Mahouka - Steeplechase Arc : Volume 13

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mahouka - Steeplechase Arc : Volume 13

Post by Ulrick »

I agree with you. But the translators have also other things to do. They probably could communicate a bit more about it.
My advice for you, read another novel while waiting for this one. Tokyo Ravens is part of those which are currently translated fastly. It's up to you to find one.
TriDent14
Kyonist

Post by TriDent14 »

As I said, I don't pressure anyone but like you said I too would like them to keep us updated about the translation progress.
I definitely going to read other novels, I have fallen in love with them, and that's why I started learning Japanese because there are so many good and untranslated
Japanese light novels that will probably never will be translated, and even the most popular ones get translated by 1 or 2 guys that can stop translating them any time any day.
So instead of depending on others, I decided to depend on myself and learn Japanese. Heck, maybe one day I will be the guy you will depend upon :wink:
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

TriDent14 wrote:So instead of depending on others, I decided to depend on myself and learn Japanese. Heck, maybe one day I will be the guy you will depend upon :wink:
I am also doing that. But for the moment, i can only learn by myself. I will try to have someoneteach me soon.
TriDent14
Kyonist

Post by TriDent14 »

You dont need a teacher to teach you a language. Actually, the standard learning methods aren't efficient at all.
You can ask people online to correct your grammar, writing and reading. You can even go to a language exchange site and talk to actual Japanese people through skype.
I dont know how you plan to learn Japanese, but there are plenty of material and people that will gladly help you.
There are plenty of various information from how to learn correctly and efficiently to actual Japanese learning material.
And so you know, if your main learning method is textbooks that focus on grammar then you are going the wrong way.
If you want me to give you a few tips and good sites just tell me, I researched a lot about how to learn a language efficiently and found a few resources to my liking.

Good luck :]
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well to begin wtih japanese grammer is... wel it has almost nothing to speak of as a grammer. The hardest thing to learn are the kanji, unfortunatelly this is just a lot of cramming. Well we will be depending on you once you learn it and start translating :).
darkgo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by darkgo »

Since translating is going slow I just want know one thing that is probably in the 10 pages of chapter 2 that is not translated yet,
I want to know if among player for competition is Tatsuya also chosen for one of event, beside being engineer?
Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Imladir »

I read somewhere (don't remember where though) that Tatsuya was only to be an engineer this year.
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

Imladir wrote:I read somewhere (don't remember where though) that Tatsuya was only to be an engineer this year.
I also read that somewhere. I can't remember where though cause I've been waiting a while for volume 13 to be finished(or at least chapter 2).
maqhusson
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Post by maqhusson »

japzone wrote:
Imladir wrote:I read somewhere (don't remember where though) that Tatsuya was only to be an engineer this year.
I also read that somewhere. I can't remember where though cause I've been waiting a while for volume 13 to be finished(or at least chapter 2).
Wait, so Tatsuya's not going to participate in the Steeplechase event?
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
popocatepetl
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by popocatepetl »

quote="Imladir"
I read somewhere (don't remember where though) that Tatsuya was only to be an engineer this year. I also read that somewhere. I can't remember where though cause I've been waiting a while for volume 13 to be finished(or at least chapter 2).

Another Quote:
Wait, so Tatsuya's not going to participate in the Steeplechase event?[/quote]
Spoiler! :
To answer your question, I have seen spoilers in other sites and they say that Tatsuya does not officially participate in the steeptlechase event because he is busy getting rid of some unwanted machine presences that will serve as obstacles for the other competitors i.e. he is in the event but hidden and fighting without being part of the competitors.
If only the finest birds in the forest dared sing, how quiet the forest would be.
-William W. Purkey
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

Spoiler! :
To answer your question, I have seen spoilers in other sites and they say that Tatsuya does not officially participate in the steeptlechase event because he is busy getting rid of some unwanted machine presences that will serve as obstacles for the other competitors i.e. he is in the event but hidden and fighting without being part of the competitors.
Wow, that's a shame, I was hoping that Tatsuya would participate when I first heard about it. (Sorry for asking, but I didn't read any translated chapter past 2 because I want to read it in order). But, anyways, thank you for answering ^_^.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
The_Great_Galendo
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The_Great_Galendo »

Not sure if this question should go in this thread or the TLC one, but I note that chapter 5, despite being most of the way translated, doesn't have anyone registered for it on the registration page. It also hasn't been updated in a while, leading me to wonder if whoever started working on it has the intention of finishing it.

