Hidan no Aria [Aria the Scarlet Ammo]

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really" (Please give a reason)
1%
"No" (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 847

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hidan no Aria [Aria the Scarlet Ammo]

Post by Cthaeh »

yoyoyo5678 wrote: there are report from people who bought volumes 1+2 from DMG and they said that it is almost 99% the same as the translation from our site!
I bought volume 1, it is not the same translation nor does it appear to be derived from BT's for all the sections of text I have ever compared between the two (I'd like to see an example of what those people base their claims on).

I'll provide an example, randomly plucked from the middle:
Spoiler! :
DMG
Aria must have been in a deep slumber because she was talking in her sleep
and I could hear her drooling.

Man, this is irritating. Pyramid? What the hell is she talking about?

This was my apartment. In a situation like this, there shouldn’t be any need
to be considerate to a vicious trespasser, but the fact of the matter was, Aria, who
had changed into some light, pink camisole-like pajamas (are those what you call
negligee?), was in my bedroom, pistols at the ready. I might have been sleepy, but
with Aria having regained possession of her weapons I had no choice but to lie here,
resentfully waiting for her to fall asleep first.
BT
Aria was sound asleep. Not only was she sleep talking, I could also hear her drooling in her sleep. Ah, this really pisses me off. Also, do peach buns have anything to do with pyramids?

This is my room, I shouldn't need to worry about these kinds of evil intruders.

But, wearing pink pajamas reminiscent of a jumpsuit, Aria had brought both her guns into the bedroom.

Although I had gone to bed immediately after Aria, I wasn't sleepy at all, so all I could do was lie on my bed, watching her sleep.
The DMG and BT translators had very different interpretations of the meaning of the text in that example (I'm not in a position to comment on which is more accurate).
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Cthaeh wrote:
yoyoyo5678 wrote: there are report from people who bought volumes 1+2 from DMG and they said that it is almost 99% the same as the translation from our site!
I bought volume 1, it is not the same translation nor does it appear to be derived from BT's for all the sections of text I have ever compared between the two (I'd like to see an example of what those people base their claims on).

I'll provide an example, randomly plucked from the middle:
Spoiler! :
DMG
<tab>Aria must have been in a deep slumber because she was talking in her sleep
and I could hear her drooling.
<tab>Man, this is irritating. Pyramid? What the hell is she talking about?
<tab>This was my apartment. In a situation like this, there shouldn’t be any need
to be considerate to a vicious trespasser, but the fact of the matter was, Aria, who
had changed into some light, pink camisole-like pajamas (are those what you call
negligee?), was in my bedroom, pistols at the ready. I might have been sleepy, but
with Aria having regained possession of her weapons I had no choice but to lie here,
resentfully waiting for her to fall asleep first.
BT
Aria was sound asleep. Not only was she sleep talking, I could also hear her drooling in her sleep. Ah, this really pisses me off. Also, do peach buns have anything to do with pyramids?

This is my room, I shouldn't need to worry about these kinds of evil intruders.

But, wearing pink pajamas reminiscent of a jumpsuit, Aria had brought both her guns into the bedroom.

Although I had gone to bed immediately after Aria, I wasn't sleepy at all, so all I could do was lie on my bed, watching her sleep.
The DMG and BT translators had very different interpretations of the meaning of the text in that example (I'm not in a position to comment on which is more accurate).

If it is the case then, you just lifted a heavy burden from my heart. ::letting out a sigh of relief::

I just asked random people who said they bought from DMG and that was the general reply they answered me.
Link to my user on B-T
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Most probably they thought that because they expected the story to change in some way? Which is weird, since the source is the same.

Or it may be because those two volumes followed the proper guidelines so B-T's one looked proffessional-ish.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by raffreddato »

Excuse me, do you know what is the last volume published by Digital Manga?

Any idea on when (or if) they will arrive to volume 11?

