Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm relatively sure that early on in the books he mentions that he and the other espers can sense Haruhi's emotions... it'd explain why he always seems to know what she's feeling.
I read that quote, but sensing emotions isn't the same as "I can know every single goddamned thought you're feeling! HA!"

Compare and contrast: "Haruhi feels <emotion>" and "Haruhi is thinking <Thoughts> because <Reason> and therefore she's decided to <action> because of <previous instance."

While he certainly seems to display mind-reading powers, Itsuki has outright said that even he doesn't know what Haruhi is actually thinking, and just makes educated guesses on what he CAN sense, which I think is merely the "states of mind" of Stable and Unstable.
Uh, wait. New thought. gee, Koizumi's connection to Haruhi's mental state gives those 'Itsuki for Kyon' people a bit more room to stand on, doesn't it?
I'm not sure if I should feel repulsed at the idea of a wierd telepathic mind rape orgy in the SOS Brigade, or to squeel at the idea of Itsuki/Kyon.

What the hell am I thinking, of course I'm gonna squeel. :3

Complimentary links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL82_v4V-Ik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ymKkDW9MQY
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

Keep in mind that Haruhi is not exactly the most complex person. Sensing her emotions isn't all that far from knowing what she's thinking, given some context. This is why Itsuki's always hovering around.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I suppose, but I just took it that the power boils down to just "Safe" and "ohshitunstablesomeonecheckforClosedSpace."
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

The Avenue Q one was awesome.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:The Avenue Q one was awesome.
I literally watch it every day.

Return to “Volume 3 - The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第三巻: 涼宮ハルヒの退屈”