a question to the translators ;)

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

a question to the translators ;)

Post by raffreddato »

Hello everybody.

First of all, thank you for all the hard work you are doing translating this light novel. I really am having fun reading it. The story is nice and also the style of the writing.
Recently i have also decided to translate it into my language (Italian).

Secondly, there is a part i don't understand: during the battle against Riko, i thought she would say the middle name of Aria withouth the "H", calling it "Olmes" (Kinji in the ending chapter explains this because it's the French pronunciation of the name), so this would create a misunderstanding and only after Aria explains what her middle name really is, awarding Kinji of the "Guinnes of primacy of idiocy" (like always ). However in the light novel you wrote it with also the "H", so maybe i have been induced in error by the anime, and the ending chapter means something else. The question i want to ask you, i have to write "Holmes" as you did or "Olmes" , leaving the misunderstanding?

Thank you,
raffreddato (Antonio Iuliano)
raffreddato
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
NiMx1233
Project Translator

Re: a question to the translators ;)

Post by NiMx1233 »

In my opinion, Olmes is suitable, if it's in Riko's dialogue, or somewhere else referring to her saying it. Feel free to edit it to your liking as long as it's appropriate.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Re: a question to the translators ;)

Post by raffreddato »

Thank you for your answer. :D
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o

Return to “Hidan no Aria”