Hidan no Aria [Aria the Scarlet Ammo]

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really" (Please give a reason)
1%
"No" (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 847

rikki
Astral Realm

Re: Hidan no Aria [Aria the Scarlet Ammo]

Post by rikki »

seoulfighter wrote:
undying3132 wrote:それ以来,あいつの生来のお節介燒き属性には妙な拍車がかかってしまったのだ

Can anyone help?

I think its : Since then, I have somehow spurred her natural meddling tendency .
or something like that.
this was one messed up sentence. I translated it literally to: From then on her meddlesome nature was strangely spurred on (by the incident), which has caused me to suffer.

Literally at the end of the sentence was I suffered lol.
I got: Since then, that meddling nature of hers had strangely increased.

I see where you picked up "which has caused me to suffer" (拍車がかかってしまったのだ),
but I thought it as 拍車がかかってしまったのだ (an action which was in past-tense)

Just my view on it. (Only been studying Jap for 3 years also lol)
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

This is my opinion.
それ以来,あいつの生来のお節介焼き属性には妙な拍車がかかってしまったのだ
Since then, her natural burning meddling attribute started to be mysteriously spurred.

かかって used in pure hiragana normally refers to 掛かって, I think

Here's the work I'm giving up on, so hopefully someone else can make good use of it.
I'm not sure of its accuracy, but it should be very literal unless I misunderstood the sentence.
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

Bullet 3 Assault

I had come back.

Assault - a popular name for it was "the tomorrow-less subject".

This subject's graduation time survival rate was 97.1%.

In other words, a little less than 3 per 100 people could not live until the graduation. They died either during the execution of their mission or during their practice. Really.

That was Assault and that was also the dark side of Butei's work.

I was inside the private institution, where the sounds of firing and weapons reverberated, however for today's me, it was firstly the affirmation of the equipment, the application to freely take a class and so forth; my time, excluding training, was almost used up.

Nonetheless, until I settled 1 case, I wanted some sort of gun practice but it was not happening. It was because Assault always assembled and mobilized parties, so its pupils naturally became friendly ... "Oh Kinjii, I believe that you will definitely return. Now, please die even a second earlier here!"

"You still haven't die, Natsumi. You for sure die even point 1 of a second earlier than me."

"Kinjii! You finally came back to die! An idiot like you would die immediately! The thing about Butei is that idiots are the ones going die."

"Well, why are you still alive, Mikami?"

Abiding to the countryside, upon entering the countryside.

The die-die saying was this place's greeting, if I returned die-die one by one, as they were delighted by my return and said die-die, that itself would eat up a considerable amount of time.

As I came out of Assault, which somehow parried an obtained gunpowder stink, -

Within the sunset, there was a small child waiting for me around the back of the gate.

It was needless to say. It was Aria.

Aria recognized my figure and came trotting along.

Then, I began to walk in displeasure, and at my side she began to walk together.

"... You are pretty popular, huh. I was a little surprised."

"I don't want to be like by such guys."

That was my true intention.

"Your social disposition is poor and I also feel that you are a little gloomy. However, I feel that everyone here, some do I put it, look up to you."

... That was certainly because they remembered the time during the entrance examination.

It was me in hysteria mode.

The examination inflicted on us, the applicants of Assault, was ... scattering us at a 14 story deserted building, and upon arming ourselves, we were to arrest exam candidates other than ourselves together, it was an actual combat format.

And then, I quickly brought down or caught the exam candidates, other than myself, with traps, and without warning even the 5 instructors hiding in the mansion.

... Damn it.

I recall the things that I did not want to remember.

Sensing that I became further upset, Aria dropped her glance to the ground when walking at my side.

"Hey, Kinji"

"What's up?"

"Thank you"

"What's it now"

I replied Aria in an irritated voice, who although spoke in a low voice, seemed truly happy.

That was you seemed happy.

Literally, it was because she had obtained a ''slave'' who will fight for her sake.

"Don't be mistaken. I only came back here because I didn't have a choice. Once I settled 1 case, I'll immediately return to Inquesta(Investigator section).

"I understand, but"

"What?"

"Kinji, walking in Assault and being surrounded by everyone, is cool."

"..."

Why did she say such a thing.

While she herself did not have such an intention, having a girl - in addition a girl, who just her appearance was somewhat cute, saying such things left me at a loss for words.

"No one here approaches me. As the difference in ability is too great, everyone cannot match up ... well, even so it is fine, because I'm Aria."

"''Aria''?"

I tilted my head to Aria, who called out her name in an intonation different from the usual.

"''Aria'' also means a ''solo vocal piece'' of an opera. It is the part where one person sings. Aloneness - it seems like that no matter where I am in Butei High. It was like that even in Rome."

