[Boredom] Baseball fans/experts help needed

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

[Boredom] Baseball fans/experts help needed

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I'm doing the preview version of "Boredom", as a non-baseball fan, there is only so much I can make out with wikipedia's help, so please contribute your baseball knowledge as much as possible. Thanks.
Theclow
Astral Realm

Post by Theclow »

I know a little bit about baseball but ill help in anyway I can.
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

Same here. Ask away!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

And so, when Asahina-san reappeared, she was dressed in the most appropriate attire for this situation. She wore a sleeveless shirt with bright blue and white colours, coupled with a mini skirt, she even had two yellow (?).

The word you're looking for at the end is "pompoms," I believe.[/i]
mkinnc
Astral Realm

Post by mkinnc »

Here's something that's I've been wondering about concerning the final play of the game. In the original text, did the author specifically mention that it was a "wild pitch" that started the play? I say this because given what's been translated and what was seen in the corresponding anime episode, I would have scored that as a passed ball on Nagato, since the ball nicked off her glove and she had every opportunity to catch the ball normally (a wild pitch being one that the catcher wouldn't be able to get to normally from the crouch).

Coincidentally, the full play would have been scored strikeout, passed ball on Nagato, runner out at second scored 2-4-8 (Nagato-Suzumiya-Koizumi).

Of course, given Kyon's relative ignorance on the finer points of the game, I can certainly see him calling it a wild pitch. I'm simply interested if the author enforced that ignorance.

Return to “Volume 3 - The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第三巻: 涼宮ハルヒの退屈”