The reason I ask is twofold. Partly because I have this vision of every potential translator sitting around waiting for it to be finished while the guy who started it is thinking, "Okay, I did my part, time for someone else to finish up -- that's why I removed my name from the registration page." An implicit miscommunication, if you will, which I'd sooner clear up than otherwise. The other reason is that, with only four pages left untranslated, I could probably finish it up if no one else was interested in doing so. I normally don't work on translations of stuff that isn't web-based, because my already slow translation speed becomes downright glacial when working offline, but for four pages I could probably make an exception.
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

The_Great_Galendo wrote:The other reason is that, with only four pages left untranslated, I could probably finish it up if no one else was interested in doing so. I normally don't work on translations of stuff that isn't web-based, because my already slow translation speed becomes downright glacial when working offline, but for four pages I could probably make an exception.
If you do get down to translating it, I would like to say thanks in advance ^_^, more Mahouka is a good thing. If not, at least you had the intention to.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
The_Great_Galendo
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The_Great_Galendo »

All right, since no one's jumping in to let me know that they're still working on it, and since I'm now caught up in the series, I'll start working on the last part of chapter five. Looking over the section, though, it's actually a bit longer than four pages (more like 6-7), which still isn't a massive amount but will likely take me a couple weeks, and that's assuming that I don't run into any snags.

So translation progress has resumed...just don't hold your breath.

Edit: I was going to register for chapter 5, but apparently I can't. Not sure why, but here's the error I get:
Spoiler! :
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:

This page has been protected to prevent editing or other actions.
Your username or IP address has been blocked. The block was made by DNSBL. The reason given is Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Baka-Tsuki..
Start of block: 13:44, 10 August 2014
Expiry of block: 13:44, 10 August 2014
Intended blockee: 24.49.193.167
You can contact DNSBL or another administrator to discuss the block. You cannot use the "email this user" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is [redacted for potential privacy issues], and the block ID is #. Please include all above details in any queries you make.
If anyone knows how to fix this, feel free to PM me. It's not a big deal -- I'm pretty certain that no one else is working on ch. 5 or likely to work on it in the near future -- but it's still strange.
SamuraiNCO
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SamuraiNCO »

The_Great_Galendo wrote:All right, since no one's jumping in to let me know that they're still working on it, and since I'm now caught up in the series, I'll start working on the last part of chapter five. Looking over the section, though, it's actually a bit longer than four pages (more like 6-7), which still isn't a massive amount but will likely take me a couple weeks, and that's assuming that I don't run into any snags.

So translation progress has resumed...just don't hold your breath.

Edit: I was going to register for chapter 5, but apparently I can't. Not sure why, but here's the error I get:
Spoiler! :
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:

This page has been protected to prevent editing or other actions.
Your username or IP address has been blocked. The block was made by DNSBL. The reason given is Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Baka-Tsuki..
Start of block: 13:44, 10 August 2014
Expiry of block: 13:44, 10 August 2014
Intended blockee: 24.49.193.167
You can contact DNSBL or another administrator to discuss the block. You cannot use the "email this user" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is [redacted for potential privacy issues], and the block ID is #. Please include all above details in any queries you make.
If anyone knows how to fix this, feel free to PM me. It's not a big deal -- I'm pretty certain that no one else is working on ch. 5 or likely to work on it in the near future -- but it's still strange.
Hmm, based on the error message it looks like an ip address issue. Have you tried again using another internet connection? DNS Black Lists can be a pain when using public or highly dynamic ip addresses.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”