So, Incest ending impossibru?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

plomeplome
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by plomeplome »

If her Aunt make Miyuki a heir of Yotsuba, I think Miyuki will set a certain condition for accepting that offer tbh. Like making Tatsuya also a Yotsuba or something since it, its one of her main wish that he is acknowledged by the family
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well basically I don´t think their aunt would try to merry Miyuki to someone (well even if she tried Miyuki and even Tatsuya would protest and as she fears Tatsuya...), and as for making Tatsuya a Yotsuba... that would go against her pride so this might turn into quite a fight (verbal)
crisisavatar
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

I think making Maya too much of a bad guy doesn't make sense considering her position, I wouldn't mind a fight eventually and in fact I want to see it but I want her to end on good terms with our Gods.
Borderose
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Borderose »

OK, just putting this out here.

I just found out yesterday that Parvati's name in Chinese is "Snow Goddess".

I think that settles it. Miyuki is Parvati. Parvati is Shiva's wife. Tatsuya is Shiva. We have them. We've got them both. Mahesvara and the Snow Goddess. There's no question anymore. This is going to end with Tatsuya and Miyuki getting together. One way or another THEY WILL be together. Everything fits.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Borderose wrote:OK, just putting this out here.

I think that settles it. Miyuki is Parvati. Parvati is Shiva's wife. Tatsuya is Shiva. We have them. We've got them both. Mahesvara and the Snow Goddess. There's no question anymore. This is going to end with Tatsuya and Miyuki getting together. One way or another THEY WILL be together. Everything fits.

I don´t really think that this book takes so much of reference from Hinduism.
Borderose
Kyonist

Post by Borderose »

Zuruumi wrote:
Borderose wrote:OK, just putting this out here.

I don´t really think that this book takes so much of reference from Hinduism.
I think it does. Just as it also takes certain cues from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and maybe, just maybe, the Chu-Han Contention. The similarities and parallels are just too numerous to ignore. So I believe the incest ending isn't just possible, but inevitable. (Not saying that things can't go differently, of course...I just think the case is pretty strong.)
Rahloo_
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rahloo_ »

not sure if this is the right place to ask but i wondered not really about miyuki being tats sibiling but if miyuki could've also undergone changes to her mind by her mother in vol 8 I recall some odd struggles for miyuki when she was wondering about her relationship with tats in the past maybe her mom tried altering her mind to think of tats as not her brother thus ultimately leading to her loving him as a man and not a brother since she truly cant view him as such

Also wondering what was the relationship between tats miyuki and the mother before the experiment was done I doubt they would have many memories but I would think they would have some vague ones from around when tats was 5-6 and miyuki being 4-5 i guess? just find it curious that given how precious miyuki is to tats and his excellent memory that he never recalls anything or is it he was always seperated from his mom and sister?
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Guest2 »

That's what Tatsuya stated in v6, that they were originally always kept separated. There was no chance for him to interact and create any childhood memories of them together.
Rahloo_
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rahloo_ »

this is what got me wondering if miyuki had something done to her brain from vol 8 ch.4

"He is my human shield.
That is the position granted to Ani. I must become the heir of Maya Obaa-sama, therefore Ani is not my Onii-sama—
I stiffened due to a pain in the core of my brain.
For an instant, I felt as if I had no idea where I was.
Of course that was an illusion. I am at Kuroba Oji-sama’s party that I was invited to; in front of me, Oji-sama is making an discomfited face.
……Somehow I feel like I was thinking about something really important, however….that’s probably just my imagination."

this here made me think that she is really unable to think of him as her brother but once she fell in love with him she was able to label him as onii-sama even though she didnt view him as her brother but more of partner this labelling occured due to her new view thus causing no pain when calling him oniisama
Guest2
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Guest2 »

Its hard to say. It could just be mental instability due to the conflict of the heart and the mind following a strict upbringing. Since the actual confirmed cases seen in the novel do not indicate that pain is a side effect of confronting mental blocks from magic related mental reprogramming.
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

True, we do not know what side effects, if any, accompany Yostuba Miya's magic. Although as pointed out by Miyuki in the Visitor Arc Tatsuya has become kinder. If this continues in this fashion and he gains more emotions only to be beset by migraines then this theory becomes much more plausible.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

But well, you know, Tatsuya doesen´t have so much restricted emotions as that the emotions have no place to be born as there is already something else. I don´t see any reason for there to be such hedaches for him (except of the possibility of Maya doing something more than was mentioned)
Borderose
Kyonist

Post by Borderose »

Rahloo_ wrote:not sure if this is the right place to ask but i wondered not really about miyuki being tats sibiling but if miyuki could've also undergone changes to her mind by her mother in vol 8 I recall some odd struggles for miyuki when she was wondering about her relationship with tats in the past maybe her mom tried altering her mind to think of tats as not her brother thus ultimately leading to her loving him as a man and not a brother since she truly cant view him as such

Also wondering what was the relationship between tats miyuki and the mother before the experiment was done I doubt they would have many memories but I would think they would have some vague ones from around when tats was 5-6 and miyuki being 4-5 i guess? just find it curious that given how precious miyuki is to tats and his excellent memory that he never recalls anything or is it he was always seperated from his mom and sister?

I think there might have been a good reason the Yotsuba raised them apart and had it set so that they effectively check each other's powers. Maybe the siblings proved too much of a danger while they were together and caused some kind of incident? I think they actually did have memories of living together, but that was wiped out when the family decided they cannot stay together even while they were children. Maybe Miya disapproves of Miyuki reaching out to her brother because if they got together again something else might occur?

Also, I keep getting the feeling that mother and son might have been closer to each other than they let out on. I think Miya might have genuinely loved Tatsuya and that something happened that forced her to harden her heart against him...Heck, maybe it was something Tatsuya suggested for her sake.
crisisavatar
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

I was recently reading for the 5th or so time and found some funny wording with how Miyuki declared they were real siblings.

Something along the lines of "ever since that day 3 years ago he has been my brother".
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Although this might be a clue and lead to them not being real siblings, because of how the japanese language and culture work it might also be only that she is stating the change in her feeling towards Tatsuya. And this seems to point to the incident when he (nearly) revived her. Also, I remember, that they haven´t ever seen each other before certain time (?) so if she haven´t known about him it wouldn´t be so strange for her to fell she has "gained" a new sibling.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”