Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - The Anime

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - The Anime

Post by Ulrick »

The anime will definitely end with the volume 7. The question is, will they do any part of volume5? The Presidential Election at least? With, i would like the Summer Break.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

It depends, if they want something they can make 2nd season of, they have to include presidental election and Honoka´s confession at least. (At least in shortened form). As long as they wish only to end it with volume 7 and never have anything to do with it again, they can almost skip it (with just a note that the Mayumi graduated and Azusa took over).
abbad0n
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by abbad0n »

They could add the election as a DVD/Blureray only extra. :lol:
All Nighter94
Kyonist

Post by All Nighter94 »

I hope they do the upcoming Yokohama Disaster justice. I will accept nothing-less. They have 9 episodes to do it in, so hopefully hopefully hopefully they do it well. :mrgreen:

I don't think they'll be able to fit in the election, unless they add one more episode. (27?)
The Grammar Nazi

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time

Editor on Krytykal's translation blog
maqhusson
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Post by maqhusson »

I'm also really hoping they do a good job with Yokohoma, I really enjoyed it. However, I personally think they might only use seven episodes for it and spend two on the election, end of the NSC, and introduction to Yokohoma. Or something of the sort. I'm hoping they opt for a special for the election, but I don't know if that'll happen :|
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well the whole of volume 6 might get trimmed down a lot and end up in one or two episodes as there are few things that this anime seems to be focusing on, which would give them a lot of space for other things.
deanimation
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by deanimation »

Just finished watching episode 18.
After the credits, it showed the next arc (written in the subtitle) --> 横浜騒乱.
It seems that they will skip volume 05 and proceed to the Yokohama Disturbance arc.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Yeah, we will get propably only some retrospect at most (poor Honoka :D ). By the way, am I the only one who imagined phalanx as something like hemispherical thing and not just a plate of steel?
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Zuruumi wrote:Yeah, we will get propably only some retrospect at most (poor Honoka :D ). By the way, am I the only one who imagined phalanx as something like hemispherical thing and not just a plate of steel?
I was more of thinking it as a box with alternating layers with him in the center.

With Tatsuya's spell I was picturing it to be more like this instead:
Spoiler! :
With volume 5 perhaps they are saving that for an OVA.
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

Zuruumi wrote:Yeah, we will get propably only some retrospect at most (poor Honoka :D ). By the way, am I the only one who imagined phalanx as something like hemispherical thing and not just a plate of steel?
I personally saw it as a single plate for the purpose of the NSC (I think he just needed to cover his front for Monolith Code). I imagined it more as a plate made of a TON of layers that keeps adding layers at the front and losing some at the back though, not just a static plate =/. Also, I think Juumonji could make it into a box to cover all sides, otherwise if he was attacked from all sides, he wouldn't be able to react to all the attacks with a single plate.
shido wrote:With Tatsuya's spell I was picturing it to be more like this instead:
I was also slightly underwhelmed with the actual result of his magic. I think it happened too fast in the anime.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

All well and dandy, but hemispherical is more efficient and would cover attacks from all angles which would be necessary when your opponents use magic and if the animators took two minutes to think about it. Also what was the frickin' point of making the shield become smaller when he attacked? As if his opponents wouldn't attack him while he was attacking. If you were to believe the anime, someone would go up the the losers after the match and say: " oy retards, his back was open and you didn't attack when his shield was tiny, what was that about?"
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Yeah, well phalanx is so strong because it is almost impenetrable. Considering, that the starting point of magic atack dose not have to be on the position of the caster (eg. Mayumi´s sniping) his use of a plate would be laughable. Also, I think hemisphere is sturdier than cube (if he planned to use couple of this plates), because it has no weak nor strong points that could be atacked, and in the first place, if he was using the phalanx the way he was in NSCC (or simply in its defensive form) he would have to set a number of the same barriers connected to each other, which however is impossible (or at least impractical) because the magics would affect each other and even if he specified a small divide between them, that would create weaknesses in the corners of the cube (or rather all of its edges). All this things considered, I think that using the plates would make it extremely hard to set just one barrier and do it in reasonable time (as he would be casting 5 magics and the magics would have to be intricately balanced with each other), not eve nspeaking about using hundreds of such magics per second.
maqhusson
Void Mage

Post by maqhusson »

I think I recall Juumonji being praised for his superior calculating ability somewhere in the Light Novel when his Phalanx was being examined. Therefore, since he has to calculate the position of the spell each time, I think it'd be easier for him to work with a cube than a circular shape, as circles and hemispheres are much more annoying to deal with in general compared to cubes. About the 5 different magics for a cube, I think that he could make the cube a single magic, his calculations would just have to jump from 2D to 3D. I still think the cube would be easier to work with than a spherical shape though. Don't know exactly how his magic works, so that's jut how I see it as of now. As for the Phalanx becoming much smaller when he attacked, I don't get that either =/. I guess they competitors were awe-struck with it's power against their previous spells that Juumonji blocked, giving Juumonji enough time to take them down with retaliation, or it could be argued that they might have been slightly scared of Juumonji charging them, but it's still not a good translation from the LN to the anime, and it irked me a bit when watching it.

tl;dr Juumonji could make it a single magic and a cube, and I still think that would be easier to calculate than a spherical shape, but that's just me. Also, the anime's offensive depiction on Phalanx irked me.
Roses are red
Violets are violet
I've got a gun
Get in the van
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well this would be a rather difficult discussion, because it is highly theoretical and we lack the necesarry elementary knowledge about magic. Anyway, the possibility of it being a hemisphere is rather high because of this: Yokohama Disturbance II:
The flames from the explosion enveloped the hemisphere barrier that surrounded the vehicle.
and
Setting himself as the center of the hemisphere's space, he altered the fabric of the hemisphere to reject heat beyond a certain level and any molecule greater than oxygen.
I think he would be using the form he is most acustomed to, also, if the other one was a rectangular it would be mentioned in that chapter, or at least there.
ARF_13
Astral Realm

Post by ARF_13 »

What should i put it? umm.....
i think mahouka its one of a great LN i ever read, but when it comes to the anime i saw too much strange points there :
1. Tatsuya's thought its not mentioned ( because expressions its not enough for who hadn't read the novel, its somewhat confusing )
2. Too much pauses ( its little annoying you know )
3. Tatsuya - Miyuki events ( you must be know ), are less of romance feel
4. Some ED scenes cut its not suitable ( i mean it didn't make the viewer curious )
altough the graphic is awesome, i wish the producer will fix it in the next season ( if it release ). But this anime is still enjoyable for now :D
(only my opinion, fell free to doubt)

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”