Mahouka: General

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 7748

Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka: General

Post by Haxton Fale »

I don't remember the exact details and you can find them in one of the glossaries in the first volumes, but the gist of it was that a CAD only "compiled" the magic process, inserting all kinds of variables, but it had to be executed by the caster. Otherwise anyone would have been able to use a CAD so long as it was supplied with psions.
2hayka
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei as of currently

Post by 2hayka »

Volume 14 is taking a while to get translated. I guess its cause the translators are busy with school, work or something but still, I fear this series getting license so forgive me if i'm a tad bit anxious about seeing at least chapter one fully translated.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

The blurb for the next volume:

Tatsuya and Miyuki are true siblings. However, their blood tie become non-existent thru the intrigues of Yotsuba Maya---

An invitation to attend the New Year’s celebration of the clan’s elders is delivered to Yotsuba Miyuki. Unlike last year, it contains a directive that she absolutely must be there on New Year’s Day. Seeing that awakens the presentiment that the time has finally come to the clan.

The naming of the Next Heir to the Yotsuba Clan.

---If she herself is chosen as heir, she will no longer let her brother’s treatment as an outcast slide.

---A suitable fiance is undoubtedly attached to the position of Heir.

Miyuki’s heart is a broil with turbulence.

After dodging the obstacles others have put in their path, Tatsuya’s party finally makes their appearance at the Yotsuba Main House and are welcomed by the seductively smiling Clan Head Yotsuba Maya and on that night the startling lie ‘Miyuki is not your sister’ is delivered to Tatsuya from Maya’s lips.

The barrier of blood was the only thing that was keeping Miyuki back from pursuing romance with her brother…..at last the relationship between Brother and Sister will quickly change
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

OMG... despite licensing being a good thing I feel sad now over having to wait a few years for volume 16 after reading that.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Sashiko wrote:The blurb for the next volume:

Tatsuya and Miyuki are true siblings. However, their blood tie become non-existent thru the intrigues of Yotsuba Maya---

An invitation to attend the New Year’s celebration of the clan’s elders is delivered to Yotsuba Miyuki. Unlike last year, it contains a directive that she absolutely must be there on New Year’s Day. Seeing that awakens the presentiment that the time has finally come to the clan.

The naming of the Next Heir to the Yotsuba Clan.

---If she herself is chosen as heir, she will no longer let her brother’s treatment as an outcast slide.

---A suitable fiance is undoubtedly attached to the position of Heir.

Miyuki’s heart is a broil with turbulence.

After dodging the obstacles others have put in their path, Tatsuya’s party finally makes their appearance at the Yotsuba Main House and are welcomed by the seductively smiling Clan Head Yotsuba Maya and on that night the startling lie ‘Miyuki is not your sister’ is delivered to Tatsuya from Maya’s lips.

The barrier of blood was the only thing that was keeping Miyuki back from pursuing romance with her brother…..at last the relationship between Brother and Sister will quickly change
It actually says invitation delivered to Yotsuba Miyuki and not Shiba Miyuki? That's a bit interesting.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Oops, it was addressed to Shiba Miyuki

Sashiko
bloodydarkwitch
Astral Realm

Post by bloodydarkwitch »

I agree with 'The First' while it is good that the novels were licensed, it is going to take forever for the English novels to reach the point the translations were. I am going to hate having to wait that long. T_T
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

regarding the volume 16 blurb, if tatsuya believes that lie wouldn't it mean that he'd lose his only 'true' emotion since his only emotion left is for his sister.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Erbrah
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erbrah »

The First wrote:regarding the volume 16 blurb, if tatsuya believes that lie wouldn't it mean that he'd lose his only 'true' emotion since his only emotion left is for his sister.
I'm not sure if they specifically say familial love or just love. If it's the latter, then Tatsuya in his mind was putting incest feelings away ans only looked at her as a sister. If it's the former Tatsuya either might regain his emotions, love Miyuki, or lose everything.
Slinkey
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Slinkey »

I was thinking it was more along the lines, that now Miyuki is being named heiress to the Yotsuba, they will not want Tatsuya to be know as sibling, but rather as Guardian.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

From what someone who as the book (Not me) Maya explains it to him and I find it very interesting.

An image from volume 16:
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IndividualEleven »

shido wrote:From what someone who as the book (Not me) Maya explains it to him and I find it very interesting.

An image from volume 16:
IS Vol 16 out yet? I thought it wasn't out yet to buy. I have been patiently waiting for it to come out so i can get it and read this next volume. I feel Vol 16 will be a GREAT one.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

IndividualEleven wrote:
shido wrote:From what someone who as the book (Not me) Maya explains it to him and I find it very interesting.

An image from volume 16:
IS Vol 16 out yet? I thought it wasn't out yet to buy. I have been patiently waiting for it to come out so i can get it and read this next volume. I feel Vol 16 will be a GREAT one.
It's not officially out but there were some copies that were sold before the released date on accident.
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IndividualEleven »

An image from volume 16: [/quote]
IS Vol 16 out yet? I thought it wasn't out yet to buy. I have been patiently waiting for it to come out so i can get it and read this next volume. I feel Vol 16 will be a GREAT one.[/quote]

It's not officially out but there were some copies that were sold before the released date on accident.[/quote]
Ohh okay. I knew there were a few sites who had like the first 2 chapters up already but I thought it wasn't released yet. Thanks Shido

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”