Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - The Anime

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

crisisavatar
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - The Anime

Post by crisisavatar »

Nice, thanks for sharing.
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Link to my user on B-T
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

The images are not good to evaluate her height.
In the image, she is smaller than Mari, that's already a point. For Hattori, Mayumi is nearer than Hattori, hence why she is looking maybe taller than normal.
Xiose
Astral Realm

Post by Xiose »

Dauntes wrote:
Guest2 wrote:Why do they have Miyuki winding up as if she is about to pitch from the mound in the PV? Modern magic really shouldn't involve such a time consuming action.
If our greatest concern with the Anime adaptation is that they took dramatic license with the spell casting, I'll be a happy man. I do recall at least a few instances though where various characters actually do make different motions to aid in their spells. Especially Mikihiko but since he's an Ancient Magic user I suppose that's unsurprising.
The only problem I see with this is on the technical side of magic. It was explained that the light of magic is due to excess psions interacting with photons and thus more skilled magicians would produce less light, which is usually a big deal with animated magic. It was even mentioned that Tatsuya has such fine control that he produces virtually no light. If I remember correctly. But I guess long run it might not matter much?
animeking
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by animeking »

Mark Twain - "I didn't go to his funeral, but I sent a letter saying I approved of it.
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

Fairly disappointed by the music = /
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Lets hope it will be better in the real anime.

Anyway, this might turn out to be a really great series or completely stupid. The best point of Mahouka is how complex the system of the world and magic there are, if they ommit it in order to get more action there...
animeking
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by animeking »

Kana Hanazawa, Mai Nakahara and Saki Ogasawara are officially confirmed as cast members

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... igh-school

edit: latest PV with some scenes of the anime and more of the OP (which is called Rising Hope)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ng-by-lisa

sounds better than the 15 seconds of the opening from before
Mark Twain - "I didn't go to his funeral, but I sent a letter saying I approved of it.
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

animeking wrote:Kana Hanazawa, Mai Nakahara and Saki Ogasawara are officially confirmed as cast members

edit: latest PV with some scenes of the anime and more of the OP (which is called Rising Hope)

Art style from the new images looks promising. The artist's representation of Mayumi was a little different than my own perceptions, however. I had considered Mayumi to be more of the mischievous type and that particular picture paints her in a more mature light. Miyuki and Azusa were both rather in character though.
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Dreyakis wrote:
animeking wrote:Kana Hanazawa, Mai Nakahara and Saki Ogasawara are officially confirmed as cast members

Art style from the new images looks promising. The artist's representation of Mayumi was a little different than my own perceptions, however. I had considered Mayumi to be more of the mischievous type and that particular picture paints her in a more mature light. Miyuki and Azusa were both rather in character though.
Character design done by novel illustrator fyi.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Well it's just another month or so before the Anime is finally released, and boy am I getting pretty pumped up for it!

Looks pretty good to me thus far :lol:
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Hope the sound quality will get better, except of that... lets wait and we might be pleasantly surprised.
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

New opening is in "decent" territory, once again I wish it was a masterpiece like the ending of regios or the piano by Allen Walker but creating epicness on the spot is not exactly always feasible. An easy argument to bring up against that is that they should've stored some big hits for top tier releases like this one but then again they seem to want to use a "fresh/current" singer which yeah ....

edit: Forgot to add that I was debating whether to wait til all the episodes release to watch it as that would probably be a lot more enjoyable for myself but I doubt I could wait that long. Even if there are 12ish episodes that's 3 months and seeing how active I am here I doubt I would be willing to resist enjoying it at the same time as you folks.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”