Want to Buy Hidan No Aria Light Novel Translations

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BustyLoliChan
Astral Realm

Want to Buy Hidan No Aria Light Novel Translations

Post by BustyLoliChan »

So after my last thread I have discovered a little more about how baka-tsuki works, and in light of this I would like to make an offer to the translators that read this.... (I hope this isn't against the rules, I didn't see anything in there about threads contracting out translators)

Is anyone capable and willing to translate volumes 8, 9, 10, and 11 of the Hidan no Aria Light novel for money? I am thinking of paying around 70 USD (half up front, half when it's done), via paypal, per novel. I would like each novels completion to take no longer than a month if at all possible.

Does this sound do-able to anyone, and would anyone be willing to do it?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Want to Buy Hidan No Aria Light Novel Translations

Post by Teh_ping »

Firstly, 70 USD for a LN is really too much. (Like 12 times their worth in other countries, even when translated). Secondly, it's a case of getting translators, not trying to pay them to get them to translate faster. You just have to wait for translations to come up sometime down the road. I'm sorry to say, but no payment to the people here on Baka-Tsuki. If you want to pay translators to go faster, you will have to ask other translators who are willing to go into the darker regions of this greyish industry.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:Firstly, 70 USD for a LN is really too much.
I think he meant 70 for 4 novels - that would be 17,5 US$ per volume...

Btw. I believe a "real" translator - with real I mean a professionel translator who has to live off it would get a little more money per volume... but for those the costs are in the end split into all the printed copies. - Also a reason why limited editions are more expensive than mass market editions...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

(Yeah, I know it's a locked thread)
But just wanted to say that normally, a novel costs less because tree are a lot of produced.

Though I believe that there are some translators who are ready to take commissions in other websites. You can try there.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Hidan no Aria”