Mahouka: Volumes 1-8 Discussion

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Mahouka: Volumes 1-8 Discussion

Post by larethian »

This is the discussion thread for volumes 1 to 8.
zwabbit
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volumes 1-8 Discussion

Post by zwabbit »

Welp, so much for not taking on another side project. Taking a crack at Amelia in Wonderland. Sidenote, are we mostly settled on her "last" name being Goldie? And would people prefer rolling updates or bulk updates for the translation?
popocatepetl
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by popocatepetl »

Bulk updates
If only the finest birds in the forest dared sing, how quiet the forest would be.
-William W. Purkey
TlclT
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TlclT »

little question: Is the volume 5 completelly translated or it's missing some chapter as the main page look like? Cause there's the full text but not sure since on the page 3/6 chapter don't exist.

I wanna be sure it's complete too before starting this serie
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

TlclT wrote:little question: Is the volume 5 completelly translated or it's missing some chapter as the main page look like? Cause there's the full text but not sure since on the page 3/6 chapter don't exist.

I wanna be sure it's complete too before starting this serie
Volume 5 is all side stories. The ones translated are the ones that pertain to the main plot so it's fine to go ahead and read past it.
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by royaloyalz »

As has been mentioned, volume 5 consists of short stories, and the ones that have been translated are those that have a relation to the future volumes so you can go ahead and read them.

I would like to think that the other short stories will eventually get translated as well, but I think volume 9 is currently the priority in everyone's mind.

Just read the whole series from volume 1 again, must say that I really really like it :lol: Enjoyed is tremendously even though it was my 2nd read through. Reading volume 4 again now just for laughs.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
abbad0n
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Re: Mahouka: Volumes 1-8 Discussion

Post by abbad0n »

Thanks for posting Volume 5: Friendship, trust and the dubious lolicon

Interesting insight into the friendship of Masaki and Kichijouji. Will be interesting to see how this informs their development in year 2.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

After reading through the currently translated chapters twice, I'm not sure if I missed it but did anyone actually win the thesis competition?
abbad0n

Post by abbad0n »

It wasn't explicitly stated, but because of the war I'm assuming the Thesis Competition got cancelled.
kaie08
Mikuru's Master

Post by kaie08 »

Well 3rd High couldn't even present their project so a real winner couldn't be really decided and the rest of the presentations' material got erased by Tatsuya so there's hardly gonna be a victor.
The First
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

shouldn't the 'full text' be removed from the volume 5 title?
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
popocatepetl
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by popocatepetl »

During the clean up process where Tatsuya is attacked by star dust, didn't Miyuki somehow or another ordered/petitioned the clean up process to the Yotsuba?

She does say in one of her monologues that not letting his brother know about her intervention render her a "bad sister". Tatsuya also thinks that the clean up process proceeds to fast [when talking to Hayama, buttler of the Yotsuba], even for the Yotsuba. And Maya gives the news about the clean up to Miyuki [may be implicating that Miyuki will have to pay for the favor in the future with interest?].
If only the finest birds in the forest dared sing, how quiet the forest would be.
-William W. Purkey
Shawne03
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Tatsuya

Post by Shawne03 »

1. Is it just me or does he appear to have more emotions than orginally stated?
2.Just who or what left scars on his body?
3.How many limiters are on him?
4.Just how powerful is he really?
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

1. He does have emotions, just not strong ones(apart from the ones for Miyuki) For example: He'll get annoyed, but not angry.
2. Unknown, but logically speaking it happened before the age of 6. Perhaps during his training to be a Guardian, perhaps experimental, perhaps abuse,...
3. 1: Miyuki
4. I assume you have read the first 8 chapters, so I assume you know. Perhaps only Flash Cast is something where we don't know exactly to what extent he can use it.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well there are more limiters. From the things we know: the magic used by Miyuki, his feelings to Miyuki (yeah that too) than armys prohibition of using several things, Yotsuba´s prohibition of using flash cast and as for other limiters, we might get to know about them later (if there are even more).

As for the scars, I wouldn´t say the age of 6 is the right number, he should have been able to use his internal magic even before getting the operation, but it is a truth that it had to be before he mastered this his ability (or because it wasn´t important enough injury to restore?).

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”