Mahouka - Visitor Arc : Volumes 9, 10 & 11

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka - Visitor Arc : Volumes 9, 10 & 11

Post by KuroiHikari »

I can't tell if you meant to be hurtful, but it sure seems so.
So, I'll give you a warning here. Note, he doesn't have to give a est date. And one more thing, it's not a deadline.
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

Agreed, Dreyakis is translating very fast, and it's thanks to him that we are able to read the novel.

Dreyakis, and the other translators sashiko and Seitsuki and Setsuna, thank you once again.

By the way, who is the one who is translating Amelia in Wonderland?
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

1.I agree DarkDooM's picture is a little mean. I know it can be frustrating when his estimates are off but, even if he misses his current estimate by two week, he will still finish that chapter at least twice as fast as I could.

Without Dreyakis, this project would probably either stalled or on volume 4 or 6. So please do not do anything to piss him off.

2.As for Tatsuya's emotions, he displays a lot of emotions in chapters of this arc that are yet untranslated or in the parts that people are waiting to read until they can read the chapters in order.

3. Zwabbit is translating Amelia. I believe this is his first translation effort so, I am estimating that he is probably completing 1-2 pages per week. He will get faster as he learns to use his translation aids (online dictionaries,etc) but, I don't expect him to finish or update again this month or next month.

Sashiko
DarkDooM
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DarkDooM »

Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

DarkDooM wrote:Image
Unfortunately you need to have an actual sense of humor to even attempt to give others a sense of humor. In no way was your picture funny and all it could possibly have done is piss off Drey and possibly make him drop the translation entirely. So sorry but your picture was totally uncalled for and this answering picture does not cover it up.
abbad0n
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by abbad0n »

Just read through Volume 9 again.

Would Tatsuya be able to use Muspelheim? From the description it would seem to be something he could do, or are there reasons he couldn't?
Volume 9 Chapter 7 wrote:A hell which consumed the air in scorching purgatory, 'Muspelheim' … an area magic which decomposed gas molecules into plasma, and furthermore, by forcibly separating the ions from the electrons, created a high energy electromagnetic field.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

abbad0n wrote:Just read through Volume 9 again.

Would Tatsuya be able to use Muspelheim? From the description it would seem to be something he could do, or are there reasons he couldn't?
Volume 9 Chapter 7 wrote:A hell which consumed the air in scorching purgatory, 'Muspelheim' … an area magic which decomposed gas molecules into plasma, and furthermore, by forcibly separating the ions from the electrons, created a high energy electromagnetic field.
It does seem like it would a spell that would be right up his alley. I can't see why he wouldn't be able to use it if it was truly a spell of decomposition.
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

Gohankuten wrote:

]A hell which consumed the air in scorching purgatory, 'Muspelheim' … an area magic which decomposed gas molecules into plasma, and furthermore, by forcibly separating the ions from the electrons, created a high energy electromagnetic field.
It does seem like it would a spell that would be right up his alley. I can't see why he wouldn't be able to use it if it was truly a spell of decomposition.
I hate to rain it down on you, but just because it uses the word 'decompose' in the description doesn't mean Tatsuya can use it. The primary reason is, he himself does not have the ability to form this 'decomposed gas state', which involves as quoted, the separation of ions from electrons, which is fundamentally different from Tatsuya's Decomposition ability. Though now that I look at it, it should be "separating electrons from ions" and not the other way around.
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

Actually that's a pretty decent theory, he can take stuff apart at a molecular level. He at the very least has the potential to do it.

That being said, do I think he will try this at any point for any reason ? Nope, would be cool as hell to see him pull this off randomly at some point in the future however.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Detalz wrote: I hate to rain it down on you, but just because it uses the word 'decompose' in the description doesn't mean Tatsuya can use it. The primary reason is, he himself does not have the ability to form this 'decomposed gas state', which involves as quoted, the separation of ions from electrons, which is fundamentally different from Tatsuya's Decomposition ability. Though now that I look at it, it should be "separating electrons from ions" and not the other way around.
Actually the separation of ions from electrons is not fundamentally different from Tatsuya's decomposition ability. He can easily break things down to the molecular level so it's not unlikely he could also go down to the atomic and subatomic levels. But this is really a moot point since I could never see Tatsuya actually using this magic since it doesn't seem like it would be efficient compared to what Tatsuya can already do. But I still think he could do this magic easily if he wanted to if this magic only involved decomposition which is where I am unsure if it does or not.
Niflheim
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Niflheim »

A followup up pic to one that landed you a warning, clearly someone isnt the sharpest tool in the shed anyway ...

Tatsuya couldnt use it even if his life depended on it, okay exaggeration on my part but it is basic physics and a smokescreen of the use of 'decompose' in the description of Muspelheim. Plasma is one of the 4 states of matter, the other 3 being liquid, solid and gas. What Muspelheim does is heating up the gas molecules to ionize them into plasma. You still got the matter the gas was made up of originally, just in a different form this time (plasma). Now we look at Tatsuya's Mist Dispersion
Vol.4 Modern Magic wrote:Mist Dispersion By interfering with the structural information, this magic decomposes substances into molecules such as ions and the basic elements.
Decompose, is akin to separate/break down into components or basic elements, this is backed by all the uses we have seen of it thus far as well. Mist Dispersion doesn't alter the state matter is in, which Muspelheim does, it simply destroys what ever it is used on down to its molecules. I'm clueless as to what japanese word is used in the raws but unless it is strictly the word for 'decompose' it should be worth changing it to 'changes' in the description of Muspelheim.
Riso raknar, rann álfraudull, nordr at niflheim
nióla sótti; upp nam ár Giöll Úlfrúnar nidr,
hornþytvalldr Himinbiarga

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Give me KanColle in english please Kadokawa Games!
bugrick59
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by bugrick59 »

I want to thank all the Translators and Editors that have brought me such a wonderful story. It's by far my favorite story on Baka Tsuki website. Thank you all your hard work.
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

bugrick59 wrote:I want to thank all the Translators and Editors that have brought me such a wonderful story. It's by far my favorite story on Baka Tsuki website. Thank you all your hard work.
You should post/move this into ''Mahouka: Staff Appreciation'' thread.
danv
Astral Realm

Post by danv »

I just finished volume 11 chapter 13 and I am out of chapters again... makes me sad but it was awesome to get to read all of volume 10 in quick succession.

Spoiler of ch 13 inside tags...
Spoiler! :
I feel like Lina is just too weak to be the "most powerful" soldier of the US. She seems to make mistakes all the time in fights against just about everybody. But I otherwise like her character so hopefully she won't disappear after her current loss to Tatsuya
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

danv wrote:I just finished volume 11 chapter 13 and I am out of chapters again... makes me sad but it was awesome to get to read all of volume 10 in quick succession.

Spoiler of ch 13 inside tags...
Spoiler! :
I feel like Lina is just too weak to be the "most powerful" soldier of the US. She seems to make mistakes all the time in fights against just about everybody. But I otherwise like her character so hopefully she won't disappear after her current loss to Tatsuya
Spoiler! :
Lina is the most powerful magician in the USNA, that's the meaning of Sirius. But she is still very young and is lacking experience, hence why she lost.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”