Volume 15

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 15

Post by denormative »

Kadi wrote:No, it's not. In the afterword, Jou-chan writes he has tons of ideas for V16. Picking up where V15 left off, Valentine's Day, Annie Charlton's Case Files, something from The Marquis and The Big Sister.... I don't think we'll see an end any time soon.
Now that you mention Valentine's Day, I wouldn't mind a "Week in the life of..." volume, kinda like v12 with a 'big-bad' hiding in the background to be mitigated in the last chapter, but with everyone not mind-altered. It's been a while since it's just been "Godou in Japan" anywhere but in short stories.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Neiseri
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

I want to imagine Voban teasing Luo hao on making Godou her sworn brother. Or Aisha's telling her the meetings with Gudou all with her dangerous *ahem* interesting assumptions. Even Annie's internal struggle of whether to accept that she is fallen for him.

Someone missing would be a civilian who just recently learn about the truth about magic. There is one in manga version.
bludvein
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by bludvein »

There is no way Campione is going to end any time soon. I would guess at least 5 more volumes, excluding any short story compilation volumes the author might do. It could go much longer than that.
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

Now Godou face the greatest challenge yet. To convince a gossip lover to keep her mouth shut.
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

The novels just might end like that: "And for the rest of his life, Kusanagi Godou faced his greatest challenge: Living in harmony with his girls."

That being said, a volume like V12, but without mind-altering is difficult since we know Godou's surroundings so well. Sneaking in a new character and keeping him/her reasonably free of suspicion is close to impossible. That being said, I do want another volume focusing on his "private" life, aside from godslaying. There's still the Asuka case, and if some of the late developments stick... I can guarantee it'll be fun. Except for Shizuka, maybe. Brocons have it hard.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kadi wrote:The novels just might end like that: "And for the rest of his life, Kusanagi Godou faced his greatest challenge: Living in harmony with his girls."
Unless he's somehow stripped of his powers (other then his Aura of Seduction +10), I don't really see how they can end with anything else. It's not as if it's a series heavy enough to kill off the protagonist.
Kadi wrote:That being said, I do want another volume focusing on his "private" life, aside from godslaying. There's still the Asuka case, and if some of the late developments stick... I can guarantee it'll be fun. Except for Shizuka, maybe. Brocons have it hard.
I'm still waiting for Shizuka to get annoyed+suspicious enough to start trying to investigate things a bit more deeply, either dragging Asuka in or alternately being dragged into it via prompting via Asuka. They're both a bit strong-willed in that respect. Cue Godou and girls trying to deal with what would either be a minor god or divine beast without tipping the two off, or causing even more strange misunderstandings. (Of course causing more 'misunderstandings' will be the case no matter what!)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

I keep forgetting. How about the black prince? Will be jealous since all the trouble he caused and experienced just to find who the king of end. Then, it just handed to Godou on a proverbial golden platter.

It bother me who made a hit on those three. I just can sumise is that it's not a campione or a god since they would just handle it themselves(too prideful) . The aides of other campiones are out. I am guessing it's the fairy doctor.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

From what I gathered, faery doctor was a spellcaster classification, like miko and witch, though...
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

When I read that injuries obtained by the divine sword can't be healed naturally by magic, all I can think of is an impending kiss from Aisha. A campione could pass the other campione barrier but it would have been reduced so a kiss would be efficient. The other solution I can think of is the youth but that's very troublesome. Come to think of it, that is also troublesome and greater than when Luo hao announced that Godou became his sworn little brother .

Liliana became more assertive and I feel a heavy teasing from Erica later on. It would be interesting if Shizuka and Hikari interact with each other. I am thinking it would be similar with Athena in the anime.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Youth shouldn't work on Godou himself though :-/ Even if it did, I wonder if he could activate it. Or if would work. Ram's healing was also weakened...

As for Shizuka and Hikari... It's almost time for the new school year. 2 or three more volumes, I guess? Then we'll have Hikari in the middle school section (and the tea ceremony club?) and Shizuka... wait, she'll be in high school, then, right? So no place for them to meet there, but Shizuka in high school can be tons of fun in its own right. I can already see the Kusanagi blood strike and make her "Queen of the First Years" or something... okay, probably not, that would make her hypocrisy in pointing out Godou's hypocrisy too blatant, but I still like the thought.

Now, I've heard Jou-chan's other series gets a new volume in January, so... Campione V16 in March or April?
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

Kadi wrote:Youth shouldn't work on Godou himself though :-/ Even if it did, I wonder if he could activate it. Or if would work. Ram's healing was also weakened...

As for Shizuka and Hikari... It's almost time for the new school year. 2 or three more volumes, I guess? Then we'll have Hikari in the middle school section (and the tea ceremony club?) and Shizuka... wait, she'll be in high school, then, right? So no place for them to meet there, but Shizuka in high school can be tons of fun in its own right. I can already see the Kusanagi blood strike and make her "Queen of the First Years" or something... okay, probably not, that would make her hypocrisy in pointing out Godou's hypocrisy too blatant, but I still like the thought.

Now, I've heard Jou-chan's other series gets a new volume in January, so... Campione V16 in March or April?
What I mean about the youth is to power up the girls so their healing would be potent enough. But nevermind.
As long as she is a member of the tea ceremony club it's still possible since highschool and middle school members are joined juust like in Mariya's case.
If she inherited their mother's charm that is possible. Thing for sure, her classmates would angry at Godou since there is this rumor of her being a brocon.
Lazyanon
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Lazyanon »

just wondering does Godou get a power or authority for defeating the king of the end? He wasn't at full power but could be just like Circe,
I have been plagued with eternal boredom and never ending fatigue.
Made a blog where I post all the LN/WN pdfs I made: https://lazyanonpdf.blogspot.ca/
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

I don't think so. The only thing he can get is that he was able to copy it using his sword. I wonder if it's permanent or there is a limit on how many it could copy.
Lazyanon
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Lazyanon »

as highly unlikely as it is it would be funny if he takes the divine sword of salvation, Circe did say he would get a white weapon.
I have been plagued with eternal boredom and never ending fatigue.
Made a blog where I post all the LN/WN pdfs I made: https://lazyanonpdf.blogspot.ca/
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

Lazyanon wrote:as highly unlikely as it is it would be funny if he takes the divine sword of salvation, Circe did say he would get a white weapon.
She didn't say it is an authority though and when it would be.But whe she said "wield like a cross" could mean either it's a separate power or Godou learn how to activate two at once.

It seems his charm also work with males though not as romantic but as rivals. Just like with Doni. My impression of the king of the end is a silent type but he seems talkative to Godou.

Return to “Campione”