Spanish ZNT

You can speak in English or in Spanish. / Podéis hablar en Inglés o en Español.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Spanish ZNT

Post by onizuka-gto »

Hello,

I've been notified about someone who wish to start a Spanish ZNT translation, you can see it on the wiki.

however s/he has told me that a Spanish fan-translation of the first volume is available from here:

http://www.menudo-fansub.com/novelas/ac ... kaima1.php

I've been looking around for a contact address or something, because i was wondering if they will allow us to host the first volume.

But I can't seem to be able to find it.

if anyone can read spanish please, can youplease help me contact a member of their staff?

if they agree then that'll be a great honour for us, if not....well i guess volume 0ne willhave to be translated again.
think of it as a better chance to polish your English -> Spanish skillz.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Spanish ZNT

Post by Vaelis »

I'm 90-95% certain that it has been done using the english translation of Baka-Tsuki.

And with this message http://www.menudo-fansub.com/foro/viewt ... t=10#p3052 I think I'm right.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote:I'm 90-95% certain that it has been done using the english translation of Baka-Tsuki.

And with this message http://www.menudo-fansub.com/foro/viewt ... t=10#p3052 I think I'm right.
oh really?

Funny, i don't remember asking us if they can use the translations...
I also had a look at the pdf i downloaded, it also doesn't mention anything about baka-tsuki......

hmm...

well, I take your word for it Vaelis, if they have a problem they can contact me about it.

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:Funny, i don't remember asking us if they can use the translations...
Baka-Tsuki translation:
Chapter 4: Ball of Frigg
Chapter 8: Forego ball
In japanese and chinese raw it's the same name -> Ball of Frigg (I have edit it yesterday)
Spanish translation
Chapter 4: Baile de Frigg
Chapter 8: Baile de Forego

It can't be a coincidence ^^

Baka-Tsuki translation:
Chapter 3: Unable to see out of his swollen shut left eye, he checked his arm with his left
In japanese and chinese raw it's: Unable to see out of his swollen shut left eye, he checked his arm with his right eye (I have edit it yesterday)
Spanish translation:
Chapter 3: Incapaz de verse el brazo por su hinchado ojo izquierdo, lo examino con la mano izquierda -> izquierdo/izquierda=left

I have checked a lot of things and it's exactly the same every times.

By the way, they also have a spanish translation of Suzumiya Haruhi: http://www.menudo-fansub.com/novelas/se ... zumiya.php
In the download page, Baka-Tsuki is mentioned faintly: http://www.menudo-fansub.com/novelas/ac ... uuutsu.php
Traducción: capitan_spiff
Texto: Baka-Tsuki

But no mention of Baka-Tsuki in the pdf.
The translation has certainly be done using the baka-tsuki english translation.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:Funny, i don't remember asking us if they can use the translations...
Baka-Tsuki translation:
Chapter 4: Ball of Frigg
Chapter 8: Forego ball
In japanese and chinese raw it's the same name -> Ball of Frigg (I have edit it yesterday)
Spanish translation
Chapter 4: Baile de Frigg
Chapter 8: Baile de Forego

It can't be a coincidence ^^

Baka-Tsuki translation:
Chapter 3: Unable to see out of his swollen shut left eye, he checked his arm with his left
In japanese and chinese raw it's: Unable to see out of his swollen shut left eye, he checked his arm with his right eye (I have edit it yesterday)
Spanish translation:
Chapter 3: Incapaz de verse el brazo por su hinchado ojo izquierdo, lo examino con la mano izquierda -> izquierdo/izquierda=left

I have checked a lot of things and it's exactly the same every times.

By the way, they also have a spanish translation of Suzumiya Haruhi: http://www.menudo-fansub.com/novelas/se ... zumiya.php
In the download page, Baka-Tsuki is mentioned faintly: http://www.menudo-fansub.com/novelas/ac ... uuutsu.php
Traducción: capitan_spiff
Texto: Baka-Tsuki

But no mention of Baka-Tsuki in the pdf.
The translation has certainly be done using the baka-tsuki english translation.
Thanks for checking vaelis,

I guess if they been translating SHnY from us, then i suppose its not far off that they would do the same for ZNT.

then again, maybe it was them who did our Spanish translation for SHnY? <- check Wiki ->

..or maybe not.

