかかってきた-->
"...Asya, huh."
The touch panel of his portable terminal showed the name of the caller.
Anastasia Rubashvili.
Born in Georgia. Nickname Asya. Childhood friend. Vitriolic best buds. Hal didn't have many friends, but a longstanding mutual friendship connected him with her.
Hal touched the display to pick up the call.
'It's been a while, Haruomi. Are you well?'
His childhood friend's voice was lovely and clear.
Also, in actual appearance, her beauty matched her voice.
Still, it was quite the challenge for him to perceive her as a girl. Maybe it had to do with how often he had observed her easily consuming 2 kilos of steak and, 'because she's not that hungry', following that up with 3 plates of galbi<!--<ref>'''Galbi''': Koren dish *wiki link*</ref>-->.
Anyway, Hal answered his at least superficially frail childhood friend.
"I feel quite peachy<!--translator's request: the peachy must be protected--> over here. I just finished my job here."
'That's good news. Actually, there's something I want your hel'
Beep. Hal had hung up.
It hadn't been a conscious action. His bdody had just moved by reflex.
'Can I have an explanation why you suddenly hung up on me?'
When she called again right away, Asya's voice was still lovely, but it had a sting.
"Sorry. I felt you were a beast intruding on my sanctuary. It was an accident."
'That doesn't explain anything. And don't call a pure maiden a beast!'
"Alright, I'll explain... I think I already told you, but my dream is to quickly save up enough money and then spend the rest of my days retired in a peaceful town."
Hal could hear a light sigh across the phone.
'That one? I remember you wanted to archieve that by the time you are thirtyfive?'
"Yep. Ever after I won't work and just spend my time on my hobbies."
'I think for someone in his teens, that lacks a fatal amount of dreamishness.'
"Does it? I think for a life design, there's nothing more dreamlike, and if I ask random on the streets, I'll probably get much agreement."
'Oh, many people will agree, but few among them will be in their teens.'
Rather than sharp, Asya's tone was light.
She seemed taken aback. Not paying her any heed, Hal continued.
"Anyway, that's my dream. And the place I'm at now is ideal. It's rather peaceful and it seems quite pleasant to live here. Then there's the ocean nearby."
'You call it ideal, so...'
"Exactly, this is a perfect place for my retirement. ...Asya, I finished a job just now and I'm in a place where I can realize my ideal. Thinking about the near future, too, don't you think it's normal for me to go a bit on vacation here?"
'Now that you mention it, where you are now's the time for summer holidays, isn't it...'
"And then you start talking about 'help'. That just has to be talk about work. So I hung up. To keep the boorish beast out of my holy sanctuary..."
'Please don't describe your excuse for slacking off as holy.'
"I want to become a being that's leisurely idling around. Ask someone else."
'I refuse.'
Their stances remained polar opposites.
Asya set out to break the deadlock.
'There's some personal research I want to do, so in the near future I think of going to New Tokyo and make that place my base of operations for a while.'
"Research? In New Tokyo of all places?"
'Yes. But I don't know the city well, and I've heard there is not much support staff from S.A.U.RU.'
S.A.U.R.U. is the research institution Hal and Asya belong to.
To oppose dragons, they revived a 'metaphysical knowledge system', research it and aim to spread it throughout the world - it's a kind of secret society.
"Nowadays Tokyo is just some provincial city. It should've declined a lot. What's the point in stationing a lot of staff there," Hal said lightly.
More than twenty years ago, 'The Return of the Dragons' and the First Strike happened.
In the one-sided treaty at the end of it, more than 200 places all over the world became leasehold lands to dragonkind.
The Tokyo Leasehold Land was one of them.
Japan's capital had been moved further inland.
'But I'm sure with just one reliable comrade, it will be very different. ... Haruomi, that's your birthtown, isn't it? I think I've heard you have your own house there. Now, about the help...'
"I haven't been there for three years, and I don't plan on going now."
Hal quickly refused even before Asya had finished talking.
'That's where, you know, think of it as helping your childhood friend.'
"Friends are something you keep in your heart."
'Coward.'
"Feel free to call me a fiend."
'Allow me, then. Fiend! Demon! You are truly trash, the worst kind of Itsuki!'
"Having a young girl call me like that gets me a bit excited."
'And you're pervert, too!?'
"Heh."
'At least go through the motion of denying the last one!'
Now, how do I get zzhk to work for me on this...

P.S.: Yes, I know Asya is the official spelling from the color pages, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
P.P.S.: Awesome word filter is awesome!
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Couldn't resist after having read the manga's prologue.

... Why the f*** are they shoving a panty shot in front of our eyes at the 6th page?
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
DoomCalibur
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Misogi wrote:Couldn't resist after having read the manga's prologue.

... Why the f*** are they shoving a panty shot in front of our eyes at the 6th page?
Wasn't that the stimulation for us to get templated by the manga ?
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

It's MF, what do you expect... that being said, the story doesn't feel fanservice-y. Okay, there's that scene where Orihime is bathing. And the one where Hazumi is bathing... and Asha as a maid... and... hot Luna with a hot car... I'm digging my own comment's grave, aren't I? And I still say it's not about the fanservice!!! Just like Campione! Just because!

Let's hope the manga keeps it that way...
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』

Return to “Campione”