Who should Tatsuya end up with?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who do you want Tatsuya to end up with?

Shiba Miyuki
14%
Saegusa Mayumi
55%
Mitsui Honoka
8%
Chiba Erika
5%
Kitayama Shizuku
2%
Shibata Mizuki
No votes
Sirius Angelina / Lina
6%
Ichihara Suzune
No votes
Fujibayashi Kyouko
1%
Ono Haruka
No votes
Yotsuba Maya
2%
Other Girl/Woman
1%
A Guy
0%
Nobody
2%
He and Miyuki spend the rest of their lives by each other's side (not "that" way)
3%

Total votes: 309

Imladir
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Who should Tatsuya end up with?

Post by Imladir »

Riddam wrote: Well, going by your logic, then Tatsuya x Miyuki should be even more obvious, which it of course is.
Except that they are brother and sister, which complicates stuff a bit. After all, anyone does stuff in front of his/her siblings that (s)he would never do elsewhere.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheRougeReader »

When I posted TatsuyaxErika I was just saying that what Mayumi can do, Erika and Fujibayashi can do the same to Tatsuya maybe even better than Mayumi.
Imladir wrote: Except that they are brother and sister, which complicates stuff a bit. After all, anyone does stuff in front of his/her siblings that (s)he would never do elsewhere.
and I think that is the reason why most have problem shipping TatsuyaXMayuki. We have a tendency to reject fiction which doesn`t agree to our real life. And I concur that for most it would be difficult to ship such a piar in RL. :|
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
Riddam
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Riddam »

TheRougeReader wrote:When I posted TatsuyaxErika I was just saying that what Mayumi can do, Erika and Fujibayashi can do the same to Tatsuya maybe even better than Mayumi.
Imladir wrote: Except that they are brother and sister, which complicates stuff a bit. After all, anyone does stuff in front of his/her siblings that (s)he would never do elsewhere.
and I think that is the reason why most have problem shipping TatsuyaXMayuki. We have a tendency to reject fiction which doesn`t agree to our real life. And I concur that for most it would be difficult to ship such a piar in RL. :|
Tatsuya x Miyuki is very easily the most popular ship. So I'm not sure where you're coming from.
Imladir wrote:
Riddam wrote: Well, going by your logic, then Tatsuya x Miyuki should be even more obvious, which it of course is.
Except that they are brother and sister, which complicates stuff a bit. After all, anyone does stuff in front of his/her siblings that (s)he would never do elsewhere.
Stuff like acting more akin to lovers than siblings? People need to stop deluding themselves about where the story is going. This whole shipping talk is so senseless in this series.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Riddam wrote:
TheRougeReader wrote: and I think that is the reason why most have problem shipping TatsuyaXMayuki. We have a tendency to reject fiction which doesn`t agree to our real life. And I concur that for most it would be difficult to ship such a piar in RL. :|
Tatsuya x Miyuki is very easily the most popular ship. So I'm not sure where you're coming from.
Well maybe I should have been more clear. When I said "most", I meant "most" of the percentage that "didn`t ship TatsuyaxMiyuki"
Riddam wrote:People need to stop deluding themselves about where the story is going. This whole shipping talk is so senseless in this series.
This isn`t about whether this series will support romance or not. When a story even hints at a tiny tweeny bit of romance, fans just have a tendency to make and ship pairs according to their liking. This thread is just about that. Even if author doesn`t make Tatsuya end up with someone, all we are saying is who WE THE FANS want him to end up with. Its fine if original storyline doesn`t have a pair in the end, but we are just hoping and dreaming. That`s all :)
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
ultramagnus3213
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ultramagnus3213 »

Riddam wrote: Tatsuya x Miyuki is very easily the most popular ship. So I'm not sure where you're coming from.
well, He's got a point, though . Tat X Miyuki maybe the most popular ship in japan, but international fans tend to ship Tat x Mayumi more, in every poll outside of japan, Tat x Mayumi usually outmatch Tat x Miyuki.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

