Mahouka: Staff Appreciation

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

JapaneseNinjaNumber1
Astral Realm

Re: Mahouka: Staff Appreciation

Post by JapaneseNinjaNumber1 »

oh snap thanks for the completely unexpected translation of chapter 4... thanks a lot
kayue
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kayue »

Thank you for all past and future translations.
You bring much joy to we Japanese illiterate readers. :D
moehawkman
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by moehawkman »

Thanks for chapter 4. Keep up the amazing work. :)
alekhine
Astral Realm

Post by alekhine »

the v10 translation is great, but what happened to9.5-6?
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

alekhine wrote:the v10 translation is great, but what happened to9.5-6?
The CL translators don't have the chinese version to translate and don't ask for update for it will come and Dreyakis that's a great post. So anyways to the translators, editors and such thanks for the past, present and future translation updates and here a brofist because you guys deserve it *brofist* :3.
Empire's Strongest
Lucidbro
Astral Realm

Post by Lucidbro »

Thanks for the chapter as usual Sashiko but really seeing that you're completing these fairly long chapters with a steady pace, would it be impossible for you to go translate the rest of volume 9? I realize that you were not confident in the speed of your translation but the way it is now, it seems like you're the only active translator in any case and we still have no idea what the chinese translators will be doing for volume 9. So if it's all the same to you, I'm quite sure no one would have any issue even if you were to take an extremely long time to translate the remaining chapters (which so far hasn't been the case anyway). Whatever you decide is fine of course, but don't you think you'll be able to translate the chapters faster than the alternative?

Also, I realize Baka-Tsuki is pretty picky about asking for this stuff, so if I get banned or whatever, that's ok. I'll just say I had no ill intent here and only thought this to be the smarter choice for now. Sorry for being a worthless selfish scum.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Part of the reason I haven't attempted those chapters is because all the chapters toward the end of volume 9 have fairly complex fight scenes that left me very confused after I read them. The other reason is Seitsuki said that he would start from the back and work forward and then posted chapter seven about a month later. So he may or may not be working on chapter six now and if he is he will probably make his first post in a week or so.

Right now, I have obligated myself to work on chapter 12. Since I have gotten a hold of volume eleven an started reading it, I have realized that 2/3 of chapter 13 is a direct continuation of chapter 12 and that I need to do chapter 13 to make sure they mesh well. Because both these chapters are on the short side I can probably finish chapter 12 and 2/3 of chapter 13 before Sept. 1.

Now, the other 1/3 of chapter 13 is a conversation in which two characters discuss events in volume 10 so, there should not be a problem if I delay finishing that third until someone starts working on chapter 14 and start working on one of the volume 9 chapters instead.

However, even if I do this I do not anticipate getting more than one at the most of the volume 9 chapters out before, volume 12 is published.

Sashiko
seitsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by seitsuki »

I, er...I was supposed to be doing that?

...Is there any Miyuki?
Sashiko
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

You made a vague promise to work on vol 9 after exams when you had more free time but did not commit to how many chapters, or say how how long you might have time to work on chapters so, I was unsure whether you were going to do one more or not.

Considering that I don't remember any major Miyuki scenes, I guess you are done with vol. 9. So after I finish with 12 I'll start work on chapter 6 which I think confused me a little less than ch 5, so that's fine. Hopefully, the bottleneck will break and ch 5 will get done while I work on ch 6.

BTW I'm still reading Vol 11 and chapter 15 has a very nice Miyuki thought monologue near the beginning, I'm still reading that chapter so I don't know if they're going to be more but, it's a very nice scene and I thought it showed her off better than the scene associated with the image on page 67 in chapter 14. And the intriguing page 303 picture is part of chapter 16. So you might want to work on Vol. 12 either on your own or with Dreyakis.

Sashiko
seitsuki

Post by seitsuki »

Hm. Are the raws for 11 available somewhere yet?

Tbh I'm not quite as dedicated to the series as I was before for various reasons, but I will continue to fight to the death to advance Her Highness' cause. The Empress protects!
Sashiko
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

I have no idea, I just bought the book. I imagine that someone with scanning technology will upload the pictures soon though.

Sashiko
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

seitsuki wrote:Hm. Are the raws for 11 available somewhere yet?

Tbh I'm not quite as dedicated to the series as I was before for various reasons, but I will continue to fight to the death to advance Her Highness' cause. The Empress protects!
Don't talk about raws here :D. Meanwhile, check out some service scans in the Visitor Arc thread. :D
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

Sashiko wrote:You made a vague promise to work on vol 9 after exams when you had more free time but did not commit to how many chapters, or say how how long you might have time to work on chapters so, I was unsure whether you were going to do one more or not.

Considering that I don't remember any major Miyuki scenes, I guess you are done with vol. 9. So after I finish with 12 I'll start work on chapter 6 which I think confused me a little less than ch 5, so that's fine. Hopefully, the bottleneck will break and ch 5 will get done while I work on ch 6.

BTW I'm still reading Vol 11 and chapter 15 has a very nice Miyuki thought monologue near the beginning, I'm still reading that chapter so I don't know if they're going to be more but, it's a very nice scene and I thought it showed her off better than the scene associated with the image on page 67 in chapter 14. And the intriguing page 303 picture is part of chapter 16. So you might want to work on Vol. 12 either on your own or with Dreyakis.

Sashiko
I'm on the case for finishing Volume 9. Advance onward to more fertile grounds (where the Miyuki Density Index is higher).
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
seitsuki

Post by seitsuki »

Mine! All mine!!! /Takes home
Lucidbro
Astral Realm

Post by Lucidbro »

I forgot about this ridiculous translation speed, good to have Dreyakis back. Thanks for the chapter.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”