Has there been any progress with volume 5?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

workisnotfun
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Has there been any progress with volume 5?

Post by workisnotfun »

Is there a group working on the chapters The Honour Student's Supplementary Lesson and Amelia in Wonderland for volume 5?
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Has there been any progress with volume 5?

Post by Sashiko »

As can be seen from the registry page Zwabbit is working on Amelia and Dreyakis is registered for Honor Student.

I believe that Zwabbit is working slowly but steadily on Amelia (which relates slightly to volume 12) and that since it is probably his first translation, he is still months away before he will produce a translation he is happy with.

Dreyakis on the other hand might have forgotten that he registered for Honor Student however, he might take a renewed interest in translating it later.

Unfortunately, although Morisaki gets mentioned in almost every book, he has faded into the background a lot which makes his short story less interesting and the plot threads dealt with in the short story have yet to become very revelant to the main story line.

Morisaki does get an extremely brief moment in the spotlight in vol 12 where he actually gets to speak 2 sentences and then he fades away again. So there may be some hope that something will happen that stirs up interest in getting the translation done but, right now I don't think we have any translators who have any real interest in doing Honor Student at this time.

Sashiko
workisnotfun
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by workisnotfun »

From your response, it sounds like these two chapters aren't very relevant to the story as a whole at all.. It's alright to skip these chapters which is why there's no interest in translating them?
Rava
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rava »

Yes, it is.
Kadzu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kadzu »

Volume 5 is probably only going to be fully translated when the volumes from the main story line are fully translated.
\
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

Kadzu wrote:Volume 5 is probably only going to be fully translated when the volumes from the main story line are fully translated.
Or they become relevant to the story
Nutshell
Astral Realm

Post by Nutshell »

what about Amelia in wonderland? is the story about phantom thief or something like that? :roll:
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

The translator for Amelia, didn't show for the last 6 months.

And Dreyakis -> http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... r:Dreyakis
Last news: Volume 5 Honor Student - 100/115 (March 31st.) Delayed by technical difficulties. Dreyakis (talk) 20:37, 30 March 2014 (CDT)
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

Honor student is finally done, despite delays due to work and somehow managing to misplace my Surface charger on a business trip.

Oddly enough, after seeing the world through Tatsuya's eyes for so long, working on Morisaki was...... interesting, to say the least. I am suddenly reminded of Shizuku's analysis of her American friend, Ray.

"It's not that Ray (Morisaki) is immature, it's just that Tatsuya set the bar too high." (Loosely paraphrased.)
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

Thank you Dreyakis for the chapter, that was a good thing for my birthday (Yes, it's the truth, the 1st April), Thank you again.
And what you wrote about Tatsuya, makes sense.

Another thing, on your page you wrote: Volume 5 Amelia in Wonderland(?), since Zwabbit didn't show up for the last 6 months, I think you can finish that chapter too. Well, I know, I am not the onewho sould be deciding. It's up to you.
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

I really hope someone finishes up volume 5 I have listened to the first 4 already.. I convert them to audio books and listen to them.. Just wish that Ivona had a Japanese voice I still got a lot of words I need to create a dictionary for to make them sound correct. Did many words but I still got many to go for audio book to really sound good, but it gives me something good to listen to on the way to and from work.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

How do you convert them to audio books?
kaie08
Mikuru's Master

Post by kaie08 »

well since he mentioned "Ivona" after a quick Google search ivona.com
"IVONA is award-winning, natural Text-to-Speech for desktop, mobile, server and Web. ..." seems like it's an automated software that automatically turns words into sounds (windows has a similar functionality if you search for it) and can create audio files
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Yeah well, I kind of know about things like that, but the last time I tried it it was completely ripping off my ears. Well it might have improved (but I wouldn´t expect it to be capable of pronouncing any of the character names).
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

Zuruumi wrote:Yeah well, I kind of know about things like that, but the last time I tried it it was completely ripping off my ears. Well it might have improved (but I wouldn't expect it to be capable of pronouncing any of the character names).
I understand what you mean and it's sounding better because I am using the proper lexicon.. for example.

(?<=^|[[:punct:][:space:]])Miyuki(?=[[:punct:][:space:]]|$) "<speak><phoneme alphabet='IPA' ph='Mi[j]uki'/></speak>"
(?<=^|[[:punct:][:space:]])ue(?=[[:punct:][:space:]]|$) "<speak><phoneme alphabet='X-SAMPA' ph='U E'/></speak>"
Obachan "<speak><phoneme alphabet='IPA' ph='ob"a"ä /tʃɑn/'/></speak>"
Bāchan "<speak><phoneme alphabet='IPA' ph='b"a"ä /tʃɑn/'/></speak>"

I have a lot more of the name to go through but these words sound good now. The last 2 are just ones I used to learn how to use IPA or X-SAMPA for proper pronounciation. I really wish Ivona would just come out with Japanese voice so the inflections would all be there already. But it has improved a lot the later voices like Sallie 2 that I use by Ivona. As soon as I get some time I will do the sub fixes properly like chan, kun, etc so that they sound better.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”