Except that doesn't really matter because the vast majority of Mahouka's sales are made by Japanese. The international audience gets by on the good graces of our translators so our opinions are not held in as high as a regard. Mayumi may be more popular here, but their market is Japan and they will stick to that market.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Mahesvara wrote:Except that doesn't really matter because the vast majority of Mahouka's sales are made by Japanese. The international audience gets by on the good graces of our translators so our opinions are not held in as high as a regard. Mayumi may be more popular here, but their market is Japan and they will stick to that market.
And I, for one, am glad that is so because what we have seen of Miyuki, with her full power unleashed she would not only be awesome but downright scary :D Damn these two siblings rule.
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Just because it's the most popular doesn't mean the author has the choice. The publishing company might have some pre-existing policy against it.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

nr42 wrote:Just because it's the most popular doesn't mean the author has the choice. The publishing company might have some pre-existing policy against it.
The publisher is the same as that of Oreimo so most probably Mahouka`s ending would also be like OreImo.
Riddam
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Riddam »

TheRougeReader wrote:
Riddam wrote:People need to stop deluding themselves about where the story is going. This whole shipping talk is so senseless in this series.
This isn`t about whether this series will support romance or not. When a story even hints at a tiny tweeny bit of romance, fans just have a tendency to make and ship pairs according to their liking. This thread is just about that. Even if author doesn`t make Tatsuya end up with someone, all we are saying is who WE THE FANS want him to end up with. Its fine if original storyline doesn`t have a pair in the end, but we are just hoping and dreaming. That`s all :)
What I meant was that it's so painfully obvious that it's going to end up with Tatsuya x Miyuki or no pairing at all, that people really need to go out of their way to come up with anything relevant to discuss. I'm not saying "don't talk about shipping, in a thread about shipping" just saying this topic in particular is beating around the bush.
ultramagnus3213 wrote: well, He's got a point, though . Tat X Miyuki maybe the most popular ship in japan, but international fans tend to ship Tat x Mayumi more, in every poll outside of japan, Tat x Mayumi usually outmatch Tat x Miyuki.
Satou doesn't even know we exist, my friend. And regarding that, I've seen 2 polls one which was won by Miyuki and this one. Both have around 200 votes. I'm not sure how accurate these are, with such variance.
ultramagnus3213
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ultramagnus3213 »

Riddam wrote: Satou doesn't even know we exist, my friend. And regarding that, I've seen 2 polls one which was won by Miyuki and this one. Both have around 200 votes. I'm not sure how accurate these are, with such variance.
Some other polls that i know
http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wiki ... ationships
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1251647
http://www.mcanime.net/foro/viewtopic.p ... &start=885
http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/47721 ... te-pairing
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

I would prefer Mayumi or Lina.

Tatsuya doesn't love Miyuki so I don't so why he should end up with her, she is a little sister to him.

If Tatsuya remains unable to love till the end and doesn't die, he will likely marry a member of the master clans.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Flash wrote:I would prefer Mayumi or Lina.

Tatsuya doesn't love Miyuki so I don't so why he should end up with her, she is a little sister to him.
Sorry mate you are wrong there. Tatsuya ONLY loves Miyuki regardless of what kind of love it is, that is sort of the only emotion he has left. I think he doesn`t LOVE anyone except Miyuki. :D
Flash wrote:If Tatsuya remains unable to love till the end and doesn't die, he will likely marry a member of the master clans
A member of Master Clans???? Then who better than the person who will stand at the top of ten masters clan. :P
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Impossible, regardless of how this pans out, he won't be able to marry Miyuki.
Flash wrote:If Tatsuya remains unable to love till the end and doesn't die, he will likely marry a member of the master clans.
I agree, it would be logical. But I doubt any of them will allow it. In their eyes he's completely defective. Remember that the image of them being unbeatable is very important to them, so marrying off a daughter to Tatsuya would be unthinkable.

Even if they knew about his strategic class abilities (which they don't, and it's not in his intention to ever make it know) it would still be a huge gamble.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Well at least in vol13 we did had a certain situation between Kudo Siblings. Who knows what these two who are just in their teens are capable of doing :D
nr42 wrote:Impossible, regardless of how this pans out, he won't be able to marry Miyuki.
And I already did say that the most probable ending would be something like OreImo`s one.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”