Mahouka: General

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 7748

nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka: General

Post by nr42 »

I think the author said a while back he expects the series to run 20-25 volumes.
He has also said it will end when they leave high school(although we can hope of course).
Currently they're halfway(maybe a little further) through their second year, so there will be plenty more.
Minru
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Minru »

When he has them graduating from first high and is preparing to wrap things up I expect his publisher to beg him to do a first year of Uni arc. And if they do a second season of the anime it will be doubly hard for him to quit. When you have a good franchise then it is more common to keep it going till people are sick of it, just look at final fantasy!
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

nr42 wrote:I think the author said a while back he expects the series to run 20-25 volumes.
He has also said it will end when they leave high school(although we can hope of course).
Currently they're halfway(maybe a little further) through their second year, so there will be plenty more.
There is probability that they will finish @ around volume 18 ))) coz more than 3-4 volumes per year is kinda too much =(
Hope he will start new novel about University, It will be kinda interesting to see how things develop when everybody will know about Yotsuba and about Silver :lol: Maybe even Tatsuya will be disclosed as Strategic magician, that will be something :twisted:
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Yes, well I agree it would be better for him to wrap up the high school stuff in a limited amount of volumes and make some university ones instead. It would be more logical, since it would allow more new characters, new plotlines,... which in turn would ensure that the readers keep reading. Why kill the chicken that lays the golden eggs?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

vol 7 Chapter 11 wrote: thick skinned" (?)
The riddle means, that the translator wasnt sure if "thick skinned" is the right word, right? So what about hardened or jaded? --~~~~
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Actually, the author adds (!) and (?) as a form of subtext.

Sashiko
kizrock94
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

Does anyone kniw when the translation for this will resume?
Hello................Bye
Minru
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Minru »

it is ongoing, got 2 translators working on it. but chapter 1 is one of the bigger chapters so just have to wait and pray to the twin gods that control your happiness.
Comalol
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Comalol »

kizrock94 wrote:Does anyone kniw when the translation for this will resume?
it has never stopped... shashiko is working backword (already complete ch5 and is now working on ch4) while a second translator is working on CH1 (but has only started recently working on it and it seem to be quite the long chapter...)

Up till now we were quite spoiled by dreyakis and his quick translation (and with this I'm absolutely not complaining on the speed on any other translator... simple aknowledging that drey speed is not the standard of most translator ^^') but it seem like he is quite taken up with IRL so we just have to wait ... prey for his happiness and hope that once he have sorted out things on his hand he will still have the will to come back translating this LN ^^. Until than we better be respectfull and give our thanks to the the other thar are willingly to get on themself this task and let us (the leechers) read this LN ^^ regardless of speed or accuracy (that should harldy be a problem with the standard of sashiko's transltion always been pretty high).
crane
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crane »

I see that there is a manga "Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei" but don't know if there is a light novel associated with it. The manga shows things from Myuki's perspective.

Are the authors the same or did someone just doing a manga as a spin-off?
kizrock94
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

Comalol wrote:
kizrock94 wrote:Does anyone kniw when the translation for this will resume?
it has never stopped... shashiko is working backword (already complete ch5 and is now working on ch4) while a second translator is working on CH1 (but has only started recently working on it and it seem to be quite the long chapter...)

Up till now we were quite spoiled by dreyakis and his quick translation (and with this I'm absolutely not complaining on the speed on any other translator... simple aknowledging that drey speed is not the standard of most translator ^^') but it seem like he is quite taken up with IRL so we just have to wait ... prey for his happiness and hope that once he have sorted out things on his hand he will still have the will to come back translating this LN ^^. Until than we better be respectfull and give our thanks to the the other thar are willingly to get on themself this task and let us (the leechers) read this LN ^^ regardless of speed or accuracy (that should harldy be a problem with the standard of sashiko's transltion always been pretty high).
Okay, thanks for the info
And I'd like to thank the translators too
Hello................Bye
Comalol
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Comalol »

crane wrote:I see that there is a manga "Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei" but don't know if there is a light novel associated with it. The manga shows things from Myuki's perspective.

Are the authors the same or did someone just doing a manga as a spin-off?

just a manga spin off as far as I know... also the manga adaptation of Mahouka is partitiones in blocks (one manga series for the introduction+egalitè chapters, 1 manga for NSC, 1 manga for Yokoama... and on to of those 3 the Myuki one)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Mahouka manga (main series) is currently dropped/stalled, and Casonova scans is looking to pick it up but needs a translator. Please let me know if you are interested. :D
Sashiko
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Most of this has too many spoilers for volume 14 but the headlines for the book on the dengeki website are:

Unrest in the Ancient Capital (the conclusion), Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei volume 15 will be out January 10, 2015.

『クリムゾン・プリンス』一条将輝と、『四葉の最終兵器』司波達也がついに共闘!
Crimson Prince, Ichijou Masaki and the Ultimate Weapon of the Yotsuba, Shiba Tatsuya finally team-up!

The rest contains a lot of spoilers for un-posted portions of volume 14 and promises that Mayumi will appear in volume 15 in an important capacity.

Sashiko
ssj1236
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ssj1236 »

Well damnnnnnnnnn i really cant wait for vol.14 and 15 (cursing my non-japanese lineage)
P.S on a side not just looked at the poll results people are really lovin mahouka :3

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”