"So, is this your intention to make me a slave and change it even to a duet?"

After saying that without looking in Aria's direction, Aria giggled and laughed.

Upon glancing at the side, she was laughing like it seemed truly funny.

"You also can say something amusing."

"It isn't amusing."

"It is amusing?"

"I don't get your key point."

"As I thought Kinji, just as you returned here, you've gotten a little lively. Up till yesterday, you looked like you were in somewhat of a self deception, and it seemed like it hurt somewhere. The present you is charming.

"There's ... no such thing."

Aria again said an embarrassing thing.

I did not want to listen to Aria.

Somehow, there was an atmosphere for the truth to be said -

"I'm going to visit the gamcen. You go home alone. I mean in the first place from today on, it's the female dormitory. There's no point in returning together."

"Let's stay together till the bus stop."

As usual her abusive language struck and she seemed truly happy that she brought me back to Assault. I understood her facial expression. She was easy to understand. She was not suited for Inquesta.

"Hey, what's gamcen?"

"It is an abbreviation for game center. Don't you even know such a thing?"

"I am a child who just returned to the country, so it can't be helped. Eh. Well then, I'll go too.  Today, I'll specially play together with you. It's a reward."

"I don't need it. Such a thing isn't a reward, it's a punishment game."

I walked at a little faster pace and started to separate from Aria. Tekutekuteku (trudgingly).

After that, Aria laughed "Nyaa" and walked at the same speed following right beside me. Tekutekuteku (trudgingly).
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

KuroiHikari wrote:This is my opinion.
それ以来,あいつの生来のお節介焼き属性には妙な拍車がかかってしまったのだ
Since then, her natural burning meddling attribute started to be mysteriously spurred.

かかって used in pure hiragana normally refers to 掛かって, I think

Here's the work I'm giving up on, so hopefully someone else can make good use of it.
I'm not sure of its accuracy, but it should be very literal unless I misunderstood the sentence.
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

Bullet 3 Assault

I had come back.

Assault - a popular name for it was "the tomorrow-less subject".

This subject's graduation time survival rate was 97.1%.

In other words, a little less than 3 per 100 people could not live until the graduation. They died either during the execution of their mission or during their practice. Really.

That was Assault and that was also the dark side of Butei's work.

I was inside the private institution, where the sounds of firing and weapons reverberated, however for today's me, it was firstly the affirmation of the equipment, the application to freely take a class and so forth; my time, excluding training, was almost used up.

Nonetheless, until I settled 1 case, I wanted some sort of gun practice but it was not happening. It was because Assault always assembled and mobilized parties, so its pupils naturally became friendly ... "Oh Kinjii, I believe that you will definitely return. Now, please die even a second earlier here!"

"You still haven't die, Natsumi. You for sure die even point 1 of a second earlier than me."

"Kinjii! You finally came back to die! An idiot like you would die immediately! The thing about Butei is that idiots are the ones going die."

"Well, why are you still alive, Mikami?"

Abiding to the countryside, upon entering the countryside.

The die-die saying was this place's greeting, if I returned die-die one by one, as they were delighted by my return and said die-die, that itself would eat up a considerable amount of time.

As I came out of Assault, which somehow parried an obtained gunpowder stink, -

Within the sunset, there was a small child waiting for me around the back of the gate.

It was needless to say. It was Aria.

Aria recognized my figure and came trotting along.

Then, I began to walk in displeasure, and at my side she began to walk together.

"... You are pretty popular, huh. I was a little surprised."

"I don't want to be like by such guys."

That was my true intention.

"Your social disposition is poor and I also feel that you are a little gloomy. However, I feel that everyone here, some do I put it, look up to you."

... That was certainly because they remembered the time during the entrance examination.

It was me in hysteria mode.

The examination inflicted on us, the applicants of Assault, was ... scattering us at a 14 story deserted building, and upon arming ourselves, we were to arrest exam candidates other than ourselves together, it was an actual combat format.

And then, I quickly brought down or caught the exam candidates, other than myself, with traps, and without warning even the 5 instructors hiding in the mansion.

... Damn it.

I recall the things that I did not want to remember.

Sensing that I became further upset, Aria dropped her glance to the ground when walking at my side.

"Hey, Kinji"

"What's up?"

"Thank you"

"What's it now"

I replied Aria in an irritated voice, who although spoke in a low voice, seemed truly happy.

That was you seemed happy.

Literally, it was because she had obtained a ''slave'' who will fight for her sake.

"Don't be mistaken. I only came back here because I didn't have a choice. Once I settled 1 case, I'll immediately return to Inquesta(Investigator section).

"I understand, but"

"What?"

"Kinji, walking in Assault and being surrounded by everyone, is cool."

"..."

Why did she say such a thing.

