Toradora! (German)

You can speak in English or in German. / Ihr könnt euch auf Deutsch oder English unterhalten.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ako-kun
Astral Realm

Toradora! (German)

Post by Ako-kun »

Hi there Folks!
I want to start a German translation projet of Toradora! Thus, I don't know exactly what or how to do? So, is there someone, who puts up the project page on your site?
If there are some german members around I would appreciate further instructions and of course help for the translation! ^^
Thx in advance

Ako-kun
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Re: Toradora! German Translation Project!

Post by fiendmaw »

You should talk to one of the administrators and forward your intention,then you should translate a chapter,for starters,then the project goes live.
Good luck.
Ako-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Ako-kun »

Thx for help!
Janny
Astral Realm

Post by Janny »

German members?!>_>...<_<
He mans me!^0^
Yep, i'm german, but veeeeeeeeeeeeeery busy and so I'm sorry, but I won't have time to translate whole chapters. But if you have some questions wehnit comes to translating, I'll be of help to you.;)
Ako-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Ako-kun »

Ok so I'll give you the translation for beta-reading... but if you're that busy... Way to go for the 1st chapter...
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sorry, I cant help but notice... No1 mentioned that this should go into alternate language forums? That is where all non-English translation projects should be...

And welcome to B-T Ako-kun. More translators = more translations for B-T= more fans hopefully ^^ Hope you have fun in these forums.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Ako-kun
Astral Realm

Toradora! German Translation

Post by Ako-kun »

Hi there!
After I read the wonderful english translation of toradora so far, I thought I could give it try and translate it into german. So after "ShadowZeroHeart" I should post it in this part of the forum, now it is done! ^^
I would appreciate some help in what to do next (despite translation)!

Thx in advance

Ako-kun
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Toradora! German Translation

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Ako-kun wrote:Hi there!
After I read the wonderful english translation of toradora so far, I thought I could give it try and translate it into german. So after "ShadowZeroHeart" I should post it in this part of the forum, now it is done! ^^
I would appreciate some help in what to do next (despite translation)!

Thx in advance

Ako-kun
Basically, as long as someone starts translating it in the language, the project starts off. For english, we have to translate one chapter first and await approval for the project. In the case of other languages, I think it may be the same, but i cannot be sure
=X

Sadly, I can only understand Chinese and English, so I dont visit this part of the forums often enough to get all the details either.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Sirey
Astral Realm

Post by Sirey »

For english, we have to translate one chapter first and await approval for the project. In the case of other languages, I think it may be the same, but i cannot be sure.
For my German Project (SHnY) it was exactly the same^^ I'd advise you to look for some translators and Editors in advance, willing people are somewhat rare (or in my case busy with another novel ;P), and also to look at the various codes in the Wiki (like references to a "Translator's Note" Page, you'll need to add some more Notes in a English -> German Translation, because English seems to be useful to get Japanese Grammar-related jokes. German isn't.

Also i'd advise you to look for every thread or wiki-entry which says "Guideline".

That much from me... correct me if i'm wrong, it's like half a year already since i started ;P
Equinox
Astral Realm

Post by Equinox »

I will write in German, because it's easier for me and my remarks are addressed at the translators anyway.

Ihr solltet beim Übersetzen daran denken, dass nicht jedes englische Wort und jeder englische Satz wortwörtlich übersetzt werden muss. Schon die Einleitung auf der Startseite klingt für meinen Geschmack viel zu gekünstelt, so würde man normalerweise im Deutschen nicht schreiben. Neben der korrekten Wiedergabe des Inhalts, ist es auch wichtig in einem natürlichen Deutsch zu schreiben. Notfalls würde ich den Satz so lange umwandeln - der Sinn muss natürlich erhalten bleiben - bis er normal klingt.
Ako-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Ako-kun »

Das hab ich nach den ersten paar Absätzen auch gedacht und werd auch den Anfang nochmal ein bisschen überarbeiten. Aber die Einleitung find ich so gekünstelt besser, schließlich klingt sie auch im englischen ziemlich episch. Daher das etwas geschwollene Deutsch in der Einleitung. ^^
Aber danke trotzdem für den Rat!
Equinox
Astral Realm

Post by Equinox »

Das meinte ich gar nicht mal. Die Übersetzung klingt ein wenig so, als ob die englische Satzstellung und Wortwahl unbedingt erhalten bleiben sollte.

Beispielsweise diese Stelle hier: "However, there is one thing that torments him" wurde zu "Wie auch immer, ist da eine Sache die ihn quält". Meiner Meinung nach wäre es hier besser das "However" nicht buchstäblich zu übersetzen, sondern einfach Folgendes zu schreiben: "Aber da gibt es eine Sache die ihn belastet". Anderes Beispiel, das "negative attitude". Ich bin kein native speaker und weiß daher nicht, ob diese Bezeichnung im Englischen wirklich gebräuchlich ist, aber im Deutschen würde ich im Fall von Taiga nicht von einer negativen Einstellung sprechen, sondern eher von einem schwierigen Charakter.

Ich denke es klingt besser wenn man sich ein paar Freiheiten bei der Übersetzung nimmt.
Sirey
Astral Realm

Post by Sirey »

So sieht's aus, denn der Leser will auch einen feinen Lesefluss haben, sonst liest er Englisch oder wartet auf die Offiziellen Ausgaben in seinem Land...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ich habs ja jetzt schon auf englisch gelesen, weil die Übersetzung dort ja schon um einige Bücher weiter ist und ich es bevorzuge ein Buch im ganzen zu lesen, aber ich schaetze ich wuerde auch mit zu denen gehören die viel zu sehr das englische direkt (wortwoertlich) übersetzen würden. (Ist mir schon beim Übersetzungsprojekt für das FFH2 Civ4Mods aufgefallen, einfach weil ich den Text (und Stil) so originalgetreu wie möglich erhalten möchte.) Ich haette zwar Zeit, aber bei meiner Motivation wuerde ich da denn doch nich besonders weit mit irgendwelchen Übersetzungen kommen.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “German”