Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

User avatar
eroz
Astral Realm

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by eroz »

Breakers wrote:no no that's because Maya's Meteors Line is Special.


Just as it’s impossible to defend against by magic which shields against physical phenomena, it’s almost impossible to defend against Meteor Line with anti magic. Since it’s mediated via the physical phenomenon called light, preventing it purely via anti magic such as interference over an area is extremely difficult. If one’s interference strength in the single element ‘distribution of light’ cannot exceed Maya’s, ‘Meteor Line’ is unstoppable. As ‘distribution of light’ is Maya’s innate magic, interfering with it is far too high a hurdle. And once the magic has been activated, even if one tries to cause interference in the area of effect, the phenomena rewriting effect that ‘light has moved’ has already taken place.



Phalanx isn't Ultimate when they face Yotsuba Maya. because she use Light and it can penetrate everything that is not 100% transparent.
as long as Maya's light can hit the object, it will vaporized.

Maya is invincible if she fight with Juumonji. but Juumonji can hold Tatsuya decomposition if he keep spamming his phalanx ( i'm not sure if it can block MB or not )
maybe juumonji will choose to fight Tats rather than fight Maya. because they are 100% death if they fight Maya. but they still can run away if fight Tats.


use mirror type magic.
mirror is an object that reflects light. as long as her light is reflected. you're safe.
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Guest2 »

Kurumi wrote:Even if he reduce the scale, the destructive power of MB is the same, the heat generated by 1 gram of matter is the same of converting 500 grams of matter. The difference is only on the scale of destruction.
Is that so? Wasn't there an actual energy formula given for the result of his MB magic. Doesn't less energy produce less heat?

But I do suppose the damage would be the same if the MB target is on or inside the defending mage's body. But then its no longer a wide area attack and using Mist Dispersal would have been alot more efficient anyway.

crisisavatar wrote:Tatsuya can use his ability behind target and have himself out of range, that solves suicide.
Isn't that pretty much how he uses MB already, out of range of its effect. I would also assume any regular person who uses a low-scale conventional explosive while hiding behind cover could cause damage to an unprepared powerful magician.

Samael609 wrote:No but if a part of protons of an atom are converted into energy or simply separate matter will rearrange itself to another element, for example if you take 3 protons from lead you obtain gold, in fact you may have to take some neutrons too. Even if it's different we have see that tatsuya can target a part of a whole.
I see. So what you're saying is it could happen as sort of a natural side effect, following Tatsuya using decomposition magic.

Samael609 wrote:Apparently for targeting something remotely he have to see it with is bare eyes once (apparently even a shot from a camera is enought), that was true when he use MB when he was 13.
Not really(e.g sniper in V6), he explains in V7 (when going after the locust magician attacking the helicopters) its just easier for him if he can see the target.
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Breakers wrote:Phalanx isn't Ultimate when they face Yotsuba Maya. because she use Light and it can penetrate everything that is not 100% transparent.
as long as Maya's light can hit the object, it will vaporized.

Maya is invincible if she fight with Juumonji. but Juumonji can hold Tatsuya decomposition if he keep spamming his phalanx ( i'm not sure if it can block MB or not )


If the Juumonji's family magic could hold off Hiroshima blasts, Tatsuya can simply scale 1000 times by targeting something that weighs a little more, as seen with him from transmuting a raindrop to wipe out a ship, then targeting a flag to wipe out a battlefleet.

If the Juumonji family 'Phalanx' can hold off 1,000 Hiroshimas, first of all, it shouldn't be called 'Phalanx', but instead 'Absolute Territory'. And then Tatsuya could go from transmuting a 1 kg flag/rock or something to a 1 ton vehicle/object and unleash one million Hiroshimas. If that failed (how?) he could move onto a 1,000 ton boat or a million ton skyscraper/hydroponic dam...

In fact, other than the line-of-sight requirement, there are no other limitations revealed so far on Tatsuya's Materiel Burst ability. He is truly a walking Apocalypse- one person who outclasses the entire nuclear stockpiles of all nations.

Obviously, this is irrelevant at close range. At close range Tatsuya's Mist Dispersal would be countered by the Phalanx, but Tatsuya's mastery of Gram Demolition could swing odds back the other way- especially if Katsuto or another Juumonji isn't expecting Mist Dispersal.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
Samael609
Literature Club Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:36 am
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: france

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Samael609 »

Guest2 wrote:I see. So what you're saying is it could happen as sort of a natural side effect, following Tatsuya using decomposition magic.

Not as a side effect because if keep that way each atom reduced will emit enough energy to disperse the atoms, for transmuting sommething energy have to be regulate or the blast will disperse the target. In fact when bond between atom/molecule are destroyed energy is released so in adequation with law of physic Mist Dispersal produce energy (witch is far less powerfull than enregy from the bond inside an atom) but it seems that it's energy isn't manifested so Tatsuya magic may do something about it.

