Spanish ZNT

You can speak in English or in Spanish. / Podéis hablar en Inglés o en Español.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Re: Spanish ZNT

Post by Smidge204 »

The problem is you stopped reading too soon:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... te:PREVIEW
Warning: This translation is considered a PREVIEW Script.

Be warned that the degree of translation error may be higher than usual due to the translation speed employed.

This script is classified as a preview due to:

* Machine Translation employed.
* The script was registered to another translator

If machine translation was employed, be warned that the degree of translation error may be higher than usual due to the translation speed employed.

For further information regarding machine preview scripts, please read the Guidelines: Machine translations
Now unless the translator in question has finally graduated into a real translator, he actually has not been meeting the requirements at all.
=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:The problem is you stopped reading too soon:
What I quoted was the preview tag not the preview template
Smidge204 wrote:Now unless the translator in question has finally graduated into a real translator, he actually has not been meeting the requirements at all.
=Smidge=
What requirement are you talking about?

This one: "2) Script need to be consulted with a Human translator who can conduct a general proofing with the original raws used for it. (in the same language used, if possible )"?

Then I will quote Oni about this point:
onizuka-gto wrote:I suppose what i meant is that we just make sure that the preview script doesn't go out quite so mangled, i mean bablefish in particular can be really really strange when it comes out.

I guess what we need to do for the previews is grab Sushi-Y's summary pf ZNT chapters/volumes with that the English Editors can go thought it and make sure nothing seems out of place.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Vaelis wrote:What I quoted was the preview tag not the preview template
Which says "Please read Template:PREVIEW for further information."
Vaelis wrote:What requirement are you talking about?
It's not a question of being "out of place" - it's a question of the translation being inaccurate. And again you have stopped reading too early:
Onizuka-GTO wrote:However if it's done by "Atlas" which has been looked over by some of our Editors and translators, it only needs one or two passes, and the accuracy is acceptable.

That's the minimum standard we have to get to, and babblefish the free online translator, is unfortunately quite bad compared to "Atlas".
I do not believe any of the recent additions have been reviewed by translators prior to being posted, and they still need to be labeled as "Preview" because they are machine translations that have not been reviewed. Hence, they are not meeting the requirements.
=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:I do not believe any of the recent additions have been reviewed by translators prior to being posted, and they still need to be labeled as "Preview" because they are machine translations that have not been reviewed. Hence, they are not meeting the requirements.
=Smidge=
So I'm asking again: what's the problem?
They are previews and have a preview tag...
Didn't you read what I quoted?
Personally I give up so you can continue to believe whatever you want.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Vaelis wrote:So I'm asking again: what's the problem? They are previews and have a preview tag...
They do not have preview tags. That's the problem.

=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:
Vaelis wrote:So I'm asking again: what's the problem? They are previews and have a preview tag...
They do not have preview tags. That's the problem.

=Smidge=
They have preview tag at the beginning of the chapter... That's enough.
For the "~preview~" on the main page, I asked Onizuka-GTO before removing them. The guideline was done thinking that the "machine translations" would be replace by a "human translations" but it's not the case.

When people see "~preview~" they think it's a partial translation when it's in fact a complete translation with less accuracy -> that's why the "~preview~" were removed from the main page.
When they open the page they can see it's a preview and what it means.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

*sigh*

No. Not all of the sections that are machine translated have the {{template:PREVIEW}} tag in them.

They are unmarked.
=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:No. Not all of the sections that are machine translated have the {{template:PREVIEW}} tag in them.
Ah yes, the tag for vol 4 chapter 2 was missing (and for vol 6 chapter 6 but the preview isn't complete).
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator

Post by Macko Darlack »

sorry (I just read this post), but... was what the quarrel about? I didn't get it... :roll:
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Hi, sorry about that.

Basically, portions of ZnT were translated from Japanese to English using computer software. To my knowledge nobody has verified the accuracy of these translations.

Just wanted to make sure you knew this, if you plan on using the English version as the basis for your Spanish translation. Chapters that have a "Preview" banner at the top may not be translated properly.
=Smidge=
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator

Post by Macko Darlack »

jejeje, thx for your advise :D . until now I've read 4 volumes, and they have no errors (well, a bit of mispelling sometimes). now when I translate, I'm gonna check whether it is goor or not, and if possible arrange it. and well, yes, I'm aware of that ~Preview~ banner. let me tell you that I also thought that meant "a portion/part of"... since I know preview is that, guess it also applies for that :mrgreen:

well, thx! c'ya!

Return to “Spanish”