Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

L_rz
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: MKnR

Re: Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

Post by L_rz »

This is a technical question and this topic is the most appropriate.

I have been asked, why Minoru's Magic has been classified in the LN as "Dispersion" and not as in the Manga "Emission". Well, I'm no tech expert but I go see "放出" in the BT LN Guidelines and I see "Disperse" and no "Emission" anywhere.

What would be your answer :?: If different from :idea: :arrow: "That's how it was setup for the LN in BT in the first place. And in the Manga... They have their own setup". please post. Thx :!:
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

xxdestinyzz wrote:Just asking if vol 14 chapter is still translating and will it be uploaded to the web?
If you look somewhere in this post there is a link where you can see the document for part 3 of chapter 3.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

L_rz wrote:This is a technical question and this topic is the most appropriate.

I have been asked, why Minoru's Magic has been classified in the LN as "Dispersion" and not as in the Manga "Emission". Well, I'm no tech expert but I go see "放出" in the BT LN Guidelines and I see "Disperse" and no "Emission" anywhere.

What would be your answer :?: If different from :idea: :arrow: "That's how it was setup for the LN in BT in the first place. And in the Manga... They have their own setup". please post. Thx :!:
It is just as you say.
amtro
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: MAhouka!

Post by amtro »

Electromagnetic emission is known as distribution of light, or a radio wavelength. What he's doing here is gathering and dispersing an electric charge.
Well, that's not quite right either. It has to do with the emmited photons of a substance when exposed to an electrical charge. Emission would require absorbtion, because a stable substance does not emmit particles on its own following Bohr's theorem.
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

L_rz wrote:This is a technical question and this topic is the most appropriate.

CJAKAI and I posted something similar in the TLC thread. I believe there are some confusions in the translations, in Volume 12 experiment as well. I don't know about Emission but I think it should be Release, and Dissipate should be Dispersion.

Emission-type magic is used in the translation of first chapter of Volume 14 but it's definitely one of these 8 types.
xxdestinyzz
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by xxdestinyzz »

shido wrote:
xxdestinyzz wrote:Just asking if vol 14 chapter is still translating and will it be uploaded to the web?
If you look somewhere in this post there is a link where you can see the document for part 3 of chapter 3.
is there any chance that it will upload to bakatsuki? or we need to find that link and read it?
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

xxdestinyzz wrote:is there any chance that it will upload to bakatsuki? or we need to find that link and read it?
I think that maybe BT will allow the upload... but as soon as completed.
xxdestinyzz
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by xxdestinyzz »

just asking, What are the status of chapter 3?
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

xxdestinyzz wrote:just asking, What are the status of chapter 3?
It's still being worked on. It'll still be a while before it's done, so just wait patiently.
L_rz
Mikuru's Master

Post by L_rz »

Updated 3.3. Again, many tech defs (ugh! :mrgreen: ). Onto 3.2, ETC same (4 to 7).
chowbish
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by chowbish »

Just curious, is chapter 5 supposed to be that short? I know its supposed to be a cliffhanger, but I thought there would be more story after Mari and Mayumi's talk and the arrival of Mayumi back at First High.

Other than that, thank you guys for the translations :). Awaiting for Chapter 3, and then I'll patiently wait for the release in English.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

chowbish wrote:Just curious, is chapter 5 supposed to be that short? I know its supposed to be a cliffhanger, but I thought there would be more story after Mari and Mayumi's talk and the arrival of Mayumi back at First High.

Other than that, thank you guys for the translations :). Awaiting for Chapter 3, and then I'll patiently wait for the release in English.
Yes, Chapter 5 is that short.
Last edited by shido on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harks87
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by harks87 »

hey guys larethin told that other languge transtlation is allowed why cant we simply translate to english first and then use goole translate to other langauge and post in so that if we want to read we simply use again google translate to english as i try to read other already translated other langages chapters bythis above method and i found it be quite good can i have others views about it pl :?: :?:

and this way we dont break any rules or licensing rights :roll: :roll:
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

harks87 wrote:hey guys larethin told that other languge transtlation is allowed why cant we simply translate to english first and then use goole translate to other langauge and post in so that if we want to read we simply use again google translate to english as i try to read other already translated other langages chapters bythis above method and i found it be quite good can i have others views about it pl :?: :?:

and this way we dont break any rules or licensing rights :roll: :roll:
Sorry, but there isn't any way around this policy that they have set. Since it's been licensed for English in states, they are going to stop translating it in English. If there is another language that's being licensed for it, they will take that down too as well. They also frown on machine translations here. Please refrain on trying to see if there is a way on going around their policy. We need to respect their wishes and move on.
chowbish
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by chowbish »

shido wrote:Yes, Chapter 5 is that sort.
Thank you Shido. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”