Hidan no Aria is licensed in English

General discussion related to Hidan no Aria

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Whitecloud
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hidan no Aria has been released in English

Post by Whitecloud »

Hooray.....thank rikooo
Feymeryl
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Hidan no Aria is licensed in English

Post by Feymeryl »

I know DM because they "saved" Elemental Gelade, but digital only. Great for the older fans who started with the Tokyopop releases and are left with an incomplete manga on their shelves. *sarcasm*
Hearing about this same company taking up HnA light novel, out of nowhere, did not make me happy. At all.

I tried asking them a lot of times for a printed Elemental Gelade, but all they say is, that the digital version needs to sell well in order to have a chance of print. But yeah...Thing is, I don't think people like to buy digital only if what they want is printed material. They do keep telling me that digital sales are growing more popular, but I can't help but be a bit skeptic about that. Digital books and manga might be getting slightly popular, but I think the majority still likes it better to have printed books in their hands. I do read some digital books, but only if I can't get it otherwise (library, no physical copies etc) and I really, reaaaaallly want to read said book. Still, doesn't feel the same when I finally do get my hands on a physical copy.

Only the first three volumes were licensed by DM? Hmm, wonder what that'll mean...

I'm so glad Yen Press took Accel World and SAO for that matter, since they're going to be printed releases.
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by leonardunitylim »

Not supporting the original. It is a waste of space on my Kindle. I'd rather support translators in here (Baka-Tsuki). I will buy a volume of HnA to see comparison in quality though.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Oh, don't support BT. Technically, we're stealing from them authors.
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

KuroiHikari wrote:Oh, don't support BT. Technically, we're stealing from them authors.
LolOLoLolOL no that's not what i meant. What i meant is that i would rather support the ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS from BT rather than those from DmG . My bad if i put it badly :?
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

No, really, in that case, don't support BT. Authors get zero from us.
I really feel people are getting too comfy with BT as a free reading source.
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

KuroiHikari wrote:No, really, in that case, don't support BT. Authors get zero from us.
I really feel people are getting too comfy with BT as a free reading source.
Not exactly true though. Think of it this way. Some really are offloading free reads from BT but other readers intended to take up the native language because of the exposure of the novels from BT . Hence, there are chances that those readers will buy the books themselves to read. *POOF* profit to authors (i did purchase a straight heads of 7 volumes of Madan no Ou to Vanadis Novels and bought the beginners for hiragana and katakana... Next up is kanji and HnA full volumes D=... Gonna go broke lol). In the way you put it, BT is technically the same as DmG. The only difference is that DmG IS PROFITING from the translation and not giving any cents back to the author. So which one is worse? I'd support BT over some crap like DmG anyday
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

DMG is shared revenue-system between freelancers, Jp publishers and DM Inc. It's an attempt at bringing more series outside of Japan legally.
Let's face it: The market size of people buying English version is and will be greater than that of people shipping some Japanese books.
Note that DMG titles are not region lock, so they really are just aiming for the widest possible market audience.

BT's quality isn't exactly good either, in fact, BT's quality is largely inconsistent, except stuff done by the regular folks like js06.
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

KuroiHikari wrote:DMG is shared revenue-system between freelancers, Jp publishers and DM Inc. It's an attempt at bringing more series outside of Japan legally.
Let's face it: The market size of people buying English version is and will be greater than that of people shipping some Japanese books.
Note that DMG titles are not region lock, so they really are just aiming for the widest possible market audience.

BT's quality isn't exactly good either, in fact, BT's quality is largely inconsistent, except stuff done by the regular folks like js06.
Well now that you've put it this way ... i have nothing to refute back LOL. Well, even if the quality is not up to par for some expert native japanese language-ers (Is this even a word ?), it is still an appreciated work for readers who do not understand the language, (Lets say this D=) too lazy to learn a new language which may take a few years, learning the language as a beginner and etc etc. Besides, is DmG even legit? I know they are under DmP and all but i don't see how DmG is related to DmP. Not from what i see here http://www.dmpbooks.com/links/
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

http://manga.about.com/od/mangaeditorsi ... ishing.htm
DMG is under DM Inc, the same way DMP is.
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

I support them.

I'm hoping they can do a volume by 1-2 months...?

But anyway, I'm now moving around in Baka-Tsuki, so do come to my blog and suggest a project.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
leonardunitylim
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Ow...The burns.....Well just hope so that they do not drop a project halfway when they've decided to take it up themselves.
dab5621
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD and most other harem LN's. Cause there funny . +(^_^)+

Post by dab5621 »

:!: :!: ...............................My favorite novel abandoned
(T_T)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Can't wait to get my hands on the DMG version though. Just to see If the rumors are true.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by royaloyalz »

Aww shucks.

I am still wondering if I should buy volume 1 to see if the translation standards are any good. Has anyone bought a copy from them yet? Any comments on the quality of the translation?

I don't mind supporting them if it helps the author, and I also feel happy that HnA is getting more recognition, but I can't help but feel saddened that this project is being abandoned.

Is a trend starting? First it was SAO, then this came about. Where did you read that it was going to translate the first 3 volumes as of now?

Also, looking at what they usually translate isn't really encouraging.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^

Return to “Hidan no Aria”