Thanks in advance.
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Last volume published is 2. They published the first one back in August 2013, the second one came in March 2014 and there are still no news about volume 3 (just checked). Who knows when will they reach volume 11, if they ever do, at this pace.

EDIT: I was sure I had written the correct date.
Last edited by Kemm on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by raffreddato »

Kemm wrote:They published the first one back in August 2015.
So Digital Manga's publishers can travel in time XD
Joking apart, thank you for the info.
I fear I will never read volume 11 :(
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Any one currently being stubborn enough to keep on translating it? <--- Mod note: In the future, please do not either ask or answer questions like this for licensed and abandoned projects.

*rant: my English gets worse by the day*
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Nothing can be done on this project until the end of May, if and only if DMG doesn't announce the release of the 3rd volume.

------

Mod note: I edited out some of the text in this post, leaving the most relevant statement, and also deleted some posts below this one. While projects are considered abandoned by BT rules, please do not ask if/where other fan translations are, do not answer those questions, as mods should eventually delete them. Also do not ask or offer, both explicitly or implicitly, about exchanging pdfs or other downloadables. You can discuss the story for any volume, as long as you don't say where/how you read it if it was from a past or current fan TL.

These restrictions will be lifted if the project is reinstated, which may occur at the end of May as Kemm noted. And just as clarification, the project is eligible for reinstatement once the date rolls around, but it's not automatic; so wait for the site admins to decide and make it official by moving the project out of the abandoned category.

------

EDIT (4/19/2015): Oh, sorry. I've already forgotten what I had originally posted, too. But it's true that DMG not annoncing a new release in this month and a half left doesn't automatically entitle B-T to resume the translations; all things have to be considered in light of circumstances. But as DMG is fantranslaton-friendly (relatively), chances of it happening are higher than if it was YenPress or Seven Seas the publisher, just to name some (hom much, I don't know, though). Let's have another chat with the pros and cons of each decision by June.
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

Well, it looks like the english project is back so anyone wants to work on it?
Hello................Bye
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

I can't wait to see some activity!

By the way, I don't mind being an Editor for this project but, because of RL problems I won't be so much active.
Link to my user on B-T
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

is it officially reinstated? as I can't find any official statements saying so.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

The official reinstatement is written in the projext page. It has also been taken off from the "Abandoned Projects" list, edition has been allowed once again and volumes 6+ have been reuploaded (since there are 2 officially translated ones and a 3-volume buffer).
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

I'm back

1. Requesting permission to wipe the Hidan no Aria:Talk, Registration page and the staff list.
2. Requesting permission to clean up the Hidan no Aria sub-forum.
3. Requesting permission to move Hidan no Aria out of the Abandoned list.
4. Special request to promote Bowguyz to Translator/Editor (at least in the forums)
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

MineRiko wrote:3. Requesting permission to move Hidan no Aria out of the Abandoned list.
That one has been done already. Check it. Right now, Hidan no Aria is under "Main Projects" and out of the "Abandoned Projects" linklist.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

MineRiko wrote:I'm back

1. Requesting permission to wipe the Hidan no Aria:Talk, Registration page and the staff list.
2. Requesting permission to clean up the Hidan no Aria sub-forum.
3. Requesting permission to move Hidan no Aria out of the Abandoned list.
4. Special request to promote Bowguyz to Translator/Editor (at least in the forums)
1. It seems reasonable to me to reset registration for all uncompleted chapters (v11 and 12), if that's what you mean. Talk pages can be cleaned by project staff when content is no longer relevant; or did you mean delete the page? I don't think we ever really remove people from the staff list if that person doesn't do it themselves, just move to inactive (unless they actually haven't done anything, which is harder to tell because they could have contributed in the first few deleted volumes).

2. I think we try not to delete posts, but reasonable merges, re-namings, thread locks...why not.

3. (Assuming you're talking about the forums not the wiki) I think that needs Oni, cloud, or Simon. Cloud often seems the most motivated on forum organization, so it might have to wait a week or two for him to come back.

Return to “Hidan no Aria”