Who should Tatsuya end up with?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who do you want Tatsuya to end up with?

Shiba Miyuki
14%
Saegusa Mayumi
55%
Mitsui Honoka
8%
Chiba Erika
5%
Kitayama Shizuku
2%
Shibata Mizuki
No votes
Sirius Angelina / Lina
6%
Ichihara Suzune
No votes
Fujibayashi Kyouko
1%
Ono Haruka
No votes
Yotsuba Maya
2%
Other Girl/Woman
1%
A Guy
0%
Nobody
2%
He and Miyuki spend the rest of their lives by each other's side (not "that" way)
3%

Total votes: 309

Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Who should Tatsuya end up with?

Post by Mahesvara »

According to an interview of the author he said regarding making short stories that
If we are going to talk a little bit realistic,we made a side story about focusing on the past of Leo (Saijou Leonhart) and Erika(Chiba Erika),at the same episode where Yoshida Mikihiko appears.
It will not be about the Rozen or a romantic development like some thought.
Erbrah
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erbrah »

For some reason I think, that their will a spell that will allow Tatsuya to have stronger feelings, because he obviously still possesses emotions based on his caring, friendships, anger, etc., that still reside with him, even in a minimal amount. He still possesses these, and I believe there will come a mental interference magician who can invoke all of his "deleted" emotions, by expanding on his love for Miyuki, or along those lines. It's just that Tatsuya is very apathetic due to him being raised the way he was by the Yotsuba.
shiaira
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shiaira »

been lurking the forums for a while but decided to hop in and post what i think. i'm for tatsuya and mayumi pairing but i'm gonna explain why in a really roundabout way stemming from what would benefit the yotsuba clan most.

first i'm gonna raise the question as to why tatsuya isn't a candidate to be an heir for yotsuba. true he's a pretty terrible magician (with regards to rewriting phenomenon), but his superpowers are possibly the most fitting as a yotsuba (covert operations/assasinations). and in terms of managing people, planning operations, and even building relations with other clans/military/others, he is very capable, and this is something that maya has been testing and knows very well.

let's say if tatsuya becomes the heir, there's just so many positives for the yotsuba:
miyuki/ayako/fumiya all follow tatsuya's orders so there will be very few clan issues in the next generation (i'm ignoring other 5 families within the '4' clan since they're not even mentioned in the story)
his position as a strategic-class magician affiliated with the 101 will give the yotsuba a lot of influence with the JSDF that it never had before
if tatsuya marries mayumi, this will end a generation of issues with the saegusas, and it wouldn't be difficult as maya acts like an antagonist that both tatsuya and koichi dislike
if miyuki marries into the ichijou clan (since masaki is the heir), then that's another alliance with a 10 family
tatsuya has connections with quite a few of the 28 families (juumonji, kudou, chiba, isori, yoshida, ichijou)

as for why mayumi? there's quite a bit of emphasis in each volume towards mayumi as if the author is purposely making sure she's not forgotten. with side stories from her point of view, to random encounters between her and tatsuya, to her expressing her personal views and opinions of tatsuya, and scenes of her spending individual time together with tatsuya, etc.

as for whether tatsuya is actually capable of love, i have a theory? mayumi mentioned during the 9SC that being with tatsuya is like being with a little brother, and tatsuya in response mentioned that he doesn't know cuz he doesn't have an older sister. what if tatsuya does in fact view mayumi as a sisterly figure? he lost all emotions except his love towards his sister - does that only include biologically-related sister miyuki or anyone that he views as a sisterly figure? in okinawa sakurai was close enough to tatsuya and miyuki that she's somewhat like a older sister - tatsuya seemed rather upset when she was dying? what if tatsuya views mayumi as an onee-san too, would that be an incest-like romantic love?

