Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoilers)

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Enichi
Astral Realm

Re: Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (spoilers)

Post by Enichi »

Ehsan wrote:I'm little confuse about how many and who knows Tatsuya's Identity as special lieutenant from Magic high school....... :?:
I believe Katsuto, Mayumi, Mari, Suzune, Kirihara, Isori, Kanon, Sayaka, Erika, Leo, Mikihiko, Mizuki, Honoka, and Shizuku knows that Tatsuya is part of the JDSF One Zero One Magic Battalion.
Ehsan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ehsan »

Enichi wrote:
Ehsan wrote:I'm little confuse about how many and who knows Tatsuya's Identity as special lieutenant from Magic high school....... :?:
I believe Katsuto, Mayumi, Mari, Suzune, Kirihara, Isori, Kanon, Sayaka, Erika, Leo, Mikihiko, Mizuki, Honoka, and Shizuku knows that Tatsuya is part of the JDSF One Zero One Magic Battalion.
Thnx :) :) :) :)
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

One who wants to learn can learn something from everything.
Intution
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Intution »

Enichi wrote:
That is not completly right. Only Katsuto knows for sure that Tatsuya is from JSDF "One Zero One Magic Battalion". The others do not know about the unit. Kazama didn't reveal it in front of them after all. Though, I think, Mayumi might know about it. Also the same goes for Sayaka. Her Dad and Kazama are very close friends and probably have met several times.

- Edit

Though i said Kazama didn't reveal his unit. He did mention they work for the JSDF - Tatsuya included. (Read between the lines TheLag, between the lines! Never said anything about them not knowing that Tatsuya works for JSDF - only that their unit wasn't revealed. ...Ahem. Don't take it to heart)
Last edited by Intution on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Intution wrote:That is not completly right. Only Katsuto knows for sure that Tatsuya is from JSDF "One Zero One Magic Battalion". The others do not know about the unit. Kazama didn't reveal it in front of them after all. Though, I think, Mayumi might know about it. Also the same goes for Sayaka. Her Dad and Kazama are very close friends and probably have met several times.
Yes Katsuto knows the unit and some Info about it, but People who saw Tatsuya floating around in that shiny suit, also knows that he is in some military stuff :) Details are unknown to them. Also, Kazama reviled that Tatsuya is classified unit to Mayumi, Mari and Katsuto + some other students, that also is known, details on his involvement is also mystery to them probably.
Rava
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rava »

I... hope the word you're looking for there is "revealed" and not "reviled."

(They don't sound anything alike either, and reviled is VERY bad.)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (spoilers aplenty)

Post by larethian »

Ehsan wrote:I just don't get why tatsuya is not Yotsuba candidate but rather a guardian ...i know when he was child.he couldn't use magic like everyone else but after reading till volume 8, I don't see why tatsuya couldn't be a Yotsuba candidate.He has magics that could rival the current head Yotsuba Maya aka "The Maou of the Far East" and "The Queen of Night".! :!: :!: :!:
Well, you probably haven't read the novel carefully enough or understood it properly (no worries) :D . Tatsuya is not a Magician in the truest sense. Magic is the ability to create a persistent alteration of Information bodies, the ability to change a phenomenon. Tatsuya was unable to do that before he was made an Artificial Magician (and even after becoming an artificial magician, he was pretty much considered a failure given his mediocre abilities).
Tatsuya's original inborn abilities only allowed him to decompose and restore Information bodies, not Alter them. Yeah, his inborn abilities may seem very hax, but without his artificial abilities, aside from his intellect, he can only become a killer and restorer and can't do anything else that resemble magic. I reckon that if Miya had been successful to a high extent in making him an Artificial Magician, he wouldn't have been relegated to becoming merely a Guardian.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Sorry, but please stop discussing Ninendo stuff here, or in any other thread pertaining to only tankoubon stuff.
Sashiko I deleted your post as it may attract spoiler replies.
Mayonaka
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Character Discussion: Shiba Tatsuya (bunko spoil

Post by Mayonaka »

I just realized that with devices similar to Third Eye and just Mist Dispersal, Tatsuya might probably able to be Assassin, and a good one. I meant, with third Eye he can pinpoint any Eidos inside the satellite(s) coverage (maybe the whole world if there are multiple satellites/not geostationary). Maybe it would take time to specifically target a person, but once he does, there is no escaping it. And with Mist Dispersal, *poof* the person would disappear into flames. He could target any country's leader, or any influential person in any forces, and probably the only thing that can know its his doings/detect him are something on the level of Elemental Sight or higher is on the site when the assassination occurs( I meant even USNA cant confidently confirm that Tatsuya is the one using Material Burst on the Asian Alliance, and only focused on him after eliminating other suspects)
Thoughts?
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

No need to spoiler tag unless it's info from Ninendo. Unnecessary spoiler tags will induce people to reply in spoiler tags, creating a string of spoiler tags which makes the thread a bit more difficult to browse.

