Who should Tatsuya end up with?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who do you want Tatsuya to end up with?

Shiba Miyuki
14%
Saegusa Mayumi
55%
Mitsui Honoka
8%
Chiba Erika
5%
Kitayama Shizuku
2%
Shibata Mizuki
No votes
Sirius Angelina / Lina
6%
Ichihara Suzune
No votes
Fujibayashi Kyouko
1%
Ono Haruka
No votes
Yotsuba Maya
2%
Other Girl/Woman
1%
A Guy
0%
Nobody
2%
He and Miyuki spend the rest of their lives by each other's side (not "that" way)
3%

Total votes: 309

TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Who should Tatsuya end up with?

Post by TheRougeReader »

Shtirliz74 wrote:Really? So you think Miyuki is better for Tatsuya that Mayumi? Do you remember that scene when Mayumi was "humiliated" by Tatsuya and in revenge forced him to eat a "delicious" cake? That one of the most epic scene in all novel. Nuff said.
Well for me the most epic scene in the novel was when The Eastern Alliance was cowering in fear of Tatsuya and Tatsuya unleashing hell because Miyuki was injured. Though Mayumi might look good with Tatsuya at an outer level she just doesn`t give that feel of completing his character to me. Similarly, while Tatsuya and Mayumi`s interactions are interesting to watch, it is mostly because of reaction of either of them while Tatsuya and Miyuki`s interactions just feel more intimate, peaceful and fitting for a couple. And a guy with awesomeness level as high as Tatsuya should at least end with a girl at strength and beauty level of Miyuki. (Miyuki`s feature tend to be on "beautiful" side while Mayumi`s on "cute" side) :)
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

TheRougeReader wrote:Well for me the most epic scene in the novel was when The Eastern Alliance was cowering in fear of Tatsuya and Tatsuya unleashing hell because Miyuki was injured. Though Mayumi might look good with Tatsuya at an outer level she just doesn`t give that feel of completing his character to me. Similarly, while Tatsuya and Mayumi`s interactions are interesting to watch, it is mostly because of reaction of either of them while Tatsuya and Miyuki`s interactions just feel more intimate, peaceful and fitting for a couple. And a guy with awesomeness level as high as Tatsuya should at least end with a girl at strength and beauty level of Miyuki. (Miyuki`s feature tend to be on "beautiful" side while Mayumi`s on "cute" side) :)
:cry: that's beautiful, man :cry:
Completely agree, it would be nice though if they were to fight over him at some point.
Also chances are pretty high he would have left the injured students to die if Miyuki hadn't asked him, even if Mayumi were the one injured.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

nr42 wrote: :cry: that's beautiful, man :cry:
Completely agree, it would be nice though if they were to fight over him at some point.
Also chances are pretty high he would have left the injured students to die if Miyuki hadn't asked him, even if Mayumi were the one injured.
I agree. Hell he was ok letting his mother die if it hadn`t hurt Miyuki. If it comes to saving Mayumi or Miyuki maybe Tatsuya wouldn`t miss a beat before abandoning Mayumi. And if they do fight over him at some point, I think Miyuki would kick some ass. Though it is very unlikely to happen. Most probably the ending would be something like what happened with Elder Kudo`s children. And with all the hints that have been dropped through out the LN, if Miyuki ended up with someone other than Tatsuya :x (even thinking about it is making me angry :wink: ), it would be pure NTR and I`m no fan of NTR.
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
crane
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crane »

Mayumi's personality evens out Tatsuya stoicism; similar to "Pride & Prejudice". The last scene in the Visitors showed Miyuki readiness to give up Tatsuya to Lina & said so as she felt that Lina was Miyuki's rival.

Tatsuya had already saved Miyuki's life and so accounts for the way Miyuki's feelings for Tatsuya.

Mayumi may be able to bring some liveliness to Tatsuya's life & possibly be able to have Tatsuya be able to have more emotions.
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

crane wrote:Mayumi's personality evens out Tatsuya stoicism; similar to "Pride & Prejudice". The last scene in the Visitors showed Miyuki readiness to give up Tatsuya to Lina & said so as she felt that Lina was Miyuki's rival.

Tatsuya had already saved Miyuki's life and so accounts for the way Miyuki's feelings for Tatsuya.

Mayumi may be able to bring some liveliness to Tatsuya's life & possibly be able to have Tatsuya be able to have more emotions.
If it is about evening out Tatsuya`s stoicism, I think Erika would do a better job than Mayumi. And I don`t think just saving Miyuki`s life would account for her feelings as it was shown in Reminiscence that she was already feeling something before he saved her life i.e when she actually started to interact with him. And I don`t think that was Miyuki ready to give up on Tatsuya, she just acknowledged Lina can be Miyuki`s rival.
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

crane wrote: The last scene in the Visitors showed Miyuki readiness to give up Tatsuya to Lina & said so as she felt that Lina was Miyuki's rival.
How does saying, 'you're my rival', equals 'I give up, you can have him'? She even says that the moment Lina becomes Tatsuya's ally, that's when their true competition will begin.
That sounds more like: 'If you want Oni-sama, you'll have to go through me!'
TheRougeReader wrote:If it is about evening out Tatsuya`s stoicism, I think Erika would do a better job than Mayumi.
I agree, or Fujibayashi.
ultramagnus3213
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ultramagnus3213 »

TheRougeReader wrote:
crane wrote:Mayumi's personality evens out Tatsuya stoicism; similar to "Pride & Prejudice". The last scene in the Visitors showed Miyuki readiness to give up Tatsuya to Lina & said so as she felt that Lina was Miyuki's rival.