Guest2 wrote:Not really(e.g sniper in V6), he explains in V7 (when going after the locust magician attacking the helicopters) its just easier for him if he can see the target.


With this two case he have something to track their position using either the bullet (from the sniper) or the magic used, so he can identify them, my point is that he can't target something he haven't identify, if he can there is not point using Third Eye for Mb.

But if magic can whistand Mb a new way to use Mb can be canalizing it ( like a kind of cannon) so it can creat a kind of energy beam.

Sorry my english isn't flawless.
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Guest2 wrote:Wasn't there an actual energy formula given for the result of his MB magic. Doesn't less energy produce less heat?


Einsteinian conversion of matter to energy yields energy in proportion to the mass times the speed of light squared; or E = MC^2. This is basic highschool physics.

Guest2 wrote:Isn't that pretty much how he uses MB already, out of range of its effect. I would also assume any regular person who uses a low-scale conventional explosive while hiding behind cover could cause damage to an unprepared powerful magician.


Of course. However, cover is relative against weapons on the nuclear scale- a 1000 lb bomb deployed from a ww2 bomber can wreck infrastructure and buildings, but is generally not a threat to hardened sites such as military submarine pens or bunkers. Tatsuya transmuting 1 gram of mass would obliterate everything withing 500 meters, and dig itself a significant crater as well.

Guest2 wrote:I see. So what you're saying is it could happen as sort of a natural side effect, following Tatsuya using decomposition magic.


I will disagree with Samael here. Mist Dispersal (so far, at least), has been described as an effect that obliterates inter-molecular bonds, creating a cloud of lesser, simpler molecules and free ions. This is far from the scale of true Transmutation. He could theoretically change water into Oxygen and Hydrogen, but he would not have enacted transmutation on the nuclei.

@Samael

English is a relatively easy language. Just study harder?
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
Breakers
Mikuru's Master
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Breakers »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:Obviously, this is irrelevant at close range. At close range Tatsuya's Mist Dispersal would be countered by the Phalanx, but Tatsuya's mastery of Gram Demolition could swing odds back the other way- especially if Katsuto or another Juumonji isn't expecting Mist Dispersal.


Phalanx is a very complex Multi Layers magic.

the more complex the magic, it will be more difficult to dispel. it's not that easy to nullify.

if it's easy to Nullify then i don't understand why they are the Top 3 after Yotsuba and Saegusa if it's not a Plot Hole.

remember, Juumonji best magic is Phalanx. and they are Top 3 because of Phalanx. and they are beyond Ichijou Rupture.

Ichijou's Rupture is a PowerHouse ( they can boil enemies Blood ) and actually i think they are stonger, but nope. Juumonji still above them.
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Breakers wrote:Phalanx is a very complex Multi Layers magic.

the more complex the magic, it will be more difficult to dispel. it's not that easy to nullify.

if it's easy to Nullify then i don't understand why they are the Top 3 after Yotsuba and Saegusa if it's not a Plot Hole.

remember, Juumonji best magic is Phalanx. and they are Top 3 because of Phalanx. and they are beyond Ichijou Rupture.

Ichijou's Rupture is a PowerHouse ( they can boil enemies Blood ) and actually i think they are stonger, but nope. Juumonji still above them.


You are partially correct. Phalanx is difficult to nullify.

Gram Demolition is not a dispel magic. It does not try to nullify the enemy's magic.

It isn't trying to counter the spell, its just blowing apart the structure of the spell apart with a cannonball of Psions. You aren't unweaving the opponent's magic, you are just going to crush it with a tidal wave of your Psions. It is true dispersal and highly impractical for anyone without extremely high Psion counts due to it's Psion draw.

Ichijou and Juumonji are pretty strong, but the Yotsubas are just OP- and especially so with Tatsuya.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
Breakers
Mikuru's Master
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Breakers »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:Gram Demolition isn't a dispel magic. It does not try to nullify the enemy's magic.

It is true dispersal and is impractical for anyone without extremely high Psion counts due to it's Psion draw. It isn't trying to counter the spell, its just blowing apart the structure of the spell apart with a cannonball of Psions. You aren't unweaving the opponent's magic, you are just going to crush it with a tidal wave of your Psions.

Ichijou and Juumonji are pretty strong, but the Yotsubas are just OP- and especially so with Tatsuya.