well let's end this with some more random crazy thoughts
1) what if tatsuya learns to view every girl as a 'sisterly figure'? will he have a harem?
2) what if maya isn't the villain but is setting herself as an antagonist cuz her mind 'died' when she was young? [so maya hates miya -> dislikes miya for what she did to tatsuya -> brings tatsuya up in a weird cruel way cuz she lost her humanity -> trains him to be an heir]
Slinkey
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Slinkey »

shiaira wrote:been lurking the forums for a while but decided to hop in and post what i think. i'm for tatsuya and mayumi pairing but i'm gonna explain why in a really roundabout way stemming from what would benefit the yotsuba clan most.

first i'm gonna raise the question as to why tatsuya isn't a candidate to be an heir for yotsuba. true he's a pretty terrible magician (with regards to rewriting phenomenon), but his superpowers are possibly the most fitting as a yotsuba (covert operations/assasinations). and in terms of managing people, planning operations, and even building relations with other clans/military/others, he is very capable, and this is something that maya has been testing and knows very well.

let's say if tatsuya becomes the heir, there's just so many positives for the yotsuba:
miyuki/ayako/fumiya all follow tatsuya's orders so there will be very few clan issues in the next generation (i'm ignoring other 5 families within the '4' clan since they're not even mentioned in the story)
his position as a strategic-class magician affiliated with the 101 will give the yotsuba a lot of influence with the JSDF that it never had before
if tatsuya marries mayumi, this will end a generation of issues with the saegusas, and it wouldn't be difficult as maya acts like an antagonist that both tatsuya and koichi dislike
if miyuki marries into the ichijou clan (since masaki is the heir), then that's another alliance with a 10 family
tatsuya has connections with quite a few of the 28 families (juumonji, kudou, chiba, isori, yoshida, ichijou)

as for why mayumi? there's quite a bit of emphasis in each volume towards mayumi as if the author is purposely making sure she's not forgotten. with side stories from her point of view, to random encounters between her and tatsuya, to her expressing her personal views and opinions of tatsuya, and scenes of her spending individual time together with tatsuya, etc.

as for whether tatsuya is actually capable of love, i have a theory? mayumi mentioned during the 9SC that being with tatsuya is like being with a little brother, and tatsuya in response mentioned that he doesn't know cuz he doesn't have an older sister. what if tatsuya does in fact view mayumi as a sisterly figure? he lost all emotions except his love towards his sister - does that only include biologically-related sister miyuki or anyone that he views as a sisterly figure? in okinawa sakurai was close enough to tatsuya and miyuki that she's somewhat like a older sister - tatsuya seemed rather upset when she was dying? what if tatsuya views mayumi as an onee-san too, would that be an incest-like romantic love?

well let's end this with some more random crazy thoughts
1) what if tatsuya learns to view every girl as a 'sisterly figure'? will he have a harem?
2) what if maya isn't the villain but is setting herself as an antagonist cuz her mind 'died' when she was young? [so maya hates miya -> dislikes miya for what she did to tatsuya -> brings tatsuya up in a weird cruel way cuz she lost her humanity -> trains him to be an heir]
That is some massive conspiracy!
But I actually just wanted to write that I agree with you about the relationships and heir. Tatsuya being the Yotsuba leader is more "fitting", and Miyuki marrying into the Ichijou family would be good, since the guy is the next leader. Tatsuya will have influence within the Saegusa if he marries Mayumi, but she is not a candidate to becoming leader though.
Zatoichi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Zero no tsukaima
Yahari ore no seishun rabu kome wa machigatte iru
High School DxD

Post by Zatoichi »

I know that it is unlikely but for me it would be very interesting if Tatsuya end up with Erika. Until the moment when Erika admitted Mizuki that she is interested in Tatsuya, I thought that this paring is out of the question. But after that conversation nothing has changed...
Scorcher
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Scorcher »

HEAVY SPOILERS! I can not stress this enough.
Spoiler! :
Miyuki wins the Tatsuyabowl. She is made heir, Tatsuya is adopted by Maya, Maya engages the two, Miyuki confesses her love to Tatsuya, he accepts her.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”