Volume 15

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Volume 15

Post by zzhk »

Campione! Volume 15 will be released on October 25th this month.

The title is 女神の息子 which means "Son of the Goddess" without any context.
Speculation on this goddess:
Spoiler! :
The synopsis mentions the appearance of a new Heretic Goddess -- Artio from Celtic mythology.
"Artos" is also the Celtic word for bear and speculated to be the origin of the name "Arthur."
The identity of the titular "son" should be obvious.

Cover image:
Spoiler! :
Amazon.jp synopsis:
古代ガリアでウルディンとの死闘を終えた護堂。フランク族をまとめるドニを止めようとするが、そこに新たなまつろわぬ女神・アルティオが現れて!? アニメ化後も絶好調のロングヒット作品、第15巻!!
Translation:
Spoiler! :
After the deadly duel against Uldin in Ancient Gaul, Godou intends to stop Doni who is leading the Franks but a new Heretic Goddess makes an unexpected appearance -- Artio!?
After its animated adaptation, the long-running series continues to go strong, reaching its 15th volume!!
Short Story 7 (四方山昔語り: Various Reminiscences) is now available on the Super Dash Bunko site.
Link: http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/feature/camp ... ecial.html
Translation: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ione!:SS_7

Newest spoilers (Updated October 11):
Spoiler! :
Through the "corridor" opened by the Campione known as the Queen of Caves, Madame Aisha, Kusanagi Godou the Seventh Campione has traveled to Ancient Gaul. After an intense duel against the local Campione, Uldin, Godou sets off again for a confrontation in order to stop the King of Swords, Doni, who also came from the same era. There, they encountered another Heretic Goddess, Artio. Injured in battle against Doni, the goddess summoned her "son," but the one who manifests is the existence said to exterminate all devil kings... Guiding destiny's path, this encounter will bring about the greatest crisis in the history of the godslayers!
Another image of the goddess Artio (Updated October 16):
Spoiler! :
Preview excerpt:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/new/1310.html#b02

Quick and messy translation by Kadi (Updated October 26)
Spoiler! :
Then, a goddess suddenly appeared. She had a large build and a sharp look in her eyes, scattering haughtiness and dignity like a queen. Her clothes were simple, reminding of underclothes, but she wore a pelt over them.
The pelt was a deep, dark reddish brown, like it was taken off a bear along with its head.
However, she was wearing that dead animal's face on her head like a crown.
Godou was certain. In front of him was a goddess that should be called "Queen of beasts". In the face of a god, a campione's mind and body entered a battle state. For a little while, his body has been overflowing with the power to fight, so her arrival wasn't unexpected.
"To speak the truth, until just now I hesitated," the goddess whispered.
"It's vexing, but there are many godslayers in this world. One of them has wounded me. With this wounded body of mine, it shall be difficult to exact revenge"
The pelt aside, she wore pseudo-underwear, so it was plain to see.
A vertical laceration cut into the goddess's white abdomen. The cut was red-black and obviously painful. It was probably very deep.
"However! Turing that blade against a goddess of earth will not be forgiven. If nobody else, this proud me will never forgive it! That's why I hesitated. Even if the preparations are already made..."
At that point, the goddess gave Godou and the others a glancing look.
She looked at Salvatore Doni, Kusanagi Godou and Madame Aisha in turn and then enchantingly shook her head, finally resignedly muttering:
"But now it's unavoidable. Now that there are two more godslayers, I need to be ready to douse my wounds in filth. Attention, godslayers! Detestable Rakshasa Kings!" <!--Monarchs? didn't check terminology-->
Last edited by zzhk on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 15

Post by ChrisB38 »

Thanks for the info zzhk. Sounds like it's going to be an interesting volume, and the cover might suggest that Liliana and probably Yuri are somehow going to join up with Godou, since why else would she appear on the cover, especially with Aisha in the back.
Lazyanon
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lazyanon »

just saying I called it, I posted awhile back that a heretic god will descend
I have been plagued with eternal boredom and never ending fatigue.
Made a blog where I post all the LN/WN pdfs I made: https://lazyanonpdf.blogspot.ca/
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

I've been camping the official site and you still got info before me... GRRRR.

Well, I guess I'll just have to vandalize your post once the official site... catches up, I guess.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Neiseri
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

hmm...By the looks of it, The king of end would be born because of them. Anyone thinking, godou is the king of end's father when reading the synopsis?
Lazyanon
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Lazyanon »

that is possible, considering how Godou develops a relationship with every goddess he meets (Athean, Lancelot, Circe). But wont the girls kill him if he does have a child with an unknown women
Made a blog where I post all the LN/WN pdfs I made: https://lazyanonpdf.blogspot.ca/
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Lazyanon wrote:that is possible, considering how Godou develops a relationship with every goddess he meets (Athean, Lancelot, Circe). But wont the girls kill him if he does have a child with an unknown women
Yes. I imagine Erica would kill him half a dozen times (at the very least) as punishment. Being semi-immortal does have it's drawbacks.

I suspect it's more of a metaphorical "birth"; in the way you could say something was the sign of the "birth of a new era".
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Maybe he is born because of a legend?

and btw, how did zzhk even get the info?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

There are ways on being updated real time the changes on websites. RSS reader is a popular example. If you could get that on a smart phone then it would be faster.

Based on a documentary I watched on natgeo, profile of Arthur matched two persons in history and guess what it is the same time period as where they were sent.
They speculated that two are combined as a basis for Arthur.

If the goddess survive, I wonder if would sleep to wait fo Godou. Everytime a new female character is introduced, why do I assumed she would fall in love with Godou? I wonder why? :roll:
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

IN the end none of the goddesses and campiones stayed with him.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Neiseri
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Neiseri »

Rage_Ender wrote:IN the end none of the goddesses and campiones stayed with him.
That because their situation is worse than that of Romeo and Juliet( at least they are not biologically attune to fight each other). And the difference of love and battle lust is blurred to the godesses (circe).
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

That is something I could not refute on.......
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
gopalvarman
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gopalvarman »

Guys! What if Godou uses "Dawns Secret Archives" over "Verethragna"'s authroity? I think he can gain better control over all of the avatars.
gopalvarman
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

gopalvarman wrote:Guys! What if Godou uses "Dawns Secret Archives" over "Verethragna"'s authroity? I think he can gain better control over all of the avatars.
I doubt that something like that would work. The reason is the fact that "Dawns Secret Archives" is a Grimore that contains the knowledge of how to control an Earth goddesses power.

It might amplify Godou's knowledge related to magic, but it won't reduce the restrictions placed on Verethragna's authorities and it won't allow him to gain better control over it's avatar's, since most of them, don't have a lot relation with magic / Earth.
Lazyanon
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Lazyanon »

I wonder if Godou will get that white weapon Circe mentioned from Artio

Return to “Campione”