If it is about evening out Tatsuya`s stoicism, I think Erika would do a better job than Mayumi. And I don`t think just saving Miyuki`s life would account for her feelings as it was shown in Reminiscence that she was already feeling something before he saved her life i.e when she actually started to interact with him. And I don`t think that was Miyuki ready to give up on Tatsuya, she just acknowledged Lina can be Miyuki`s rival.
Erika? she does'nt have enough courage to makes fun on him or trolling him like Mayumi always does, in vol 11 just one warning word from Tatsuya is enough to scare her and force her to keep her mouth shut , i doubt it will work on Mayumi .Also, the author is clearly ship Erika with Leo.
Last edited by ultramagnus3213 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatsuya_Yotsuba
Astral Realm

Post by Tatsuya_Yotsuba »

i aways thought that mayumi and Tatsuya would end up with each other but seeing the image on chapter 14 really left me confused.... :? :? :?
ultramagnus3213
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Tatsuya_Yotsuba wrote:i aways thought that mayumi and Tatsuya would end up with each other but seeing the image on chapter 14 really left me confused.... :? :? :?
Confused ?, the one who look like a guy in that picture is Mary
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by TheRougeReader »

Tatsuya_Yotsuba wrote:i aways thought that mayumi and Tatsuya would end up with each other but seeing the image on chapter 14 really left me confused.... :? :? :?
:? :? chapter 14 of which volume?? vol 8? vol 11? vol 12??? Well I always thought Tatsuya and Mayumi would make only a barely OK pair. Not that much interesting.. :|
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

ultramagnus3213 wrote:Erika? she does'nt have enough courage to makes fun on him or trolling him like Mayumi always does, in vol 11 just one warning word from Tatsuya is enough to scare her and force her to keep her mouth shut , i doubt it will work on Mayumi .Also, the author is clearly ship Erika with Leo.
I'm tired of hearing this as there are no objective events that point to this. The only insights we have seen in regards to Erika's relationships is Enrollment Arc when she thinks "Looking at it from a 3rd person’s perspective, it almost seemed like she was stalking him, Erika thought to herself. This is the first time that I promised to meet up and go around with someone. It has only been a week so I could get bored of this like always, but at the same time, I was thinking that this might be different." In Yokohama she gets mad at Tatsuya lumping her and Leo together and says that theirs nothing going on between the two of them. Finally in Visitors Arc she openly admits her feeling to Mizuki.

I understand the theories of Leo and Erika, and some of them make sense, but they all rely on a series of events to happen that there is no basis for.
ultramagnus3213
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Mahesvara wrote:
ultramagnus3213 wrote:Erika? she does'nt have enough courage to makes fun on him or trolling him like Mayumi always does, in vol 11 just one warning word from Tatsuya is enough to scare her and force her to keep her mouth shut , i doubt it will work on Mayumi .Also, the author is clearly ship Erika with Leo.
I'm tired of hearing this as there are no objective events that point to this. The only insights we have seen in regards to Erika's relationships is Enrollment Arc when she thinks "Looking at it from a 3rd person’s perspective, it almost seemed like she was stalking him, Erika thought to herself. This is the first time that I promised to meet up and go around with someone. It has only been a week so I could get bored of this like always, but at the same time, I was thinking that this might be different." In Yokohama she gets mad at Tatsuya lumping her and Leo together and says that theirs nothing going on between the two of them. Finally in Visitors Arc she openly admits her feeling to Mizuki.

I understand the theories of Leo and Erika, and some of them make sense, but they all rely on a series of events to happen that there is no basis for.
Author let Leo is the first one seen her naked, and they appeared as a pair in every illustration or even in Anime ED (can't call that accidental, right?), in visitor arc, she almost tries to attack Tatsuya for not let her take revenge for Leo...Also, he let Leo involved in rozen scheme for some reason and he even stated that he wants to write some side story about Leo and Erika in an interview.Even if Erika has feeling for tats , it's not like she will end up with him, with all build up until now,it's more like author create a setting point for tatsuya to reject her when she confessed to him, and she realized Leo is the true love of her ,it's a commom setting in every LN/anime/manga nowadays .
Riddam
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Riddam »

ultramagnus3213 wrote: Author let Leo is the first one seen her naked, and they appeared as a pair in every illustration or even in Anime ED (can't call that accidental, right?), in visitor arc, she almost tries to attack Tatsuya for not let her take revenge for Leo...Also, he let Leo involved in rozen scheme for some reason and he even stated that he wants to write some side story about Leo and Erika in an interview.Even if Erika has feeling for tats , it's not like she will end up with him, with all build up until now,it's more like author create a setting point for tatsuya to reject her when she confessed to him, and she realized Leo is the true love of her ,it's a commom setting in every LN/anime/manga nowadays .
Well, going by your logic, then Tatsuya x Miyuki should be even more obvious, which it of course is.
ultramagnus3213
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Riddam wrote: Well, going by your logic, then Tatsuya x Miyuki should be even more obvious, which it of course is.
Yeah at least that pairing have a leg to stand on.But Tat x Erika ?, i think it will be like Tatsuya x Mibu ship in vol 2.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

If I remember correctly Erika almost attacked Tats because he told her not to go after Sirus for BTFOing her brother, thinking he was doubting her abilities.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”