So, Incest ending impossibru?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Post Reply
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

I was informed that Oreimo ended the way it did because the publisher (same publisher as Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei), Dengeki Bunko, specifically forbids incest.

I'm personally a Saegusa Mayumi fan (best troll ever), but an easy victory is hardly a victory.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
User avatar
sutan
Astral Realm

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by sutan »

don't worry
Tatsuya will die alone.

no romantic ending.
Royal Paladin
Reader
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 am
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by Royal Paladin »

na
sutan wrote:don't worry
Tatsuya will die alone.

no romantic ending.


tragic. ill drop this novel if thats whats going to happen
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Royal Paladin wrote:tragic. ill drop this novel if thats whats going to happen


First of all, you wouldn't know until the end. Drop after it's done? lolok

Secondly, you aren't paying. The author and publisher couldn't care less.

Thirdly, perhaps most importantly, that sutan guy is an anon. His words are even more worthless than the average forumites; without a link/evidence who cares what comes out of his mouth?
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
User avatar
Swarz
Literature Club Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:15 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by Swarz »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:I was informed that Oreimo ended the way it did because the publisher (same publisher as Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei), Dengeki Bunko, specifically forbids incest.

I'm personally a Saegusa Mayumi fan (best troll ever), but an easy victory is hardly a victory.


All hail, Dengeki Bunko!!! Oh, thank god! Yes! Yes! Yessssssssssss!!!! You just don't know how happy I'm to hear that. You're sure that's true right? rigttttt? My faith in humanity is now restored by a little bit. I'm rooting for Mayuni or Lina. I'm happy with either of them, if Tats is ever going to end up with someone.

On a side note: I still think Oreimo's ending was crappy. Now, I'm glad I stopped reading it until the final volume is out. A pity, though. Ayase would've made a great wifu. *sigh*
User avatar
DarkDooM
Devoted Haruhiist
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:40 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by DarkDooM »

Oreimo did have an incest ending.
Royal Paladin
Reader
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 am
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by Royal Paladin »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:
Royal Paladin wrote:tragic. ill drop this novel if thats whats going to happen


First of all, you wouldn't know until the end. Drop after it's done? lolok

Secondly, you aren't paying. The author and publisher couldn't care less.

Thirdly, perhaps most importantly, that sutan guy is an anon. His words are even more worthless than the average forumites; without a link/evidence who cares what comes out of his mouth?


lol first of all i thought that post was confirmed

secondly so? LOLOLOLOLOL ill buy the novel to prove you wrong bro

third how should i know he is anon? i just join these forums a few day ago lol

lol im good :) xoxo. and i thought somthing was fishy cuz i knew oreimo did have an incest ending.
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Royal Paladin wrote:lol first of all i thought that post was confirmed

secondly so? LOLOLOLOLOL ill buy the novel to prove you wrong bro

third how should i know he is anon? i just join these forums a few day ago lol

lol im good :) xoxo. and i thought somthing was fishy cuz i knew oreimo did have an incest ending.


Never trust an anon without links.

Excellent. Now sell 100k copies outside of Japan and the publisher will bow down to our will.

You can't click his name, thus, he isn't a registered user.

Okay, about Oreimo, there was no explicit incest. The author never said "Kyousuke Bones Kirino". And the ending was incredibly depressing.

Spoiler! :
MC rejects his entire harem- btw, Kuroneko best girl ever- telling them he is in love with someone else. He asks his imouto to marry him.

They date for a year- have a mock marriage in a church, witnessed by nobody else, then break up as agreed to one year ago, because society will never accept an incestuous couple.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
User avatar
Kurumi
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 am
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by Kurumi »

I'm depressed with Oreimo's ending :(

I'm cheering for Tatsuya x Lina couple, I dont mind if he stays with Miyuki though. I dont like this incestuous stuff but in this case, strangely enough, I dont mind.
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Kurumi wrote:I'm depressed with Oreimo's ending :(

I'm cheering for Tatsuya x Lina couple, I dont mind if he stays with Miyuki though. I dont like this incestuous stuff but in this case, strangely enough, I dont mind.


Yeah, it was incredibly bitter.

Mayumi best girl. I don't care if she's older or whatever, she's just the best girl.

Strangely enough, Miyuki is also great matchup despite not being best girl. I'm still cheering for Mayumi though.

Royal Paladin wrote:secondly so? LOLOLOLOLOL ill buy the novel to prove you wrong bro


Post a pic of your face with all the volumes (11 released so far) and I will award you a internet cookie.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
User avatar
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by Gohankuten »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:Mayumi best girl. I don't care if she's older or whatever, she's just the best girl.

Strangely enough, Miyuki is also great matchup despite not being best girl. I'm still cheering for Mayumi though.

Sorry but that is blasphemy. Miyuki is the best girl for Tatsuya no contest. There is a never ending gap followed by an impenetrable wall between her and second place so that the only logical choice for Tatsua is Miyuki. The story just won't work if it can't end with Tatsuya and Miyuki.
User avatar
NewAgeOfPower
Haruhiist Specialist
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by NewAgeOfPower »

Gohankuten wrote:
NewAgeOfPower wrote:Mayumi best girl. I don't care if she's older or whatever, she's just the best girl.

Strangely enough, Miyuki is also great matchup despite not being best girl. I'm still cheering for Mayumi though.

Sorry but that is blasphemy. Miyuki is the best girl for Tatsuya no contest. There is a never ending gap followed by an impenetrable wall between her and second place so that the only logical choice for Tatsua is Miyuki. The story just won't work if it can't end with Tatsuya and Miyuki.


But you've already lost. Dengeki Bunko's policy makes your argument, whether valid or invalid, completely irrelevant. GG.
As mind to body, so soul to spirit.
As death to the mortal, so failure to the immortal.
Such is the price of all ambition.
User avatar
sutan
Astral Realm

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by sutan »

Gohankuten wrote:Sorry but that is blasphemy. Miyuki is the best girl for Tatsuya no contest. There is a never ending gap followed by an impenetrable wall between her and second place so that the only logical choice for Tatsua is Miyuki. The story just won't work if it can't end with Tatsuya and Miyuki.



Tatsuya will always be with miyuki.
i doubt he will develop any romantic feeling.

and also i think there is no need to be upset if he end up alone forever.
this is not not really a romantic novel after all.
User avatar
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by Gohankuten »

NewAgeOfPower wrote:
But you've already lost. Dengeki Bunko's policy makes your argument, whether valid or invalid, completely irrelevant. GG.

Nope because it could end similar to Oreimo and make it where all other choices for Tatsuya are gone besides Miyuki and just leave it at that which is the best if explicitly having incest ending can't be shown. There is no other option than for Tatsuya to be with Miyuki. No other girl would be able to take the place.
User avatar
sutan
Astral Realm

Re: So, Incest ending impossibru?

Post by sutan »

[quote="Gohankuten"]
Nope because it could end similar to Oreimo and make it where all other choices for Tatsuya are gone besides Miyuki and just leave it at that which is the best if explicitly having incest ending can't be shown. There is no other option than for Tatsuya to be with Miyuki. No other girl would be able to take the place.[/quote]


that is the best ending. Tatsuya being Miyuki's Guardian and support her forever.
Post Reply

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”