Volume 16

General discussion related to Campione

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 16

Post by Kadi »

Campione Vol 16 will be released on the 25th of February.

The title is 英雄たちの鼓動(Eiyuutachi no Kodou) or "The Stirring of Heroes"

Cover image:
(click for higher res)

Short synopsis:
魔王、囚われの身に!? 平和なクラスで起きた珍事件「囚われのカンピオーネ」、エリカと護堂のある夜の出来事「ローマの休日・深夜版」等短編を一挙収録! さらに最終章への幕開けに迫る展開が…!?
Quick and messy translation:
Spoiler! :
The Devil King has been captured!?An unexpected event in a peaceful class, "The Imprisoned Campione", the affair between Erica and Godou during a certain night, "Roman Holiday - Late Night Edition", and a collection of more short stories! And the development leading towards the end is...!?

It is currently unknown whether the "Roman Holiday - Late Night Edition" is a new story or a reprint of the story we already know.

And... as zzhk just pointed out, "The Imprisoned Campione" sounds familiar, too... Alas, as of now, nothing is confirmed.

Long Synopsis:
最終決戦への鼓動がいま聞こえ始める……!!
絶好調のロングヒットファンタジーバトル!!

魔王、囚われの身に!? 平和なクラスで起きた珍事件「囚われのカンピオーネ」、エリカと護堂のある夜の出来事「ローマの休日・深夜版」等短編を一挙収録! さらに古代ガリアから帰還した護堂たちが再び相見えるのは、かつて倒したはずの宿敵たちで…!? 封印されし「最後の王」をめぐる最終決戦の鼓動が、今聞こえはじめる……!!
Color Images:
Spoiler! :
Teaser/Excerpt:
http://sdgo.cdn.cloudpublisher.jp/sd.ph ... ijzhou0eyc
(essentially BR SS 1)

Publisher's Blog Post:
http://sdbunko.blogspot.jp/2014/02/blog-post_23.html

Extras:

Discuss!
Last edited by zzhk on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: new images; publisher's blog
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 16

Post by denormative »

Sounds like it might be collecting all the bluray stories as well, given that the True Lord Erlang one seems relatively significant.

Also I think zzhk should have let someone try to translate 鼓動 as 'beating'; giving him an excuse to troll people by 'translating' the prologue as a Doni/Godou slashfic or something. :P
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

But Yaoi-teasing is my area of expertise... except I didn't see that possibility. I FAILED!!!
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

A short story collection most likely won't have a prologue (or an epilogue, for that matter).
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Kadi wrote:But Yaoi-teasing is my area of expertise... except I didn't see that possibility. I FAILED!!!
Aww...
zzhk wrote:A short story collection most likely won't have a prologue (or an epilogue, for that matter).
Yeah. However, I guess the "roman holiday - late night edition" chapter has an appropriate enough title that it would have been easy enough to use that instead. :P
zzhk
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Well, "Roman Holiday, Late Night Edition" is already translated as one of the Blu-Ray stories, so this might actually be a quick volume to translate depending on how much recycled material there is.

Seeing as this is already a collection of short stories, I wonder if the author will release another one on the web or not. Releasing a short story whenever a volume is published only became a regular custom starting with Volume 11.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Hmm the cover looks more awesome than the previous neat impression it gives. But I dunno why, godou looks like someother character I've seen. But I stilk like this kind of godou rather than the one in the anime.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Rage_Ender wrote:Hmm the cover looks more awesome than the previous neat impression it gives. But I dunno why, godou looks like someother character I've seen. But I stilk like this kind of godou rather than the one in the anime.
The MC from Index is my first impression.

Can't say I much like it myself. The girls are fine, but Godou's face just looks wrong. Eyes are set too low on the skull? Shadowing is screwed up? There's something wrong with it I just can't pick out exactly what.

... actually, now that I look at it, the light sources are completely screwed up in the entire picture. Ena's lit from from back-left of the cover... and she's got one arm twice as long as the other. >.< Godou's lit from front and from... top right? And Yuri's lit from right. Ena can be forgiven (other then the odd arm lengths :? ) since it looks like it's supposed to be a composite (symbolising the scene in the Lord Erlang short I guess?), but Yuri and Godou should really have the light coming from the same direction at least since they look to be in the same 'scene'.

The lines need proper anti-aliasing applied as well. :(

</rant>
zzhk
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Latest synopsis and images added to first post.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

You are so fast zzhk... so fast...
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Fastest translation ever! 2/3 done before the book is even released...

I should probably make myself motivated to TLC, seeing that I can read Japanese and zzhk not as much, but... we'll see.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rage_Ender »

Kadi wrote:Fastest translation ever! 2/3 done before the book is even released...
I wish I could've retweeted that or sumtin.....
But seriously, his speed transcends even time and space!
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
victorrama
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Too many to list, just ask

Post by victorrama »

Er.....Zz haven't actually translated 'the volume 16' though....
And even if it's released has to wait for the CN first...
Though they work incredibly fast too....
Just a passing by translator, editor, typesetter, writer, meeper.

Translating : The Maso's TL project
and also other series.

“The mind, at times, takes masochistic delight in suffering.” ― Saurbh Katyal, Seduced by Murder
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Hahaha.

Oh well. I am just wondering if the author will tweak the short stories a little or will he just released them as they are?

Also, I'm just a little curious, but all those Blu-ray releases came from where exactly? The anime release? Or from some other source?
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

royaloyalz wrote:Also, I'm just a little curious, but all those Blu-ray releases came from where exactly? The anime release? Or from some other source?
Anime release. Each BD came with a booklet which, among other things, had a short story in it. So 13 episodes -> 7 BDs -> 7 short stories.

Return to “Campione”