Who is the "real" enemy?

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Who is the "real" enemy?

Post by nr42 »

Zuruumi wrote:While that might be true I think his dad still holds higher position than he does.
He's the vice-president AND the majority shareholder. So he's got more power over FLT than the Yotsuba.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well this might be a bit discutable. While the things you said are true there is also mentioned, that the Yotsubes are the ones behind this company, so while he might on the surface hold most of the power in truth the Yotsuba should be more powerfull (well they don´t really appear to care about insignificant things like laws, therefore the official owner is not so important as long as they hold the power). That newertheless changes nothing about the fact, that Tatsuya still hold almost no power in Yotsuba clan and therefore his only influence in FTL is through the technicians supporting him (as he isn´t even their official supperior).
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Of course the moment Miyuki turns 18, he wouldn't really need that much power within the Yotsuba.
If they were to quit their affiliation with them. But the Yotsuba have probably planned for that scenario.
Also what is said about the Yotsuba and the company is that they hold power of attorney. Tatsurou could take that away, being the majority shareholder. But I agree that were that to happen the Yotsuba would probably "make him an offer he can't refuse".
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

nr42 wrote:Of course the moment Miyuki turns 18, he wouldn't really need that much power within the Yotsuba.
If they were to quit their affiliation with them. But the Yotsuba have probably planned for that scenario.
Also what is said about the Yotsuba and the company is that they hold power of attorney. Tatsurou could take that away, being the majority shareholder. But I agree that were that to happen the Yotsuba would probably "make him an offer he can't refuse".
It won’t change anything if Miyuki turns 18 or not. For her to become the next head of the Yotsuba Maya needs to step down and Maya is only in her 40s so it’s not anytime soon. Tatsurou can’t just walk out on the Yotsuba, because he knows much about the inside. You think the Yotsuba who lives in secrecy have someone with his knowledge walking around outside? He would be assassinated to keep such secrets safe, and fear would keep people at bay from acting how they pleased. Using Miyuki to raise his position within the Yotsuba wouldn’t happen. He’s not even in the good terms with her and I highly doubt that will change anytime soon. If we look at FLT he may be a majority shareholder, but even he won’t do anything. The Yotsuba can just change civilian information on the fly and just make it like he was never was a majority shareholder in the first place.
Shtirliz74
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shtirliz74 »

shido wrote:It won’t change anything if Miyuki turns 18 or not.
It would. When she turns 18 there sill be no secret anymore that she is Yotsuba and she will be officially acknowledged in public as next heir(as first among other candidates).
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Acording to the information given out by the author I think the original plan was for her to get officially acknowledged as Yotsuba once she graduates from her high school. However I don´t think this will happen, most likely this secret will be revealed by the beginning of her third year or the end of her second year.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

I agree with both. The plan is probably to release the intel after high school, but it will probably come out while in their third year in order to spice things up.
shido wrote:The Yotsuba can just change civilian information on the fly and just make it like he was never was a majority shareholder in the first place.
But, while I agree the Yotsuba are powerful and mob-like, I doubt they would be able to assassinate someone with connections and money, like Tatsurou, without arousing harmful suspicions.
Also they can't rewrite REALITY: it's a very different thing to register unborn children under a different name and family, than to erase the existence and influence of a living person.

In both cases the Saegusa and Kudou families would have a field day.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well the connections of Tatsuro are mainly through Yotsuba, so this won´t really help him.
I don´t think they would go as far as to assasinate him, but nobody would notice if he wanished for one or two days when visiting them (or just lets say, stayd home for couple of days because of illness) and as Yotsuba specialize in magic centered around mind (not sure of the original specification) and they wouldn´t shun torture... I don´t think he would last half a day not even speaking about a week which should be about the most possible time to break him without anyone getting proofe of him being abducted.
kaie08
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by kaie08 »

nr42 wrote:I agree with both. The plan is probably to release the intel after high school, but it will probably come out while in their third year in order to spice things up.
shido wrote:The Yotsuba can just change civilian information on the fly and just make it like he was never was a majority shareholder in the first place.
But, while I agree the Yotsuba are powerful and mob-like, I doubt they would be able to assassinate someone with connections and money, like Tatsurou, without arousing harmful suspicions.
Also they can't rewrite REALITY: it's a very different thing to register unborn children under a different name and family, than to erase the existence and influence of a living person.

