ZnT Spanish Translation [Queries]

You can speak in English or in Spanish. / Podéis hablar en Inglés o en Español.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Macko Darlack
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

ZnT Spanish Translation [Queries]

Post by Macko Darlack »

Hi! Me again :D

well, while translating Vol. 2 Chap 6. I found a word which I don't know, nor the dictionary... here's is the paragraph and the word in bold:

“Geez...what a laidback guy. Can’t tell me anything he’s thinking about.” Fouquet spoke silently in disgust.

it happens as soon as Wardes dissapears.

thx!
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Re: ZnT Spanish Translation [Queries]

Post by Smidge204 »

It's supposed to be hyphenated: laid-back

It means relaxed and easy-going.
=Smidge=
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

well, thx :) have it clear now :D

and an off-topic question, for those who have read the novels and watched the anime:

In the anime, the first season, the fourth chapter is entitled "The Crisis of the Maid", sth like that... and it is where Siesta is 'hired' by Count Motte and Saito goes to rescue her... Well, my question is: Does this happen in the novels?? If so, in what part (novel) it occurs??

Thx!
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

Season 1, episode 4 of the anime is a filler episode...

as in...its not in the novels (sorry :P)

actually...the anime has alot of filler episodes...
hell, the third season is like 90% filler lame comedy and boob jokes....and 10% actual plot from the novels... :(
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

oh, I wanted to hear that... :D
Spoiler! :
I'm making up a ZnT Game, taking the summary of the series (it'll follow 13 stages, one per episode), but as the series are tooooooooo short, I'm completing it with the whole story of the novels :) but I didn't know whether Ep. 4 was part of the novels or not... and was kinda stopped :roll:
thnk u very mux!!! that really helped a lot!! :mrgreen:
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

well, here I come with another question...:
The Dragon's Raiment is a Zero Fighter (Mitsubishi A6M Zero). While translating to Spanish, I don't know how to translate "fighter". I found out that the translation for this in Spanish is "caza". Is it right to write "El Caza Zero"?? Do you agree with that?
Xorius
Astral Realm

Post by Xorius »

It would be hard for us to judge since I personally have no clue of the spanish language.

But the point is the plane itself is called Zero. Kind of like how we would call the F-22 the Raptor kind of thing.

We add Zero fighter (note the non capital 'f' in fighter) to tell what it is, and it is not part of the pronoun of the plane so to speak.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

well, I looked it up at wikiped and for this plane it is used the 'F'; however, when referring not to a specific one, it is used the 'f'. maybe wikiped isn't the brightest site to consult, but i leave the entry for this here. but, to make it easier... the role of these planes was the same as the little ones airships' in star wars??? i mean, like scouts but attacking??
Spoiler! :
and an off-topic question:
how would it be the japanese form/translation for
This is my tribute to Nodame Cantabile ???
is "kore wa watashi no mitugi ni Nodame Kantabire desu" right?
(これ は 私 の 貢ぎ に のだめ カンタビレ です)
thx!!! :mrgreen:
Birdam
Astral Realm

Post by Birdam »

Macko Darlack wrote:well, here I come with another question...:
The Dragon's Raiment is a Zero Fighter (Mitsubishi A6M Zero). While translating to Spanish, I don't know how to translate "fighter". I found out that the translation for this in Spanish is "caza". Is it right to write "El Caza Zero"?? Do you agree with that?

The term "caza" is a correct one, which means fighter or combat airplane, the alternative "avión de combate" can be used too, however it's a more casual term.
Clead
Project Translator

Post by Clead »

Creo que "F-Zero" sería un buen nombre, de alguna forma el "caza Zero" no me acaba de gustar y además creo recordar que en algunas partes omiten lo de fighter y le llaman solo zero
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
··············"No where to run or hide I need, only somewhere to return."
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

@Birdam:
I thought the same way but '"avión de combate" is veeeery long....

@Clead:
bueno, puede ser también lo de "F-Zero", pero me queda en el aire la pronunciación: 'efe cero' ??? a mi me gusta más caza porque me hace acordar a los Cazas Imperiales de SW :lol: realmente un término difícil este ZF...
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

@Oni:
hi, Oni! well, I was reading a thread about another Spanish translation on B-T and I realised that indeed you've written "Versión Española". As I'm not from Spain, I think this doesn't goes much with my translation... Our spanish (I mean, latin-american spanish) is also known as "castellano", to differ from "Español". and I prefer "Versión Castellana" or "Versión en Español", at least... I'm not trying to cause you much trouble nor I have any dislike with our spanish friends, but is it easily possible to rename it? :D

Salu2!!!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmmm....

well, I can see your point.

But is the latin-american version of Spanish considered an official dialect?

That is because if it is not considered a dialect, such as the difference between Mandarin & Cantonese, but are both considered "Chinese".
where the difference makes them both officially considered as distinct dialect of the same language.

If it is not officially considered a dialect, then it will be difficult to justify doing so.
it'll be like labelling a page "American English" and "British English" which doesn't justify the distinction.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Macko Darlack

Post by Macko Darlack »

well, it is not like that what i meant... but if it causes too much trouble, don't mind about this...

but let me explain you... "Versión Española" strictly means "Version of Spain"... like in english it would be different to say "Norway Version" to "Norwegian Versión"... don't know if it is really like that, but sth like that... One means "Version of Norway" and the other "Version in Norwegian". the same happens with "Version Española". thus i prefer "Versión en Español" :D

but i repeat, if it is too troublesome, plz leave it like this. it is not that bad :) i was only wondering :)

c'ya!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

this reminds me when an American said: "why do we have ENGLISH language lessons?! Not like we are EVER going to ENGLAND!"
:roll:
The titles of the pages are mere there to tell people the language type it is in, it was not meant to be versions of specific countries. That is merely a by product of language evolution.

I'm sorry if you choose to interpret like that.

If you want, i can change it to say simply "Spanish version" in English, as to leave no doubt i simply meant this is the type of language and not a deliberate reference to any country.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Spanish”