Hidan no Aria is licensed in English

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Hidan no Aria is licensed in English

Post by KuroiHikari »

With the release of Volume 1 in drm-free ebook formats by Digital Manga Guild under Digital Manga Inc, this series is now considered licensed.

You may purchase it here: https://www.emanga.com/detail?itemid=1340

And, takedown has been accomplished. Thank you for understanding.
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Re: Hidan no Aria is licensed.

Post by MineRiko »

Argh, how sad.

I think I'll move to another project... Thanks to all readers, translators and editors.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
tharael89
Astral Realm

Post by tharael89 »

do we know the publishing schedule? one every ** months?
tsuchiura
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by tsuchiura »

Dang, was planning to work on this after I was done with Date a Live... :( guess i'll have to make do with chinese TLs...
3 prong translator with the speed of a munchlax. Translating from both Chinese fansubs and JP raws.
I write random stuff too, on occasion.

Completed projects: Date A Live Volume 7: Chapter 6, 7
Working on: Date A Live Volume 7: Chapter 8, 10
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

If someone finds that it is similar to the ones already on BT (PM me if you wanna check), I'm ready to sue them. And I don't even know if the authors knows about the license, because this publisher is really small and notorious for inappropriate stuff...
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

MineRiko wrote:If someone finds that it is similar to the ones already on BT (PM me if you wanna check), I'm ready to sue them. And I don't even know if the authors knows about the license, because this publisher is really small and notorious for inappropriate stuff...
The preview there only covers the 'colour' pages (rather stupidly), but the translation of those pages when I glanced at it was different enough to what was translated on the illustration page on the wiki. Granted what was translated there was... pretty literal, so a few seconds of 'Englishifying' it would possibly produce that. Haven't cared enough to register and buy a copy since I honestly haven't heard of this mob before, so just assumed something suspicious was going on.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by leonardunitylim »

This makes no sense. When was there ever an announcement about a license for HnA?

EDIT : DMG is a joke. From what i see on their website, it doesn't even count as a License. They just popped in and claim that they are the ones translating HnA to english. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Oh yea, in their "LIST", Kampfer is getting "Licensed by them as well"
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

denormative wrote:
MineRiko wrote:If someone finds that it is similar to the ones already on BT (PM me if you wanna check), I'm ready to sue them. And I don't even know if the authors knows about the license, because this publisher is really small and notorious for inappropriate stuff...
The preview there only covers the 'colour' pages (rather stupidly), but the translation of those pages when I glanced at it was different enough to what was translated on the illustration page on the wiki. Granted what was translated there was... pretty literal, so a few seconds of 'Englishifying' it would possibly produce that. Haven't cared enough to register and buy a copy since I honestly haven't heard of this mob before, so just assumed something suspicious was going on.
they even cut the images and the cover is really bland.
it would have been better to keep the original.

still yours pdf are the best :)

wouldn't be possible to continue the translation? maybe deleting only the 3-4 volumes after the last english pubished. this way fans don't have to wait 8 years to read the english translation. after all with the licensed translation it's normal to lose the local atmospher (like suffix).
fan translations after all are what make a product known to the world.

one last thing. was there a deleting request from DMG? if not it should be possible to keep the translation until the request
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by leonardunitylim »

Guest wrote:
wouldn't be possible to continue the translation? maybe deleting only the 3-4 volumes after the last english pubished. this way fans don't have to wait 8 years to read the english translation. after all with the licensed translation it's normal to lose the local atmospher (like suffix).
fan translations after all are what make a product known to the world.

one last thing. was there a deleting request from DMG? if not it should be possible to keep the translation until the request

That's the thing that YoakeHikari was talking about. This group is not well known and who knows what they might do. They might totally skip the notifying part in taking down the translation and head straight to a law suit case where Baka-tsuki is blamed for "Copying their translation and infringing the licensing rights"
Whitecloud
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Whitecloud »

well....im not keen on talking bad about other but, there are some rumor they just copy pasting other people even fan made translation, with really minor change, then claim it as their own...some said when you read their book it sometimes look like not being made by professional translator at all... :evil:

about the license...is there is no way we could know if they really have it? for all it is they could just claim it, while still in negotiating process...whether they succeed or not they just put it there for the sake of it (or maybe they could just publish it without the author knowing?)

i guess...the most we can do is to publish it in blog? like the kind of Na**De**
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I also took a look at their site and it looks like they say they "licensed" only volumes one through three, I wonder if we could do what is being done for Shakugan no Shana where we have synopsis only for the first three to six volumes and keep up on the current releases since we don't know of they even plan on doing any more than three volumes.
Falco00
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Falco00 »

So bummed. :cry:

I just started reading this and was getting into it. Can't believe it's gone.
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by lostotaku »

Well bugger, just when the translation was beginning to pick up speed again :(

I guess I will hold on to the pdf's I’ve downloaded till they catch up.
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
5thDog
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hidan no Aria had been released in English

Post by 5thDog »

This doesn't look very official....hmmm....

time to wait 500 years to finish reading this....if they even finish it...
Guest wrote:I also took a look at their site and it looks like they say they "licensed" only volumes one through three, I wonder if we could do what is being done for Shakugan no Shana where we have synopsis only for the first three to six volumes and keep up on the current releases since we don't know of they even plan on doing any more than three volumes.
I hope....
MineRiko
Project Translator

Re: Hidan no Aria had been released in English

Post by MineRiko »

I'm going to do some business underground. Don't worry, nobody except me will be the scapegoat :P

Well, I'll see how they're doing. If they do it pretty fast, I'll move from a translator to pirate. There, you just saw my dark mode.

Anyway, we'll see in the future...

Return to “Hidan no Aria”