In both cases the Saegusa and Kudou families would have a field day.
Actually they CAN rewrite reality pretty well: all the info about Tatsuya from the public repositories have been sistematically cancelled as both No-Head Dragon and Shizuku's mother found.
I don't think there would be much uproar if everything about Tatsurou disappeared since 1) it's likely most of his info is already altered to hide the Yotsuba connection and 2) Businessmen in the novel world use work names to hide their private life (everytime there's a businessman Shizuku's father too there's a name to hide his identity)
and obviously like it's already been said all tatsurou's connections and money come from the Yotsuba themselves
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

The problem is, that in contrast to Tatsuya he socializes a lot. It is true, that his identity might not be found out, but the fact would remain, that he personally disappeared. It was so easy to erase Tatsuya´s existance because from the get go almost nobody knew about him and he spend most of his time holed up somwhere deep in Yotsuba´s property (their mansions, training facilities, labs or whereever he was). It might not be so hard to erase Tatsurou from all registers and databases, but it still will cause a lot of unwanted uproar (no rather, the fact he was erased would immediatelly be blamed on them by Saegusa etc.).
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Zuruumi wrote:The problem is, that in contrast to Tatsuya he socializes a lot. It is true, that his identity might not be found out, but the fact would remain, that he personally disappeared. It was so easy to erase Tatsuya´s existance because from the get go almost nobody knew about him and he spend most of his time holed up somwhere deep in Yotsuba´s property (their mansions, training facilities, labs or whereever he was). It might not be so hard to erase Tatsurou from all registers and databases, but it still will cause a lot of unwanted uproar (no rather, the fact he was erased would immediatelly be blamed on them by Saegusa etc.).
That would be if people knew if Tatsurou was in fact part of the Yotsuba. He doesn't even use his real name when he's working in FTL, and many people don't know who are the members are within Yotsuba. The Yotsuba wouldn't be a secret clan otherwise if people were to know. Yotsuba have information manipulation that covers entire civilian level it wouldn't be hard for them to erase all of Tatsurou.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

While it might be possible for other people this shouldn´t work on Saegusa, I think they should be completely sure of who he is (or at least they might guess he is connected to them). Anyway, it is still impossible to erase him the problem will stay the same,, that the FTL chief was somebody else and that person suddenly is nowhere to be seen adn his personal information was erased. IN the first place, why would they kill him? Killing someone is bothersome and wastefull action, there should be more thna a hundred other ways to solve minor disobedience he might show to them.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Being a social figure means that there is a lot more info than some registers. It would be literally impossible to erase busines info. Also his money comes only partly from the yotsuba (miya's money) and it doesn't really matter where it's from he owns it. And about the alias: people would still look for the missing vp. And any information erased about tatsuya were just short incidents, immediately after it happened all the other info just never existed. He was never registered as a yotsuba.
Zuruumi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Well, however that changes nothing about him being heavily under Yotsuba´s influence. If he were to turn against him... he would either get "persuaded" into cooperating again or have trafic accident or something along that line.
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Zuruumi wrote:Well, however that changes nothing about him being heavily under Yotsuba´s influence. If he were to turn against him... he would either get "persuaded" into cooperating again or have trafic accident or something along that line.
You might be quite right, I don't think the Yotsuba would just sit there and take it. But in order to persuade him, he has to disappear at least for a while, which brings us back to that point also he has a wife. And about the accident: that would make the story very interesting, because who'd get the company shares?

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”