Forgot Sebke, was the one who started the Spanish translation, so unless s/he's part of the group, don't think so.

oh well, doesn't matter. our translations is ours, and their translations are...also ours!

:p

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

How nice, the Spanish group member Pinguino has just got in contact with me about the SHnY/ZNT translation:
First of all, i would like to say thank you for all the hard work. Really. I think baka-tsuki it's a huge project that requires a lot of work and patience... and we realize that we haven't helped you at all. That's why i've write this MP as soon as i noticed the post linked before.

The reason we totally forgot to ask you permission is simply because we're lazy and careless. It's all our fault. We first started with the Suzumiya novels, but the first volume took the translator like 3 or 4 months to translate. When he started, we (well, the admins at that time) agreed to make credits to baka-tsuki in the final PDF that contained the whole volume. But, it took so long to complete that... we forgot. Plus, at that time, the fansub was just beginning to exist, so really nobody noticed that we missed that. Then we started the second volume at a higher speed, little by little we went known by the spanish readers ('cause we're almost the only fansub that translates novels), then came the third volume and the ZnT novels... and we screwed up by forgetting about you.

That's why we apologize sincerely. Like i said, it's all our fault.

So, as soon as possible (probably next week; it's now a hard time because of the university tests), we're going to release a 2.0 version of all the novel volumes that give credit to the baka-tsuki project, and we'll add the link in the webpage aswell. If you want something more, please let us know. And sorry again; we didn't do that on purpose (actually, each time we were asked in the forum, we linked you freely; you can see it in the post). We owe you a lot, indeed :P.

Bye!

P.S. Wow! It's been ages since the last time i wrote in english. Please excuse me if i made any big mistake. I'm a much better reader that writer.
It's nice to know the reason. :)

thanks Pinguino!

@Onizukademongto
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator

Post by Macko Darlack »

hello! my first post, i guess :D

well, i only have to say that i am HE (sorry for not saying it, onizuka :D ). i'm doing job with ZnT in Spanish

:mrgreen: C' ya!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Macko Darlack wrote:hello! my first post, i guess :D

well, i only have to say that i am HE (sorry for not saying it, onizuka :D ). i'm doing job with ZnT in Spanish

hello Marco!

Thanks for dropping a message and good luck with the translation! ZNT banzai! :D

@Onizukademongto
Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator

Post by Macko Darlack »

thanks! and, by the way, it is "Macko".. :D

Isekaijin
Astral Realm

Post by Isekaijin »

Well, this is my first time being here (In the forum, I mean) but I would like to help translating the novels of Zero no Tsukaima, in Spanish. But I have no idea how to register myself. Can anyone help please?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Steps to Register youself:

1) Go to the main wiki (baka-tsuki.net)
2) Top right of the page, there is an account bar. Login or create an Account following those steps.
3) Now that you have an account, go to the main page, and follow the link for the Spanish ZnT link, then the register link.
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... %C3%B1ola)
4) Go to the top of the page, and you will see these small wiki tabs.
"Article" "Discussion" "Edit" etc. Click on "Edit." Then scroll down to the chapter you want to translate. Put your name in with this format, next to the chapter you will do.
[[user:your-user-name]]
5) You are registered ^_^
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Just so you know, large portions of ZnT have been translated by computer software and have yet to be verified by human eyes. Unfortunately the person doing this has not been marking his contributions properly so it's something of a guessing game as to what's machine translated and what's human translated.

Just be aware that the accuracy of the translation is suspect.
=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:Unfortunately the person doing this has not been marking his contributions properly so it's something of a guessing game as to what's machine translated and what's human translated.
When it's a preview there is a preview tag at the beginning of the chapter :roll:
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Maybe you should read the text of the preview tag.

=Smidge=
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Smidge204 wrote:Maybe you should read the text of the preview tag.

=Smidge=
Warning: This translation is considered a PREVIEW Script.

Be warned that the degree of translation error may be higher than usual due to the translation speed employed.
Please read Template:PREVIEW for further information.
What's the problem?
I told Oni to replace "translation speed" by "translation method" but he didn't do it.

Return to “Spanish”