Mahouka - Visitor Arc : Volumes 9, 10 & 11

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

crisisavatar
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka - Visitor Arc : Volumes 9, 10 & 11

Post by crisisavatar »

I was hating on this arc until these last couple of updates. Now that is all put together is a different beast and I am quite happy with it.
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by royaloyalz »

crisisavatar wrote:I was hating on this arc until these last couple of updates. Now that is all put together is a different beast and I am quite happy with it.
It was building up to something big, so I guess that's to be expected!

Can't wait for chapter 15 to link to chapter 16, especially since it's pretty long. About 1/5 of my way through it now, think I will take quite a while before I finish it, however if I don't read it I just know that I will miss out on quite a bit, so I will just have to bite down and read it with my lousy Chinese.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

larethian wrote:
Mahesvara wrote:I'm fairly certain the LeoxErika ship was sunk in volume 10
I agree. Erika totally has the hots for Leo, however she tries to justify otherwise.
Don't you mean Tatsuya?
Azyrion

Post by Azyrion »

Mahesvara wrote:
larethian wrote: I agree. Erika totally has the hots for Leo, however she tries to justify otherwise.
Don't you mean Tatsuya?
Should be, even so I can't seem to find the chapter.

EDIT: Found it in ch8 must have been too fast at scanning^^
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

I would love to read an alternative world version where Tatsuya Is a scumbag and no one loved him but his sister. The running gag would be her saying how awesome her brother is and no one being able to figure out why.
soulg77
Astral Realm

Post by soulg77 »

Just wondering is volume 10 chapter 12 completely translated? It says "To be continued" at the bottom so just.
Kadzu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kadzu »

Spoiler! :
“Please don’t say you’ll regret this or something clichéd like that? I would be too ashamed to be your opponent.”
Tatsuya trolled so much in this part. xD
\
deanimation
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by deanimation »

I'm really curious on the last part of chapter 7. The part where Lina lost and have to answer "Yes" or "No" to Tatsuya's queries.
Are the questions actually in the light novel or are they intentionally omitted by the author?
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

They are omitted.
deanimation
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by deanimation »

Ulrick wrote:They are omitted.
Thank you for the clarification.

I really enjoyed the visitor arc.
Shtirliz74
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shtirliz74 »

Finally read all three volumes. Thank you, Dreyakis, Sashiko, Seitsuki and all guys, who did a great work to translate and correct these volumes. :D
Spoiler! :
Story so far so good. Throught scene with Raymond Clark and all this staff about Hliðskjálf and Echelon III were really terrible and bad and I think the story would be better without them(maybe it's only my opinion).
And that again - devil Mayumi was one of the best.
Looking forward to see where will story to turn in volume 12.
abbad0n

Post by abbad0n »

Wow. I completely missed this the previous 2 times I read this:
Volume 12 Chapter 15 wrote:Unlike Mayumi, Fujibayashi was also working to hide the fact that the daughter of the Saegusa Family's head was being used as a cat's paw, since she knew that the head was secretly observing all of this behind his daughter's back.
This gives me an even more unpleasant feeling about Mayumi's situation.
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

abbad0n wrote:Wow. I completely missed this the previous 2 times I read this:
Volume 12 Chapter 15 wrote:Unlike Mayumi, Fujibayashi was also working to hide the fact that the daughter of the Saegusa Family's head was being used as a cat's paw, since she knew that the head was secretly observing all of this behind his daughter's back.
This gives me an even more unpleasant feeling about Mayumi's situation.
In context, this isn't too surprising given that Mayumi is not heir to the house. (She has two older brothers.) The Japanese magical community has a practically medieval feel to its treatment of children as marriage components and inheritance though.
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Dreyakis wrote:
abbad0n wrote:This gives me an even more unpleasant feeling about Mayumi's situation.
In context, this isn't too surprising given that Mayumi is not heir to the house. (She has two older brothers.) The Japanese magical community has a practically medieval feel to its treatment of children as marriage components and inheritance though.
No need to go that far back, I still recall this sort of thing being pretty common pre-WW1 in 'western' nobility.

Or you could take a look at more tribal-focused areas of the world (Afghanistan comes to mind, as does parts of Africa); and pretty much anywhere with some sort of 'caste' system still operating (usually with the associated "women as second class citizens" issues, significant 'dowry' culture and so on), they usually have a reasonable proportion of "political" marriages.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
hakazee
Astral Realm

Post by hakazee »

Shtirliz74 wrote:Finally read all three volumes. Thank you, Dreyakis, Sashiko, Seitsuki and all guys, who did a great work to translate and correct these volumes. :D
Spoiler! :
Story so far so good. Throught scene with Raymond Clark and all this staff about Hliðskjálf and Echelon III were really terrible and bad and I think the story would be better without them(maybe it's only my opinion).
And that again - devil Mayumi was one of the best.
Looking forward to see where will story to turn in volume 12.
Eh really ?

I think those Wikileaks thing is interesting.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”