Jeanne's way of speaking

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Jeanne's way of speaking

Post by raffreddato »

Hi all,
Reading the LN i have been puzzled by one theme about Jeanne's character: during the battle against Durandal-Jeanne (2nd Volume), Kinji says she uses 'ancient' Japanese words to talk.
OK, these are my questions:
1) Does he refer to the word's meaning as ancient, or to something referring different Japanese letters (who knows, katakana vs Kanji, i don't know an inch about Japanese)?

2)Does she talk in an ancient manner only during this battle and after, when she guides the Bandire meeting, or this is her common way of speaking?

I know it isn't so important, but these are the little curiosities that make the novel even flavourful :)
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Re: Jeanne's way of speaking

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Her way of speaking is more formal, though it isn't really ancient by any stretch. The idiot who translated it took it a little too literally, I think. But it's not a more modern, casual way of speaking, certainly.

Also, it's especially sprung during this particular conversation, but not much more than normal.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

Thank you for your proper answer, the use of word 'ancient' seemed odd to me too. :)
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

I apology for using this same thread to ask a completely different question, but i think it's a waste of space opening a new thread only for it.

About Hysteria Mode:

when Kinji is transforming, he says his blood is 'concentrating into the core of his body'. Does he mean the heart or the brain?
InfamousSoul
Mikuru's Master

Post by InfamousSoul »

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it's literally the center. The core of your body is below your diaphragm, near your tummy.
Don't regret what you have done, for when you do it's all over. You have limitless potential; strive to be the best you can be.
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by lostotaku »

raffreddato wrote: About Hysteria Mode:

when Kinji is transforming, he says his blood is 'concentrating into the core of his body'. Does he mean the heart or the brain?

I interpret it as around the chest, heart area. that what it sounds like, especially when he is trying to control it
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
Anonymous192
Mikuru's Master

Post by Anonymous192 »

It could probably be either, but in my opinion, it could just mean his general chest area, not a specific organ.

Anonymous 192
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

I have never seen it in this way, but i think you are right that Kinji means the center of his body itself. Thank you
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

If you've watched the anime and some parts of the novel, HSS has something to do with the hormones and blood - hence it is the heart.

Also, Jeanne is a pretty interesting character, although Fuuma makes me more curious.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

MineRiko wrote:If you've watched the anime and some parts of the novel, HSS has something to do with the hormones and blood - hence it is the heart.

Also, Jeanne is a pretty interesting character, although Fuuma makes me more curious.
I agree with Riko on the HSS thing.

And currently, the most interesting character for me is Kaname.
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

Rohan123 wrote:

To me, Kaname is just one clingy but kawaii girl.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

MineRiko wrote:
Rohan123 wrote:

To me, Kaname is just one clingy but kawaii girl.
She's interesting to me because I still don't know her relationship with Kinji, I mean the reason as to why she regards him as her brother.
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

Lol

I've read the part, but don't wanna spoil it.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

MineRiko wrote:Lol

I've read the part, but don't wanna spoil it.
If you do, sh#t would go down. :evil:
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by raffreddato »

MineRiko wrote: To me, Kaname is just one clingy but kawaii girl.
I like Kaname not because she is cute (in that aspect i prefer Aria :) ), but for her twisted personality: she acts a lot to bother her Onii-chan morally and physically to overcome all the Baskerville girls she hates, but in the end she gives me the impression she wants to live a normal life, just like Kinji (and whatever will be the future, or will the author decide if you like, for me they ARE brothers). I just hate her videogames' tastes, but this is Riko's fault, who leaves these kinds of games at Ki-kun's place :evil:.

BTW, a general thought about the HnA series: I would like a bit more 'shipping', the 'all girls vs Kinji' theme at the start is funny, but poor Muto...will he ever reach to date Shirayuki? (Don't dare answer me, this isn't a spoiler request, just my imagination).

Return to “Hidan no Aria”