Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoilers)

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoil

Post by Zuruumi »

SkyZenith wrote:
My personal opinion is that he didn't really think deeply of what to answer because he is being overwhelmed by the device otaku. If someone is close enough to touch you face to face I think even I would be hard pressed to answer deeply and with thought. And one strong evidence is this line from volume three:
Spoiler! :
"Hey, hey, Shiba-kun, let me ask you, what do you think Taurus Silver is like?"
A purely inquisitive gaze.
Wanting to change the subject, Tatsuya replied back trying to stall for time.
"Well...... I wonder how shocking would it be if he turned out to be a Japanese teenager like us."
Well I agree with you. Also, the thing about taurus silver is his least important secret. In the worst case if it got to be known publicly it would stay at the leavel of "a bit bothersome to his aunt and father" which by itself wouldn´t be so much of problem (especially in comparision to his strategic class magic etc.)
gradient
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by gradient »

Zuruumi wrote:
SkyZenith wrote:
My personal opinion is that he didn't really think deeply of what to answer because he is being overwhelmed by the device otaku. If someone is close enough to touch you face to face I think even I would be hard pressed to answer deeply and with thought. And one strong evidence is this line from volume three:
Spoiler! :
"Hey, hey, Shiba-kun, let me ask you, what do you think Taurus Silver is like?"
A purely inquisitive gaze.
Wanting to change the subject, Tatsuya replied back trying to stall for time.
"Well...... I wonder how shocking would it be if he turned out to be a Japanese teenager like us."
Well I agree with you. Also, the thing about taurus silver is his least important secret. In the worst case if it got to be known publicly it would stay at the leavel of "a bit bothersome to his aunt and father" which by itself wouldn´t be so much of problem (especially in comparision to his strategic class magic etc.)
him going public with being Silver is actually part of his plan. i seem to remember reading that somewhere in the 9 School Competition arc.
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
abbad0n
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by abbad0n »

gradient wrote:
Zuruumi wrote:Well I agree with you. Also, the thing about taurus silver is his least important secret. In the worst case if it got to be known publicly it would stay at the leavel of "a bit bothersome to his aunt and father" which by itself wouldn´t be so much of problem (especially in comparision to his strategic class magic etc.)
him going public with being Silver is actually part of his plan. i seem to remember reading that somewhere in the 9 School Competition arc.
You mean this?
Volume 4 Chapter 9 wrote:According to the plan, "Shiba Tatsuya" was only supposed to be revealed post graduation.
Unfortunately we don't know if that applies to him having the blood of the Yatsuba, being Silver, both, or something else entirely.
kaie08
Mikuru's Master

Post by kaie08 »

Volume 4 Chapter 9 wrote:According to the plan, "Shiba Tatsuya" was only supposed to be revealed post graduation.
Unfortunately we don't know if that applies to him having the blood of the Yatsuba, being Silver, both, or something else entirely.[/quote]

"According to the plan" used in that way doesn't mean he intends to reveal himself to the world, it means that he would like if it wasn't revealed before. Also it's obviously referring to being Silver. Being a Yotsuba is on a whole another level of secrecy and danger.
abbad0n

Post by abbad0n »

kaie08 wrote:
"According to the plan" used in that way doesn't mean he intends to reveal himself to the world, it means that he would like if it wasn't revealed before. Also it's obviously referring to being Silver. Being a Yotsuba is on a whole another level of secrecy and danger.
No it isn't obvious. Once everyone knows who his sister is and takes up the position of head of the Yotsuba (and he takes up his position there), he's going to be outed for that secret.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

I think he mentioned that once they graduate from High school he will disclose the Taurus Silver secret (at least how I understood it) and it is also truth, that if Miyuki reveals her true name he kind of gets his Yostuba secret revealed, too (it is kind of hard to reveal the real family of only one of two siblings :)).
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

Both of them revealing themselves once they inherit the family is unavoidable, no much guessing there. They're keeping things quiet for the time being as it's expected due to them both having to grow themselves for those roles.
Last edited by crisisavatar on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rahloo_
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rahloo_ »

just wondering what would happen if a parasite used tats as a host or attempted to reproduce would there be any significant differences compared to other magicians used by the parasites mostly curious on the emotional aspect would parasite allow tats feelings and would he become even more op.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Wouldn´t it be rather impossible for the parasites to even posess Tatsuya? Firstly he has almost no feelings for them to get drawn to and even if they latched on his feelings to Miyuki, wouldn´t he just automatically rewrite himself with parasite thus getting dispelled from his body?
Rahloo_
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rahloo_ »

I was unsure about regrowth taking affect We know his brain has been altered befor by his mother but that could be because while he was young the auto regrowth was a bit slower maybe or weaker or it didnt physically change his brain So it wouldnt a warrant an activation of regrowth unlike the parasites that cause physical changes in the brain.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Isn´t it just because he wasn´t capable of automatical regrowth before the change? Frstly it might be using the artifical area for starting the regrowth (which would explain it´s monstrous speed especially with consideration to flash cast) or he just might not have been good enought for using it yet.
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Guest2 »

More important is that restoration is different to mental manipulation magic and would not work on the 'mind'. Miya's magic is outer-systematic magic that works on the metaphysical mind/soul of a person. Tatsuya was born without outer-systematic talent and his restoration cannot affect the pushion body that is the 'mind'.

Tatsuya is also a super siscon. He gives off more than plenty enough emotion with how much he loves and spoils his sister.
Corfal
Astral Realm

Post by Corfal »

abbad0n wrote:
kaie08 wrote: "According to the plan" used in that way doesn't mean he intends to reveal himself to the world, it means that he would like if it wasn't revealed before. Also it's obviously referring to being Silver. Being a Yotsuba is on a whole another level of secrecy and danger.
No it isn't obvious. Once everyone knows who his sister is and takes up the position of head of the Yotsuba (and he takes up his position there), he's going to be outed for that secret.

I know it's been a month since this has last been discussed, but abbad0n, the context of that quote allows you to make some assumptions. They're talking about the competition and how the First Year girls took the top three spots in an event where optimized CAD software would have a noticeable impact. Although, it could be about him overall as a person, the fact that he's a strategic-class magician and the like. Since that passage mostly talks about him not wanting to attract attention to himself.
licantropo_
Astral Realm

Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoilers)

Post by licantropo_ »

i don't know if someone already posting about this, so I'll post it here, on past tatsuya, he is son of Maya product that suffered rape, that is why all adults can not stand tatsuya because they know of these events, and therefore young people only recognize talent tatsuya.
also think about wiped his emotions as a result of wanting to expand their magic is a lie, I think it suppressed their emotions so it is not very powerful, and he can not be head of the family, and as we know the emotions governing control magic
kaie08
Mikuru's Master

Post by kaie08 »

licantropo_ wrote:i don't know if someone already posting about this, so I'll post it here, on past tatsuya, he is son of Maya product that suffered rape, that is why all adults can not stand tatsuya because they know of these events, and therefore young people only recognize talent tatsuya.
also think about wiped his emotions as a result of wanting to expand their magic is a lie, I think it suppressed their emotions so it is not very powerful, and he can not be head of the family, and as we know the emotions governing control magic
You do realise Maya suffered rape in her teens? The Unstoppable events happened in 2062 Tatsuya is a 15 years old in 2092 math is not an opinion <.< so i rest my case

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”