Mahouka: General

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 7748

maqhusson
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Re: Mahouka: General

Post by maqhusson »

This is a bit off topic, but I was wondering back when I read about it, what was the Heavenly General's power? I don't know if I skipped it or something, but I don't recall hearing about it. Does anyone know?
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

The name of his magic was "Thunder Tower", but apart from that nothing is mentioned.
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

Fudgesicles. Welp, I hope the author reveals it at some point, I'm curious about it now. Also, where was the name of his magic mentioned? I probably just forgot, but I don't recall seeing it.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Volume 8: background
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

Mahesvara wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mizuki pretty scetched out when Tatsuya, Erika, and Miki delt with the GAA soldiers outside the competition site? I think she would be terrified of him if she knew he killed so many.
The puppies in the group were shaken but quickly accepted as necessary.
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

No thread for volume 14? Illustrations are up already.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

I can make one if you can give me the title and the illustrations.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

A Snerk from volume 14 chapter 2
Spoiler! :
Common Era 2096, October 1. The inauguration of the new student council of the First High School attached to the National Magic University. Members: President Shiba Miyuki, Vice President Saegusa Izumi, Treasurer Mitsui Honoka, Secretary Sakurai Minami and Secretarial Chief Shiba Tatsuya.

Of course, there were objections to the enigmatic post of Secretarial Chief. The Staff Room that normally interfere with the the student council’s granting of positions asked ‘What the heck is this?’. The default organization of student councils in schools was ‘President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary’. There was no ‘Secretarial Chief’ post, however, Miyuki repelled all opposition with a smile that neither agreed or disagreed and made the statement, ‘the official nickname of Secretarial Chief is Secretary’. Not one person was able to make the reasonable objection that there was no reason for the ‘Secretarial Chief’ to be nicknamed secretary.
I am posting it here because:

a. I am not sure if I am going to sign up to do this chapter but, I thought it too cute not to translate

and b. I probably won't go all out translating volume 14 until 13 is finished.

Sashiko
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

Wow, the time seems to be passing really quick to me in the series >.> Might be because the anime is just past the point where Azusa became president, but I was shocked to see Miyuki as president. I know it's been 8 volumes since Azusa took over, but because I breezed through the other volumes, it just doesn't feel like it to me.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

Well, the previous year was rather... packed with events after Azusa was voted. First there was the Yokohama Disturbance that took two volumes but spanned only a few days, the whole Reminiscence that happened in the past for the most part and still covered one volume, and then there's Lina, all that before Tatsuya and Miyuki entered their second year in high school.
Although in spite of that, one year isn't a very significant amount of time in the long run. Sometimes it just ends up coming and going...
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Actually, it's time, coz 9SC was vol. 13, and we know that elections are after 9SC, Tatsuya / Miyuki is already in the middle of second year, so, why not? Probably it feels off, because of new school year started and new people joined. As for Student Council, kinda nothing new or unexpected, would be nice to see how elections went :)
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

Haxton Fale wrote: Although in spite of that, one year isn't a very significant amount of time in the long run. Sometimes it just ends up coming and going...
Yeah, it just didn't feel that long to me. Just felt that things were happening a bit fast to me even though they weren't really =/
TheLaG wrote:Actually, it's time, coz 9SC was vol. 13, and we know that elections are after 9SC, Tatsuya / Miyuki is already in the middle of second year, so, why not? Probably it feels off, because of new school year started and new people joined. As for Student Council, kinda nothing new or unexpected, would be nice to see how elections went :)
It's not that the time between the NSC and he elections seems off, it's just that this whole year that Azusa's been president just feels to be going a bit fast to me personally even though a lot happened. Also, the results are in the snippet from v14c2 that Sashiko posted. More Mahouka was just a bit too enticing for me to resist, and now I want to read the rest of it quickly =/.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Well, I can understand, because comparing Mayumi and Azusa as presidents, you can understand that before Azusa became president, Mayumi was very active and was mentioned a lot in text, but after elections, Azusa was not so much actively mentioned like Mayumi (you can even say, Mayumi still was more mentioned that Azusa), or personality itself is not so charismatic as the one Mayumi have, so off-course, you will feel that Azusa "Just" started, and now new elections :lol:
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

Actually, that's probably it. Mayumi always seemed to have an active role in the events that took place, so it actually felt like she did something while president. Also, I really like Mayumi's character, so that might have to do with it. I feel kinda sorry for Azusa to be honest, as she doesn't really seem to have much of a presence. On the other hand, Mayumi still comes to mind somewhat often for me.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
SamuraiNCO
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SamuraiNCO »

I agree that it does seem like it went quickly but I think the theory of the Mayumi and the rest of the Big 3 standing out so much contributes to that. Considering that the changeover occurred in Vol 5 and the new council is announced in Vol 14 a lot of story has progressed.

I did feel that the second NSC was compressed too much and I would have liked to see that spread out to Vol 14. Hopefully there will be some side stories to cover some of the new events that were just summarized.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”