Btw, it's Mist Dispersal? I thought it's Mist Dispersion.
Samael609
Literature Club Member

Post by Samael609 »

For me Tatsuya can target and track every eidos he can see visually, considering the destruction potential of material burst if he want to use it without sending an object targeted beforehand (like in vol 8 ) he has to use the third eye because the size of the object is very small in regard of the security distance he have to maintain. So for me the only things spécial about Third eye it's targeting ability, like the difference between a lense and a telescope.

So since mist dispersal is more proper (in radius destruction) than material burst i think that Tatsuya can use it freely the ways you describe, and if he use it to it's maximum i hightly doubt that even dust remain.
Last edited by Samael609 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
kaie08
Mikuru's Master

Post by kaie08 »

Mayonaka wrote:He could target any country's leader, or any influential person in any forces, and probably the only thing that can know its his doings/detect him are something on the level of Elemental Sight or higher is on the site when the assassination occurs( I meant even USNA cant confidently confirm that Tatsuya is the one using Material Burst on the Asian Alliance, and only focused on him after eliminating other suspects)
Thoughts?
Well he could surely be a good assasin but absolutely not a covert one. Just think at it for a second Is there someone else with the ability to make a body "disappear" if not Mahesvara and his Devil Right? >Japan would be immediately linked to it and would be forced to decide whether to go to war with whomever's influencial leader was killed or dispose of Tatsuya to protect itself
Uso
Astral Realm

Post by Uso »

Tatsuya is a Born Specialized Magician who could only weild Decomposition magic and Regrowth magic. These 2 magics are mostly removing and readding/rewounding the information in the eidos which doesn't qualify as magic. For this reason Miya and Maya decided to experiment with him, removing his emotions (they made the calculations it would be place for only 1 emotion and chose the best suited one). after this Tatsuya gained the ability to use magic, but not well which made him not worthy of being a Yotsuba and were stripped of the name and chosen as a Guardian for Miyuki due to his abilitys.

Tatsuya does have the ability to win in a 1 on 1 with his aunt but can't deal with the Yotsuba afterwards and for this reason follows the orders (though as he said only Miyuki can order him ;from volume 8;) Though everyone knows Miyuki would gladly follow her brother if he would oppose the Yotsubas. Miyuki is feeling a sense of duty towards Yotsuba which she received from her mother, though her wish to support Tatsuya is bigger. Yotsuba is using Tatsuya as a guardian for Miyuki, while they use Miyuki to keep control over Tatsuya.

The only reason i see that Tatsuya would oppose the Yotsubas would be because Miyuki doesn't like them for what they did to her brother, and not because he disliked them. As we got to know from volume 8, in Okinawa, the reason he saved Yotsuba Miya was because Miyuki would be sad if she died.

This is what i've understood atleast. Might not be correct buuuut...

Off topic:
Have we been informed what happened to Tatsuya and Miyukis mother after Okinawa? apparently she died but how and when is currently the thing bugging me the most, followed by who that guy appearing in the Ninendo chapters is(Magazine Illustrations).
Swarz
Astral Realm

Post by Swarz »

Miya died because her health deteriorated through constant use of her powers due to the guilt of what she did to Maya. She basically turned Maya experiences into knowledge after her kidnapping (Read, Untouchable for further information). And Maya blamed her for it.
Uso
Astral Realm

Post by Uso »

[quote="Swarz"]Miya died because her health deteriorated through constant use of her powers due to the guilt of what she did to Maya. She basically turned Maya experiences into knowledge after her kidnapping (Read, Untouchable for further information). And Maya blamed her for it.[/quote]

Ahh tyvm for that :D
bunnybacon
Astral Realm

Post by bunnybacon »

If Tatsuya can alter the information on the Eidos and revert things backward... could he, theoretically, live forever?
For example, couldn't he, every night before going to bed, revert his body back to the status he had 24 hours prior? I wonder if this will be approached upon or discussed in the novel.
Furthermore, what would happen if someone else figured it out / if his family decided to take advantage of it. The clan that lives forever...

Ill just put this here.
Discuss

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”