Hidan no Aria is licensed in English

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Re: Hidan no Aria is licensed in English

Post by MineRiko »

royaloyalz wrote:Aww shucks.

I am still wondering if I should buy volume 1 to see if the translation standards are any good. Has anyone bought a copy from them yet? Any comments on the quality of the translation?

I don't mind supporting them if it helps the author, and I also feel happy that HnA is getting more recognition, but I can't help but feel saddened that this project is being abandoned.

Is a trend starting? First it was SAO, then this came about. Where did you read that it was going to translate the first 3 volumes as of now?

Also, looking at what they usually translate isn't really encouraging.
They shot down the ones that were selling well in China ><

I am personally sad that this was abandoned because I didn't do much of my part, but I guess there's more chances in the future. And if it sells well, there might be a paperback, which is pretty good since not many can get the ebooks.

They better not drop the series though. Otherwise they just gave us false hope.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
raffreddato
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by raffreddato »

Do you think they will sell a paper version of HnA? I would like so much to see that novel on my bookshelf... :P
Seriously, what kind of ugly videogame is 'My Sister is a Goth Lolita'? A title like 'My Sister is a Tsundere' would be a lot more fascinating. Moreover, i could lend MY sister to the game designers as a specimen o_o
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

raffreddato wrote:Do you think they will sell a paper version of HnA? I would like so much to see that novel on my bookshelf... :P
Someone checked with them on Twitter and they will only sell it in hardcopy if the softcopy sells well.

My take is, probably not.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

MineRiko wrote:
raffreddato wrote:Do you think they will sell a paper version of HnA? I would like so much to see that novel on my bookshelf... :P
Someone checked with them on Twitter and they will only sell it in hardcopy if the softcopy sells well.

My take is, probably not.
Have they already published the first volume?
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Bungaku Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

Rohan123 wrote: Have they already published the first volume?
No they have not.
Currently the personal editor to the cat.
~sirgoodguy the Freelance Editor, Typeset, Timer, Translator... Etc... Also a Chef and Computer Nerd... oh and part time artist.~
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

sirgoodguy wrote:
Rohan123 wrote: Have they already published the first volume?
No they have not.
Wasn't the first volume already out in ebook format?
Call me Nurin!

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Guys, read the first post.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

that's why I asked, I thought that could be that I'm with my head hurting and etc... but I think I wasn't wrong :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Unknown
Astral Realm

Post by Unknown »

Just out of curiosity what would happen if hidan no aria was dropped by DMG? Could baka-tsuki keep translation without fear of copyright infringement from DMG, or the would the novel be completely lost.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Unknown wrote:Just out of curiosity what would happen if hidan no aria was dropped by DMG? Could baka-tsuki keep translation without fear of copyright infringement from DMG, or the would the novel be completely lost.
If DMG were to drop HnA, then B-T could resume translating it, as that was the case with Shakugan no Shana too.
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

Yes, definitely.

I don't know what happened to SnS, but I'll still keep a lookout on HnA.
rautes
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rautes »

The worst part of all is that here in Brazil, as far as I know, there are NO light novels being brought over, and I know for a fact that there are way less mangas translated here than in the US, even though Brazil has the biggest colony of japaneses outside of Japan (goes figure why there are so few even though a shitload of people like them...) it's pretty much impossible to read any light novels if not online, and it always saddens me when I see that a project from BT has to be dropped because someone over there licenced it there and therefore make you guys at BT take it down even though that is the only way for many people outside of Japan, not only the US or Brazil, to read them...
What I wanted to say is that it sucks because the translations never reach over here and I'd really hope for tehre to be a way for us to continue reading it on BT, but I'm not naive enough to believe you guys can keep it even facing potential lawsuits, so in the end thank you all for your hard work translations not only this, but all of the other works on BT, you guys really make my day when I see a LN I read has been updated =D

PS: I really suck at writting, I can't convey sh*t...
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

HnA is only released in digital format and it is not region locked.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

rautes wrote:The worst part of all is that here in Brazil, as far as I know, there are NO light novels being brought over, and I know for a fact that there are way less mangas translated here than in the US, even though Brazil has the biggest colony of japaneses outside of Japan (goes figure why there are so few even though a shitload of people like them...) it's pretty much impossible to read any light novels if not online, and it always saddens me when I see that a project from BT has to be dropped because someone over there licenced it there and therefore make you guys at BT take it down even though that is the only way for many people outside of Japan, not only the US or Brazil, to read them...
What I wanted to say is that it sucks because the translations never reach over here and I'd really hope for tehre to be a way for us to continue reading it on BT, but I'm not naive enough to believe you guys can keep it even facing potential lawsuits, so in the end thank you all for your hard work translations not only this, but all of the other works on BT, you guys really make my day when I see a LN I read has been updated =D

PS: I really suck at writting, I can't convey sh*t...
The chances of we having something released here on Brazil are very low, since they don't have proof that it'll sell, putting the mangas aside, they have no interest in bringing books(Light novel) to Brazil because it's based more on text, the Brazilian are the people who got more bored in the world with reading, if you go see, every book drops it sells if have more than 2 volumes, are rare exceptions, but in general this is how the Brazilians are. :P
Call me Nurin!

Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

And, technically speaking, the future of the series seems bleak even for english releases. They "published" volume 1 in mid-august of last year and now, half a year later, not only they haven't published the second one, they haven't even started to sell the print edition of the first.

Return to “Hidan no Aria”