While she herself did not have such an intention, having a girl - in addition a girl, who just her appearance was somewhat cute, saying such things left me at a loss for words.

"No one here approaches me. As the difference in ability is too great, everyone cannot match up ... well, even so it is fine, because I'm Aria."

"''Aria''?"

I tilted my head to Aria, who called out her name in an intonation different from the usual.

"''Aria'' also means a ''solo vocal piece'' of an opera. It is the part where one person sings. Aloneness - it seems like that no matter where I am in Butei High. It was like that even in Rome."

"So, is this your intention to make me a slave and change it even to a duet?"

After saying that without looking in Aria's direction, Aria giggled and laughed.

Upon glancing at the side, she was laughing like it seemed truly funny.

"You also can say something amusing."

"It isn't amusing."

"It is amusing?"

"I don't get your key point."

"As I thought Kinji, just as you returned here, you've gotten a little lively. Up till yesterday, you looked like you were in somewhat of a self deception, and it seemed like it hurt somewhere. The present you is charming.

"There's ... no such thing."

Aria again said an embarrassing thing.

I did not want to listen to Aria.

Somehow, there was an atmosphere for the truth to be said -

"I'm going to visit the gamcen. You go home alone. I mean in the first place from today on, it's the female dormitory. There's no point in returning together."

"Let's stay together till the bus stop."

As usual her abusive language struck and she seemed truly happy that she brought me back to Assault. I understood her facial expression. She was easy to understand. She was not suited for Inquesta.

"Hey, what's gamcen?"

"It is an abbreviation for game center. Don't you even know such a thing?"

"I am a child who just returned to the country, so it can't be helped. Eh. Well then, I'll go too.  Today, I'll specially play together with you. It's a reward."

"I don't need it. Such a thing isn't a reward, it's a punishment game."

I walked at a little faster pace and started to separate from Aria. Tekutekuteku (trudgingly).

After that, Aria laughed "Nyaa" and walked at the same speed following right beside me. Tekutekuteku (trudgingly).
Thanks for this. The only thing I want now is where the hell does this leave off in the story finding this point will be a pain -.- so if you could please just give me the last sentence in Japanese, so I can find it would be nice ^_^.

Also as for the meddling sentence -.- that sentence was a pain I think I looked at it too long and grew retarded. Yeah I agree that maybe because it was all in hiragana I made a mistake, however I would like to say that Japanese should space their words as it would make my life easier >_<!
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I'm not sure which last sentence, in Japanese, you are referring to.
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

KuroiHikari wrote:I'm not sure which last sentence, in Japanese, you are referring to.
I'm talking about the last sentence you translated it will be easier to find where you left off in the novel ^_^.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Or you could translate the rest too ;)

Btw. You could have added your translation to the wiki by yourself too :wink:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Ok, here:
するとアリアはニヤーと笑って、同じ速度で歩いて真横についてくる。てくてくてく。
You have to know that there would be some errors in the text version.

@Darklor, I am currently quite busy and quite lazy :)
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

KuroiHikari wrote:Ok, here:
するとアリアはニヤーと笑って、同じ速度で歩いて真横についてくる。てくてくてく。
You have to know that there would be some errors in the text version.

@Darklor, I am currently quite busy and quite lazy :)

heheh thx for the last sentence I can probably find it now.

As for being busy and lazy I know what you mean. I'm finding it hard to look through the damn kanji dictionary at this point -.- my eyes they burn from looking up all the individual kanji! The next sentence I'm working on has too much kanji, thats the only thing that I haven't memorized/learned enough of. FYI I write down all the new kanji on my arm and by the time it fades away usually I will have memorized it by then ^_^.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Nice learning method :lol:

Darklor

Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

It's great to see this project alive again :)
*Back after missing for five months*
Spadey
Astral Realm

Post by Spadey »

Translated chapter 4. It was more of practice of how difficult it is to translate light novels.
Spoiler! :
Chapter 4 - Behind the Bangs

In the end, after leaving Aria like that after the fight--This is what happened.

I wonder if it's alright like this?

[text removed upon licensing]

Standing up with my hair waving, I left the room.

My mind inside hysteria mode――
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

And how was it?

Also since did translate it wouldnt you like to add it to the wiki too?

Darklor

Spadey
Astral Realm

Post by Spadey »

Much harder than manga and a normal VN. To be honest, I don't know how to add it the wiki either.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

For me the easiest way was always to create a red link (edit the wiki page and add something like that as an example: ::*[[Hidan no Aria:Volume1_Chapter4|Chapter 4 - Behind the front hair]] - while the [[ ]] indicate that it is a wikilink - This time I have it already done ;) so just add it here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... &redlink=1 and save it ;)

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah great you did it - will you continue to translate?

Darklor

Return to “Hidan no Aria”