Gram Demolition is not a secret magic. if what you're saying is true.

that means their Phalanx is easy to destroy. everyone can concentrate to shot him with Psion at one point and destroy their Phalanx. ( Mayumi can use Counter Magic shots a small bullet of psion )

yes they can use other magic. but Phalanx is their Best. maybe it's a Plot Hole if they are in Top 3 .
Ichijou or Itsuwa should be in Top 3 because the Juumonji are actually weaker clan and should be under them.
Last edited by Breakers on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samael609
Literature Club Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 1:36 am
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: france

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Samael609 »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:I will disagree with Samael here. Mist Dispersal (so far, at least), has been described as an effect that obliterates inter-molecular bonds, creating a cloud of lesser, simpler molecules and free ions. This is far from the scale of true Transmutation. He could theoretically change water into Oxygen and Hydrogen, but he would not have enacted transmutation on the nuclei.

It depent on how the magic work, dit it erase the bond (energy) or the concept of bond so what append to the energy in that case ? And maybe it is possible with stronger level of decomposition to alter the nuclei, all i propose is merely hypothesis, but it isn't impossible.
User avatar
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:55 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by TheLaG »

emmm, guys. about Tatsuya abilities, go to Tatsuya discussion topic :)
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Breakers wrote:
Gram Demolition is not a secret magic. if what you're saying is true.

that means their Phalanx is easy to destroy. everyone can concentrate to shot him with Psion at one point and destroy their Phalanx. ( Mayumi can use Counter Magic shots a small bullet of psion )

yes they can use other magic. but Phalanx is their Best. maybe it's a Plot Hole if they are in Top 3 .
Ichijou or Itsuwa should be in Top 3 because the Juumonji are actually weaker clan and should be under them.


Its not secret. But nobody has the Psion Count to repeatedly use Gram Demolition- except Tatsuya and Miyuki. Yotsuba OP.

Samael609 wrote:It depent on how the magic work, dit it erase the bond (energy) or the concept of bond so what append to the energy in that case ? And maybe it is possible with stronger level of decomposition to alter the nuclei, all i propose is merely hypothesis, but it isn't impossible.


The energy levels of chemical bonds are orders of magnitude below that of energy levels of nuclear binding energy within the nuclei. Possible, but extremely implausible. But this is a world of magi-tech anyways ;p

TheLaG wrote:emmm, guys. about Tatsuya abilities, go to Tatsuya discussion topic :)


Yes sir.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
Breakers
Mikuru's Master
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Breakers »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:
Breakers wrote:
Gram Demolition is not a secret magic. if what you're saying is true.

that means their Phalanx is easy to destroy. everyone can concentrate to shot him with Psion at one point and destroy their Phalanx. ( Mayumi can use Counter Magic shots a small bullet of psion )

yes they can use other magic. but Phalanx is their Best. maybe it's a Plot Hole if they are in Top 3 .
Ichijou or Itsuwa should be in Top 3 because the Juumonji are actually weaker clan and should be under them.


Its not secret. But nobody has the Psion Count to repeatedly use Gram Demolition- except Tatsuya and Miyuki. Yotsuba OP.


about Tatsuya abilities, go to Tatsuya discussion topic :wink:
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Guest2 »

Wow. some interesting details about Kudo's plans and the Kudo family seems to have shown up on the mahouka baidu thread.
User avatar
crisisavatar
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by crisisavatar »

Guest2 wrote:Wow. some interesting details about Kudo's plans and the Kudo family seems to have shown up on the mahouka baidu thread.

What are you talking about, link plz.
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Web Novel: Future Spoilers and Comparisons

Post by Guest2 »

Not yet confirmed, but if you really want to be spoiled.....

Spoiler! :
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2962598887

From posts on Animesuki:

Spoilers by Danilo Takada from Mahouka Facebook page:
"Appeared the son and grandson of Kudou Retsu in volume 13. Kudou Rstsu's son name is Kudou Makoto (actual leader of the Kudou clan ).
And Kudou Retsu's grandson name is Kudou Minoru.
Minoru has a magic power as strong as Miyuki and Rina, But your body is weak.
Minoru is a first year student at the Second School"**Guest2 edit - Large melee battle between Kuroba, Saegusa and Kudo freshmen***


Originally Posted by Flere821
*reads*
Spoiler for comment translation:
Disclaimer, I make no claims to whether that thread's comments are true.

Kudo Minoru has Miyuki level magical talent, but at the cost of like the Itsuwa tactical magician's weak body - arguably worse, Minoru is bedridden 25% of the year. The Parasites and this year's 9 school battle is involved in attempting to change that weak body.**Guest2 edit - seem to be used in the new 9 schools event***

Oh, and Minoru's a trap

Kudo have made his own version of Pixie, ie Parasite in a robot body. Possibly as the start of a revolution of magical combat, allowing magicians to stop being weapons and let the robots do the fighting.

Kudo Minoru is a child born from a brother/sister genetic material,...
Post Reply

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”