Candidates for New Thumbnail (POLL ENABLED)

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Which thumbnail should be applied to this subforum? (vote changeable, 1 vote only)

Poll ended at Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:53 pm

1.Image
5%
2.Image
15%
3.Image
80%

Total votes: 40

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Candidates for New Thumbnail (POLL ENABLED)

Post by onizuka-gto »

This topic has been repurposed for thumbnail selection.

Please post your suggestion below.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Candidates for New SUb-Forum: Post for Suggestions

Post by Misogi »

I only see Mahouka and STnBD as possible candidates. There's BakaTest, but it's ending soon.

There's also the option of putting all the Kamachi works on a single sub-forum.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Candidates for New SUb-Forum: Post for Suggestions

Post by onizuka-gto »

Misogi wrote:I only see Mahouka and STnBD as possible candidates. There's BakaTest, but it's ending soon.

STnBD?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Candidates for New Sub-Forum: Post for Suggestions

Post by Misogi »

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.

Dunno if other series are popular enough for a sub-forum.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Misogi wrote:Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.

first time i've heard of that project! :roll:

@Onizukademongto
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is translated up to current, so I can't imagine there's going to be much traffic on it's thread(s) for a while, at least until the next volume is released anyway. (Or maybe if an anime is announced?)

Mahouka should probably be in it's own forum, since it's already got a bunch of threads (and two stickies cluttering up the header), in addition it'd allow people to create threads about 'spoilery' stuff that hasn't been translated in the main novels yet, but has been released in the web versions.

Getting rid of all the stickies in the aux-forum save the pdf/epub/mobi one would probably free up about as many thread spaces as moving threads to forums would anyway. :P

As an aside in relation to aux-forum organisation, it does seem a little bass-ackwards by dumping all the general/terminology/appreciation/pdfs threads into one forum. It would make more sense (IMO) to have four sub-forums, and have a single 'Novel Title' thread in each one, covering each topic. At least it'd make it easier to find the relevant thread since while 'general' topics might be on the front page, the terminology one is likely not, and so on.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

denormative wrote: As an aside in relation to aux-forum organisation, it does seem a little bass-ackwards by dumping all the general/terminology/appreciation/pdfs threads into one forum. It would make more sense (IMO) to have four sub-forums, and have a single 'Novel Title' thread in each one, covering each topic. At least it'd make it easier to find the relevant thread since while 'general' topics might be on the front page, the terminology one is likely not, and so on.
good suggestion! :!:

@Onizukademongto
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Misogi wrote:Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.

first time i've heard of that project! :roll:
Welcome back, Oni.
Misogi wrote:I only see Mahouka and STnBD as possible candidates. There's BakaTest, but it's ending soon.

First two are definite choices, Baka Test doesn't warrant much discussion nowadays. (Unless you guys want to do up a 'Teh_ping projects subforum')

There aren't that many projects we have that warrant lots of discussion nowadays. We probably can have subforums sorted by authors as you mentioned, Misogi, like Kamachi for his 5 titles or Kawahara for SAO and AW, but there really aren't any solid options for a subforum other than Mahouka.
denormative wrote:Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is translated up to current, so I can't imagine there's going to be much traffic on it's thread(s) for a while, at least until the next volume is released anyway. (Or maybe if an anime is announced?)

Mahouka should probably be in it's own forum, since it's already got a bunch of threads (and two stickies cluttering up the header), in addition it'd allow people to create threads about 'spoilery' stuff that hasn't been translated in the main novels yet, but has been released in the web versions.

Getting rid of all the stickies in the aux-forum save the pdf/epub/mobi one would probably free up about as many thread spaces as moving threads to forums would anyway. :P

As an aside in relation to aux-forum organisation, it does seem a little bass-ackwards by dumping all the general/terminology/appreciation/pdfs threads into one forum. It would make more sense (IMO) to have four sub-forums, and have a single 'Novel Title' thread in each one, covering each topic. At least it'd make it easier to find the relevant thread since while 'general' topics might be on the front page, the terminology one is likely not, and so on.
We spam quite a lot of stickies in our topics nowadays. (I feel) It's good to have a EPub/pdf subforum by itself for easier access though so people know where to go directly. I like the 'Novel Shoppu' idea from somewhere, but personally, I don't really see an appreciation thread as a must. Terminology threads are definitely needed because it's hard to search through 20-30 pages of 15 posts each, but I don't really have much of an opinion on where to put those threads.
Ekriven
Astral Realm

Post by Ekriven »

Well, I don't know if my vote will be counted, but still, just to help out:

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (I know that there may be people who object this, but it's gotten quite famous as anime and manga, so a lot of threads with large number of pages would appear.)
ghrrrr
Astral Realm

Post by ghrrrr »

My only choice is definetly Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

As the one supervising over Blade Dance, I would say that we aren't in need of a subforum for the time being as well as in the near future.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Might as well create one for Mahouka. Lare created quite a decent number of threads on it. :lol:

Maybe we can put Mahouka here and throw Blade Dance with Hidan no Aria?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Well I can say that Mahouka has already gotten a thumbnail pic pretty much picked out somewhere on the thread. We have been waiting for a sub for awhile.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

... wow that was quick. >.>

The "Appreciation & PDF" should probably be renamed to "Appreciation & PDF/ePUB/MOBI" to stop the "where are the epubs?" queries.

Also these threads should probably be moved into it as well, since they're on general ePUB/PDF generation threads.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5575 (Simon's epub thread)
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5443 (My PDF one... I suppose I should update the first post with all the other series' I maintain now. :? )

I was sure there were another couple of "here's PDFs I've created" posts (rather then "how do I create PDFs?") but I can't see them at the moment.

Also the stickied threads in Terminology and Guidelines can probably be un-stickied now. :P
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

denormative wrote:... wow that was quick. >.>

The "Appreciation & PDF" should probably be renamed to "Appreciation & PDF/ePUB/MOBI" to stop the "where are the epubs?" queries.

Also these threads should probably be moved into it as well, since they're on general ePUB/PDF generation threads.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5575 (Simon's epub thread)
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5443 (My PDF one... I suppose I should update the first post with all the other series' I maintain now. :? )

I was sure there were another couple of "here's PDFs I've created" posts (rather then "how do I create PDFs?") but I can't see them at the moment.

Also the stickied threads in Terminology and Guidelines can probably be un-stickied now. :P
I've moved them, though I'm keeping a redirect in the ePub generator's case so that people can find the topic. Also, technical difficulties usually redirect users there, so...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”